Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just translated this from Dani Alves:
“I am convinced Cesc will join us. Arsenal are in tourist class; we are in business class. Any player would want to join us.”

Tourist class that would have knocked you out of the CL had Bendtner actually finished that chance Dani?

Unbelievable how many people want to have their say on this saga.

Can we have a rule that we don't post anything from the Cesc saga until something's actually concrete/confirmed? Surely everyone else finds it as boring as I do...

Can we have a rule that we don't post anything from the Cesc saga until something's actually concrete/confirmed? Surely everyone else finds it as boring as I do...

agreed, really really dull. I was bored of it last season

Just translated this from Dani Alves:

Tourist class that would have knocked you out of the CL had Bendtner actually finished that chance Dani?

Unbelievable how many people want to have their say on this saga.
that my friend is the reason arsenal should have kept Eduardo, he would have scored that...

20 Million for the player wanting out and has only year left on the contract.. Not sure I want him at United as we need a proper CM. We can get top class CM for that price. Vidal, Ever Banega will be available for that price and if we need to make 25Million bid and then with few more millions we can get Schweinsteiger.

Saying this is SAF wants the player then he has a role to play.. Interesting time ahead..

Dunc, you always love slating me when I get involved in a little debate :) I think you patiently wait until I say something so you can have a little dig...

I am only joking with these guys :) that exact quote was a joke.... I agree with what you and everyone is saying, from his last season, he deserves to be at a top 6 club and warrants his price tag, especially cause he is English!

Aston Villa: Stewart Downing is NOT for sale - Alex McLeish - Aston Villa FC news - Aston Villa - Sport - Birmingham Mail

ALEX McLeish has insisted Stewart Downing is “not for sale” after Randy Lerner rejected Liverpool’s £15 million bid for Villa’s star of last season.

McLeish remains determined to hold onto Downing despite Kenny Dalglish testing the claret and blues’ resolve with an offer for the England winger.

But Liverpool – who completed the signing of former Villa midfield target Charlie Adam from Blackpool yesterday – are unlikely to be deterred easily. And McLeish and Lerner could have a major dilemma on their hands if Downing forces the issue and the Reds return with a bid nearer to £20 million.

----------------------------------------------------------------------​

Article more or less sums up the things I've been saying. At least £20 million or go away, basically.

Manchester United have entered the race to sign Toulouse ace Moussa Sissoko, according to sources in France.

The Premier League champions have joined Arsenal, Liverpool and Manchester City in a four-way Premier League chase for the French international, who has played three times for his country since making his debut two years ago.

The 21-year-old midfielder wants to test himself at the highest level and is being lined up to a move to the Premier League after eight years at Toulouse.

Sir Alex Ferguson is on the lookout for midfield firepower, with the loss of Paul Scholes [retired], Owen Hargreaves [released] and Darron Gibson, who could be joining Sunderland.

Sissoko nearly joined Spurs two years ago, but the move broke down as both sides failed to agree a fee. Reports suggest that around £7million will be enough to seal a move to Old Trafford.

Roundup of the latest stories from yours truly, Carlos Salcido looks set to return to Mexico in the form of Chivas de Guadalajara from Fulham after a one year spell there. Kun Aguero- Meeting I mentioned that happened on Tuesday appears to have cooled the issue after Atletico are thought to have proposed a far less 'long term' structured deal than Juventus wanted. So as far as Juve go, they have turned their attention to Guiseppe Rossi who is widely regarded as available for 25 million and is touted in Turin as the next ADP with the possible make weight being Felipe Melo who has previously stated that he would like to play in La Liga if the right offer came. Lassana Diarra move to Juve looks very much on and all but a done deal for around 11 million euros, whilst the LW position looks to be reliant on Vucinic (mainly his crazy agent) setting out reasonable personal terms with Juventus and not asking for a 25 pct pay rise on his current Roma deal. And more surprisingly it has been leaked that OL and Juventus have a 16 million euro's ''Plan B'' deal for Michel Bastos if Juve fail to tie up Vucinic, Bastos of course has an EU passport so wouldn't contribute to the two allowed.

Rossi deal:
Speaking to Mediaset, his agent Federico Pastorello had said: "It was a meeting in which they have made ​​assumptions, we have taken information. I find it normal that Juventus could get information on Rossi, which is definitely a top player. But I can not confirm that Juve wants Rossi '
No secret that Rossi would take a move to earn more money and preferably move to Italy especially to a club that rates him so highly and has such a strong Italian base. Think this deal is alot more likely than Kun at the moment, think it always was, especially considering Kun Aguero would still not play CL football next season if he went to Juve. More Juve news, they have pretty much done the deal for Matias Sylvestre in the range of 4 million euros rising to 6 if he plays 8 European games over the next 3 seasons.

Lavezzi update from his ever vocal agent:

Interviewed by Radio Kiss Kiss, Alejandro Mazzoni, declared: "I have just arrived from Spain and I have read the rumours concerning a possible transfer of my client to Manchester. I know that Mancini has declared to admire Lacezzi and I am honoured. I have been to England recently, but not to negotiate with Manchester City. We are not preparing his departure, he is happy at Napoli. At the moment there are no offers, but, if there would be one, it would be normal. And if it will be an interesting offer it will be up to president De Laurentiis to decide. He has always said that everybody is for sale".
So essentially he is saying it's down to the clubs and my player would love the move, think this will happen regardless of Tevez Hamsik/Cavani are more retainable and important in many ways to Napoli than Lavezzi...But don't take that as being cheap I would expect him to go for around 30-34 million euros especially if Balotelli is worth 30 to City.

Vidal update, he said this when interviewed by an Italian newspaper, ''"In the next season I would like to play in Italy. My friend Alexis Sanchez has told me that the Serie A is perfect for us South Americans, and he has suggested me to accept Napoli's offer, cause of the magic atmosphere of their stadium, but there are also other important clubs interested". Bayern Munich deal is dead in the water when Leverkusens director pulled the plug and has said he will be playing in England/Italy next season, for the price De Laurentiis will be willing to pay and the price top Premier League clubs will be willing to pay is huge. Arturo Vidal will definitely end up at either Milan/Napoli/Chelsea/United but I would not rule out Wenger pulling a blind one which I am sure he will do this summer.
Owen Hargreaves agent has been approached by Tottenham in a 'pay as you play' deal and Werder Bremen have offered him a 3 year contract with options every 3 months for the club to terminate his deal without compensation, Juan Mata's agent hasn't said anything in England so far as quotes but has spent the past 3 days in London (He spent the previous 2 he was here in the North West) so whether that means anything I'm not sure.

Diego Ribas update: Player and his agent are still in England almost 2 weeks after arriving, I know 100 pct he has 2 offers from Russia and Wolfsburg accepted an 9.8 million euros bid from Besiktas earlier in the week but his agent and him have not left England so I would presume something is going on somewhere...

What I know about Diego personally- Despite recent behaviour he is a very ambitous player who doesn't move for the money, not the type who will go to Eastern Europe at this stage of his career he still feels he has alot to prove and was a fan of the Premier League as a kid and always admired the stature of the top clubs.

Cristiano Lucarelli's agent is in talks with Swansea over a possible deal after his Parma contract ran out earlier this month, also ex Juve midfielder Stephen Appiah is claiming Premier League interest with likely suitors being a newly promoted/mid table team.

Also some Pastore news from extremely credible Italian source:
Tomorrow Anzhi Makhachkala executives will meet Marcelo Simonian, agent of Palermo attacking midfielder Javier Pastore. I *it you not.

Should also add to the above point, I am now presuming to meet his agent they have bid a ridiculous amount of money upwards of 55-60 million euros far above what other clubs would pay to get him. If Pastore goes his career is dead in my eyes but I hope hes smart enough to turn them down. Clearly it would be a huge coup/statement of intent from Anzhi but...*ck me the Russian League will never be amongst Europe's elite for alot of reasons...

Last edited:
Vidal update, he said this when interviewed by an Italian newspaper, ''"In the next season I would like to play in Italy. My friend Alexis Sanchez has told me that the Serie A is perfect for us South Americans, and he has suggested me to accept Napoli's offer, cause of the magic atmosphere of their stadium, but there are also other important clubs interested". ..

Good updates Jimmer.

Bold part can't be true. Bundesliga has the best atmosphere and Serie A has the worst. So this can't be the reason. Can see Napoli going for him. Heard rumors that Juve are close to signing Vidal. Dont know how true is that.

Sky Sports sources understand Reading have accepted a bid in the region of £5million from Leicester City for defender Matt Mills.

Graham Hunter say Mata's €25m release clause has been met by two English clubs. He was on SSN this morning.

wonder who that is....

City and Arsenal (Wegner looking ahead with the cash he will be getting from Cesc and Nasri) plus has £9m already from Clichy plus his transfer budget for this year....

Liverpool and Arsenal?

Them 2+Chelsea in for Mata, Hunter tweeted yesterday Mata's agent was in the UK talking to BPL clubs, I think he said CFC/AFC since alot of people expect LFC to sign Downing, also came out 2 English clubs have matched the 25 mill release fee in Mata's contract. This is more advanced a deal than it appears I would say, SSN are barely on it despite Hunters claims on Twitter yesterday just their typical ''don't give a **** if its not from English club to English club transfer''. I am expecting him to end up at CFC then AFC because I think LFC are tunnel visioned on Downing at the minute...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back