Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
@skysports_bryan - We're told Arsenal yet to receive formal offer for Samir Nasri following #mufc's enquiry #ssn

Looks like O'Shea deal is done and Gibson has offers from Sunderland and Stoke.

Hopefully Gibson signs for Sunderland.,

He just posted this up on Red Issue.

'hello all, signed for sunderland today with wes, huge rench to leave United but the club has to keep moving forward and I respect that. Good chance of gibbo joining if he can decide between the north-east or Stoke. I will still visit this site in the future!

cheers again, hope i'm remembered for last minute in front of the kop, giving my all in a red shirt, and not that dodgy own goal at everton! Big changes at united this summer but all for the better'.

I know i'm not supposed to ask it here, but why is the Confirmed Transfers thread closed?

Saw someone post this on twitter earlier.

20:20 - Wesley Sneijder unleashed European auction yesterday as Manchester United came forward with a bid of 39 million euros this afternoon it was the turn of the Malaga Spanish to raise, even if downward, with a package of 35 million plus awards. The sheikhs of Malaga aims to become the City of Spain, and then intends to build a squad big names.

Lavezzi via? C'è Pastore, Roma-Lamela: è il giorno - La Gazzetta dello Sport

John Arne Riise will have a medical at Fulham, personal terms already accepted. Confirmed by Jol on BBC Radio.

Malaga are rumoured to have bid for Sneijder, could start the bidding war if true..

Graeme Bailey

Malaga, linked with tevez and pastore, have reportedly made a €35m bid for Wesley Sneijder. #MUFC

Malaga are rumoured to have bid for Sneijder, could start the bidding war if true..

Graeme Bailey

Malaga, linked with tevez and pastore, have reportedly made a €35m bid for Wesley Sneijder. #MUFC

Although I support Arsenal. I would love to see Wesley in the EPL. Whether he goes to Man Utd Etc, I don't care. Fantastic player with incredible ability and makes an amazing inter team on Fifa incredible.

Martin Jol was asked about the potential of signing John Arne Riise on Thursday night and Fulham's Manager said he is hopeful of signing the Norwegian international, subject to a Club medical. "He’s coming for a medical," Jol revealed. "If that’s [the medical] okay we’ve got ourselves a very good player."

Martin Jol was asked about the potential of signing John Arne Riise on Thursday night and Fulham's Manager said he is hopeful of signing the Norwegian international, subject to a Club medical. "He’s coming for a medical," Jol revealed. "If that’s [the medical] okay we’ve got ourselves a very good player."

Very good signing for Fulham if he deal goes through, could never understand why Liverpool let him go in the first place. Stunning left foot he has on him and oh, he is just a bit better than his brother lol

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

It's either accept the bids being made or have an unhappy player for a season and watch him leave next year for sotch free. £20mil for a player with only a year left on his contract is a very good offer I think.

Liverpool ready to make new and improved £18m offer for Aston Villa winger Stewart Downing - Telegraph

Aston Villa owner Randy Lerner is adamant the England winger is not for sale and has already rejected a bid of £15 million from Liverpool this week.
Kenny Dalglish, the Liverpool manager, remains undeterred, however, and is now ready to test Villa's resolve further with an £18 million offer.
McLeish spoke to Downing last week and more detailed discussions are planned for Friday. A truce appears improbable, however. Downing, who has two years remaining on his contract, has his heart set on Anfield but may have to force the issue by handing in a transfer request.
"He had a magnificent season last year and really came to full maturity as a top player," said McLeish, who has already lost Ashley Young to Manchester United. "I understand why there are teams interested in him and that is what happens when you play well consistently.
''His performances last season were top drawer. That's why he's not for sale. I spoke to him briefly last week and I intend speaking to him again when all the lads are back in for training."

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 PM ----------

Stewart Downing will hold showdown talks with Aston Villa on Friday in an attempt to force through his move to Liverpool this weekend.

Villa boss Alex McLeish yesterday insisted that the winger was not for sale at any price but has lined up Wigan's Charles N'Zogbia as his replacement.

Liverpool remain confident of tying up a deal for Downing despite the Midlanders' £20million valuation and are willing to table a final offer of £18million, which could see back-up striker David Ngog heading to Villa Park as a makeweight in the 26-year-old's capture.

Downing is furous at Villa's refusal to allow him to leave and will intimate his desire to join the ranks at Anfield when he meets with McLeish at the Bodymoor Heath training ground.

The former Middlesbrough man is now preparing to up the ante in a bid to see a deal concluded before the Reds fly out for their pre-season tour of the Far East on Sunday.

Meanwhile Liverpool announced tonight that they had concluded the signing of Blackpool captain Charlie Adam, who arrives at Anfield in a deal believed to be worth £7million.

Stewart Downing wants Liverpool FC deal concluded by Saturday > Liverpool FC > Sport | Click Liverpool

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back