Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy on twitter says he "has a feeling" Nasri will re-sign. Usually has good sources but I don't think this comes from anyone - just his interpretation of events.

Both sides have their stances, United have other targets too. At least whatever goes on will be respectful

Napoli interest in Pastore isn't taken seriously in Italy. John Henry tweeted a couple of times about Mata last night and alot of reports this morning that Mata is on his way to the UK in the next 48 hours (Medical, personal terms or could be just a holiday). Really seems Henry is well aware of Mata and that fans want him, American Capital pulled out of a preliminary naming rights for a new stadium negotiation after Liverpool asked for 23 million a year and the firm wanted to do a 5 year deal worth 92 million pounds. I would post his tweets but I'm on my phone and on my way out.:S

JamieDalton82Jamie Dalton

As I showed you yesterday - France Football report Aly Cissohko is close to agreeing a move to Liverpool for around €9m.
For 9 Million this will be very good deal for Liverpool..

Not so good news..

I reckon he is mixing up the figures mentioned in the article from the French footy magazine.

The article does not say that Lyon will sell him for €9m, it says that Lyon want to make €9m on what they paid.

Which would be an asking price of €24m

Last edited:
Got a few transfers/quotes to bring you this morning lads,

Alexander Doni should be announced as a Liverpool player within the next 48 hours after the club's finally agreed a new fee and Doni's personal terms have been agreed so this one should be tied up/made official within the next 48 if not 24 hours. Italian media are also reporting Roma are in discussions with Liverpool about signing LB Insua who is available at Liverpool and very highly rated by the Italian club who will be looking for a younger/fresher replacement for Riise who has all but finalised his move to Fulham. Expect alot of Liverpool-Roma links in the next few years they are basically owned by the same American group with similar investors/strategies so this could be a closely wound bond between them.
Napoli are set to announce the signing of CB Miguel Britos in a deal rising to 10 million euros and its expected Jose Sosa will move the other way to Bologna on a permanent deal as part of the 2 clubs agreement, the OL chairman came out yesterday and said they had tied up a 6 million euros deal for Britos but Napoli came in the 11th hour and priced Lyon out of the deal. Lacombe said to French press:
"If it's true that Juventus have speeded-up for Bastos? No, the negotiation is at a dead point. The player is here with us, and there is nothing new about him. Too late for Britos? I am afraid so. We liked him but his evaluation was too high for us, and in the mid time a third club has arrived..."

Essentially confirming that Juve have a deal in place but its 'dead' because Juve are waiting to hear from Plan A Vucinic, from Germany Hamburg 30 year old right fullback Guy Demel has declared: "My desire is to move back to England. My agent is talking with some clubs to accomplish my will". I would have reason to believe the clubs involved in talks are Sunderland/Stoke/Everton and I wouldn't be surprised if Newcastle moved for the RB to be honest.

Ricky Alvarez quote to Sky Sports Italia on arrival at Milan airport the 24 year old said;
"It's a dream that comes true. I am ready for this new adventure, I came here to win everything".

Differing to his previous twitter statement claiming Arsenal/Premier League was his dream 'god willing'.

Pastore to Napoli rumours- Not even making a splash in Italy whatsoever, taken as trash hype between De Laurentiis and Zamparini to make Inter/AC scare up bids for Hamsik/Pastore respectively.

Also Federico Marchetti has joined Lazio on a 5 year deal and former Italy international D'Agostino has signed for Siena from Udinese. Plus ex Man City forward Valeri Bojinov has joined Sporting CP from Parma on a 3 year deal for a fee of 2.7 million euros.

Not got alot of news today but that's pretty much all I have at the minute :wub:

Notts Forest have agreed a fee with Newcastle for Wayne Routledge. Also, Newcastle hae apparently bidded for Forest player Lewis McGugan, but whether this is the papers putting 2 and 2 together, and getting 6 is yet to be seen.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:16 PM ----------

Britos, very good defender from the little I have seen. Apparently, Newcastle have launched a bid to sign Shane Long from Reading, as it looks certain that Erdinc will stay with PSG and fight for his place, against Guillame Hourau, Peguy Luyindula, Loris Arnaud, Jean Eudes Maurice, and new signing Kevin Gameiro. I would put him as third choice there, with Gameiro and Hourau probable starters.

TBH, I am very surprised we haven't been linked with Hourau yet, a big Target Man, much like Carroll, and with the strikeforce at PSG being strong, there will be one leaving, at least.

Was mentioned by GDI in the past few days that Chievo Verona defender Bostjan Cesar aged 29 is being approached by 3 Premier League clubs mentioned as Blackburn, Aston Villa and Newcastle and the fee mentioned by the club is 3.8 million euros...

Not entirely sure that the Newcastle link is true but Blackburn/Villa I believe are after him 100 pct, pretty solid 'warrior style' CB and had a decent season. Not really a 'marquee' target though I have to say, can see him ending up at Blackburn over the other 2.

Blackburn news:
Jermaine Jones has returned for pre season training with Schalke and him/his manager has said he will remain at Schalke 04 next season, stamping out any plan Blackburn might have had to sign him on a permanent basis.

Last edited:
Hearing that Jay Bothroyd is happy to move to QPR but wants 3 million a year wages which is pretty insane for a Championship/low Premiership player. I think we would be better of getting Keane in for nothing, considering Spurs are almost pleading to get red of him.

Football transfer rumours: Owen Hargreaves to join Leicester City?

Football transfer rumours: Owen Hargreaves to join Leicester City? | Scott Murray | Football | guardian.co.uk

Newspapers and media companies confessing multiple sins seems to be the order of the day, so here's the Rumour Mill's mea culpa: we can't think of any tenuous angles, pathetic riffs, or barely functioning puns for the following stories: Blackburn striker Nikola Kalinic moving to Dnipro or Dynamo Kyiv in a £6m deal; Chelsea signing Genk keeper Thibaut Courtois for £9m and then loaning him back or sending him out to Atlético Madrid; Spurs, Arsenal, Chelsea, Newcastle and Everton chasing Hajduk Split forward Ante Vukusic; Newcastle winger Wayne Routledge leaving for Nottingham Forest; and Korona Kielce defender Hernani da Rosa arriving at West Ham. Sorry, we just can't do it. Close the Rumour Mill down if you really must, but remember it'll be the end of a fine journalistic tradition of cutting and pasting other people's work that stretches back nearly 11 years.

Instead, let's draw a line under it and move on.

Manchester City striker Emmanuel Adebayor is a target for Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspur, but the £14m price tag is putting these good folk off. As a direct result of this pricing policy, Adebayor is refusing to train, has instructed his lawyers to look into launching a constructive dismissal case, and is wearing a face just to hammer home the fact he's got a cob on.

Tottenham Hotspur are interested in £20m Espanyol striker Pablo Osvaldo. The first stage in an ambitious attempt to recreate the teamsheet from the 1981 FA Cup final? If they subsequently put in bids for Barcelona's David Villa, Leon Crooks of Gravesend & Northfleet, and Exeter City's Troy Archibald-Henville, Spurs fans of a certain vintage will be getting very excited indeed. Albeit with diminishing returns.

Arsenal have bid £6m for Southampton starlet Alex Chamberlain, whose additional monicker "Oxlade" is these days displaying with the regularity of a broken neon street sign in a low-quality film noir. What's it to be, newspaper folk? The Rumour Mill strongly suspects you neither know nor care, and that it's a quick and easy solution to space issues with headlines. This sort of thing is killing journalism, along with the American comma and the lack of prepositions of time in phrases such as "News of the World to close Sunday".

Leicester want Owen Hargreaves, Bristol City striker Nicky Maynard.

Liverpool are sick of waiting for Stewart Downing, and will offer Lyon £12m for Brazilian winger Michel Bastos instead. Other reports suggest they're going to up their offer for the thoroughly unremarkable Downing to a preposterous £18m, and maybe even £20m, so we'll let you take a guess as to which outcome is the most likely.

And following hot on the heels of yesterday's Retro Rumour involving John Arne Riise's possible move to Fulham, here's some more Maconie-esque tittle-tattle. Does anybody remember Jonathan Woodgate? He's due a revival at Stoke City or Leeds United, clubs you may remember enjoying their heyday in the 1970s along with spacedust, double prog-rock concept albums, and public information films featuring an insensible cartoon cat. Talking heads slot, please, BBC Three!

Would be a brilliant move for Owen in my opinion, Leicester City have shown already with their summer activity that they mean business this season. A pay as you play deal would be best for both parties in my opinion.

To be fair I would make my own football club just to offer Hargreaves a contract...
[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/owenhargreavescb#p/u/7/uH3m3hkr2dA[/video]
Absolute legend.

Hopefully if we get our act sorted we can ship Boyd off to Turkey free up 40k a week extra wages and bring in Hargreaves on a 50k a week 3 year contract <3. :wub:

#WoodyAndHargreavesToTheBoro!

Get trending.

Hope he doesn't join Sven, and I hope somehow we get him but the chance is like 1/100 in his 'pomp' in the BL one of the best defensive CM's I have ever seen and I would argue as good a passer as Lamps/Gerrard on his day...

Lot of love from everyone to Owen...No not that *nt, the one with one knee and *** appeal...Yeah that's right the better Owen...Hargreaves. :wub:

Woah. This has to be the most depressing transfer window ever if your an Evertonian. Nightmare with no transfer activity. How do we expect to keep up with the teams in front of us if we dont add more quality. With out a quality striker and winger we are in trouble next season. We will be lucky to have a top-half finish!

Today is the first day we've been linked with decent players in Ante Vukusic and Niko Krancjar. Both would be welcome in my team anyday!

Last edited:
Benfica's backup GK , Moreira, set to sign for newly EPL, Swansea. Good, liked him, but he deserves to play, hope he finally shows all his worth.

Woah. This has to be the most depressing transfer window ever if your an Evertonian. Nightmare with no transfer activity. How do we expect to keep up with the teams in front of us if we dont add more quality. With out a quality striker and winger we are in trouble next season. We will be lucky to have a top-half finish!

Today is the first day we've been linked with decent players in Ante Vukusic and Niko Krancjar. Both would be welcome in my team anyday!
Might have some bad news, for the past week Palermo/Leverkusen have been talking to Everton about signing Mustafi with the more likely Palermo as the team to sign him with serious interest from their side. Think they were talking at around 1.8 million euros for him, but yeah bad news if your an Everton fan I can imagine. Just talking, no bids have been accepted but Palermo's approach wasn't rebuffed a week ago and they have been 'talking' ever since.

#EvertonFansNeedAHug

Might have some bad news, for the past week Palermo/Leverkusen have been talking to Everton about signing Mustafi with the more likely Palermo as the team to sign him with serious interest from their side. Think they were talking at around 1.8 million euros for him, but yeah bad news if your an Everton fan I can imagine. Just talking, no bids have been accepted but Palermo's approach wasn't rebuffed a week ago and they have been 'talking' ever since.

#EvertonFansNeedAHug

For goodness sake! That lad has alot of potential! Him and Shane Duffy at the back for the reserves was a brilliant partnership and one for the future. Why are we selling him after signing him just 2 years ago!?
Any news on us lot talking to any clubs about buying?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back