Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isnt he with the Arsenal Squad? would like to know how he agreed personal terms? and can someone give me a source that isnt twitter.

To be fair, you're not gonna turn it down if they offer it to you, regardless of what your motivation is

There was a link to it in my original post.
But you have to sub to it.

Isnt he with the Arsenal Squad? would like to know how he agreed personal terms? and can someone give me a source that isnt twitter.

To be fair, you're not gonna turn it down if they offer it to you, regardless of what your motivation is

Suppose so, unless it was agreed last week and it seems that the Times may have picked up on a story from Friday on Sky Italia about Nasri.

Suppose so, unless it was agreed last week and it seems that the Times may have picked up on a story from Friday on Sky Italia about Nasri.

Cant find anything in the Guardian or the Indepedent

---------- Post added at 02:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:56 AM ----------

Gervinho delayed by Visa, should arrive next week, Wenger annoyed by delay

---------- Post added at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 AM ----------

OK from what i can tell this is from last week when city were supposed to have made the 20M bid

Yeah I think the Nasri news everyone is getting is slightly older than it appears, its like when BBC/Everyone reported the other day the official 20m bid from like 2 weeks ago that got rejected. City do have a habit of talking to agents/advisors and working out personal terms before they go to clubs with offers, I don't doubt City would offer him ridiculous wages...

Only thing SkyItalia has said about the Nasri saga lately is that AC Milan have said they will not be signing him, erm you lot know I don't like to report too much on english-english club transfer saga's but the Nasri thing I believe is something that started as a little 'trick' at the end of the season because he pretty much had the contract he wanted and just needed to sign in back when Arsenal played Barce. His contract was ready to be signed in between the 1st and 2nd leg vs Barce but he didn't do it and at the end of the season his agent/advisors have thought ''Lets scare Arsenal into offering Samir more money'', so the link with City/Chelsea emerged. What they did not expect is for so many clubs to get involved and so many official inquiries/offers/unofficial bids for him, so the whole situation is now out of hand and I mean the guy is on Arsenal's 11/12 kit campaign posters etc. I still would (expect is to strong a word)...'hope' that Nasri signs the deal but all this money being thrown around at him has to look promising from his current contract.

My take on the saga anyway, personal opinion is its an agent trick (like Rooney pulled), to get more money on his contract and it has gotten out of hand. All I know is Wenger has made him one 'final' offer contract of somewhere in the region of 105-110k a week which puts him in the top bracket at Arsenal (Not many make that much there).

Last edited:
Reports claiming an Anzhi bid of 50 million euros ad a salary offer of 10 million euros a season, Porto FC have admitted contact and Anzhi general manager came out yesterday saying ''the stories of 10 million a season is not true, thats all I can say right now''...
He didn't deny the bid just the salary offer...Very weird.

Hope this doesn't happen because Hulks career will be finished and hes still in his prime.
As published by the Portuguese newspaper 'Record', their exclusive today...

I should point out his buyout clause is 100 million euros.

Can't see this happening, Malaga/Anzhi links are just because they have stupid money and are trying to be big game players and make a statement to CFC/MUFC/AFC/AM/IFC/RM/FCB etc and try to 'hijack' their targets.

Personal opinion on Anzhi/Russian football is anyone who goes there and isn't past their peak/uncertain/unheard of etc is a career killer. Especially to people who are ethnically diverse and different to Russians idea of what they see in their national team/countrys culture in general. For example Roberto Carlos gets bananas/insults thrown at him every game and imo is just massacring his career out in Russia and its clear he's gone for the money.
Hope footballers are smart enough not to move to Anzhi...

Reports claiming an Anzhi bid of 50 million euros ad a salary offer of 10 million euros a season, Porto FC have admitted contact and Anzhi general manager came out yesterday saying ''the stories of 10 million a season is not true, thats all I can say right now''...
He didn't deny the bid just the salary offer...Very weird.

Hope this doesn't happen because Hulks career will be finished and hes still in his prime.
As published by the Portuguese newspaper 'Record', their exclusive today...

I should point out his buyout clause is 100 million euros.

Can't see this happening, Malaga/Anzhi links are just because they have stupid money and are trying to be big game players and make a statement to CFC/MUFC/AFC/AM/IFC/RM/FCB etc and try to 'hijack' their targets.

Personal opinion on Anzhi/Russian football is anyone who goes there and isn't past their peak/uncertain/unheard of etc is a career killer. Especially to people who are ethnically diverse and different to Russians idea of what they see in their national team/countrys culture in general. For example Roberto Carlos gets bananas/insults thrown at him every game and imo is just massacring his career out in Russia and its clear he's gone for the money.
Hope footballers are smart enough not to move to Anzhi...

Hi jimmer love ya updates! Just caught somethin on SSN about snjeider beein able to join united clubs meetin early this week any truth mate?

Sneijder just got back from Greece yesterday (holiday with his wife), and arrived at Milan airport yesterday to meet up for pre season with Inter today/tomorrow, alot of Dutch journalists are saying this pretty much:

Sneijder would love a move to United, its no secret he supports them behind Ajax pretty much and rates them above RM/Inter...

Morratti does not want to sell him but if a bid of 32-35 million came in he would accept if Sneijder says he wants to go, think the ball is in Sneijder's court right now.

He is currently on 210k a week at Inter,
Italys tax system means he keeps 70 pct of that which is around 150k a week...

Now Englands tax system is 50pct so for United to match his wages they would have to offer him 300k a week at least...

So yeah, there's the problem at the minute in my eyes,
Alot of reports from Dutch journalists and some of his advisors are saying, he will hold talks with MM this week and tell him he wants MUFC move. Think that is set in stone, Inter can just grab Pastore for 30 mill plus Alvarez on loan to replace him and use Pastore/Coutinho midfield going forward...

But yeah, major hurdle is his wages I mean he's not too keen on a paycut despite earning a ton of money...

MUFC offer will probs be 220k a week (110k after tax), but there is a way British clubs find around this and that's image rights/other means of payment to avoid a 50 pct tax so some deal could be worked out for definite.

What I would say is if Sneijder is not at United by the 23rd of July he probably wont be until at least next summer, but I expect movement this week (Probably Thursday/Friday).

And a little line on AC Milan, Silvio is holding AC Milans annual meeting of fans/directors at the club on Tuesday and is going to comment on AC Milan targets and the current market the club is in. I'm expecting a **** of alot of quotes on that, probably comment on Hamsik/Nasri/Fabregas/Anything to be honest.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

If Wengers gone for Downing that means they've probably pulled out of negotiations with Mata, which probably means someone bigger has came into the chase.

Speculation in Spanish papers City/Chelsea are 2 of the clubs talking to Mata's agent, they're playing it out as an auction for the highest bidder to sign the Valencia winger.
Probably why Wenger pulled out to be honest, he normally pulls out when other clubs leak info and the deal becomes public and the price starts to rise...

WOW thats a **** of alot 300k a week but would love to see him at united!

---------- Post added at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:48 AM ----------

would love to see mata in the BP.

Also Tuesday this week Roma are going to announce their new GK, I expect it to be them sealing the deal for Maarten Stekelenburg for around 8.5 million euros. Either him or the next in line, Kameni from Espanyol but I would expect it to be Skelenburg anyway...

Just a bit of news if any Roma/Stekelenburg/Ajax fans are out there.

According to Tuttosport, Manchester City are ready to offer 31 million euros to Napoli to obtain 26 year old forward Ezequiel Lavezzi.

That's coming from a correspondent out of Naples for TS in Italy, trusted reporter I would believe that City will make that offer in the next week as they set themselves for their busy Pre Season schedule...

Wont be finalised until after Copa America I would say if it does go through, but Lavezzis agent wants the move, the player wants the move its just whether De Laurentiis/Mancini can work out a suitable deal for him.

Last edited:
Downing? Yep, Wenger's definitely gone English.

Quality winger.
My only concern with that move is he is a pure LW winger who gets to the byline/deep and crosses the ball in...Not really the Arsenal style of playing, could be Wenger needing a HG player I suppose if they are ditching Bendtner who was one of their HG's I believe last season.

Quality winger.
My only concern with that move is he is a pure LW winger who gets to the byline/deep and crosses the ball in...Not really the Arsenal style of playing, could be Wenger needing a HG player I suppose if they are ditching Bendtner who was one of their HG's I believe last season.
It won't be that, we had 7 HG players last season (Bendtner, Clichy, Song, Mannone, Denilson, Fabregas and Djourou) and still have guys like Wilshere, Gibbs, Walcott, Szczesny we can call on for that.

Well Clichys gone, and if Bendntner/Denilson/Fabregas go...

Plus Mannone will probably go out on loan/be sold with Fabianski number 2 to Szczesny...

Never know, Arsenal have a young squad but if Wenger brings in a couple of over 21 players the HG rule comes into play because he will need to register them above U-21s who are allowed to go unregistered.

According to most people on Twitter, Arsenal are only bidding to get Liverpool to pay more. They know Downing wants to go to Liverpool and apparently personal terms are already agreed between Downing and Liverpool.

Well Comolli has dropped out of the Liverpool tour of Asia (Standard Chartered tour of Asia...), apparently to tie up the Downing deal as priority and a couple of others (Doni should be done by Tuesday, medical booked in for Monday).

Think DMF has the Arsenal interest reasoning spot on, and for gods sake if I had Bastos offered to me for 13 and Downing for 18 I would take Bastos in a heartbeat personally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back