Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
If Arsenal only want to make Liverpool pay more for Downing, does that mean they're considering us a threat for their place or whatever.

Think the Downing bid from AFC might have something to do with Mata...I'm reading from Valencian papers that MCFC/CFC entered the race buy arranging appointments with his agent over the next week. (Mata is on holiday in America until the 15th)

Think AFC might be trying to disrupt LFC's efforts to sign Mata...Only logical reasoning.

What this has done is force Comolli to cancel his plans to go on the Asian Tour with LFC and finalize Downing in particular...

I know for a **** fact Comolli has not said ''yes'' or ''no'' to Lyons proposal of 13 million pounds for MB...He turned them down when they offered AC for like 23 million euros but MB he is still considering...

Very busy week for LFC, Doni/Downing should hopefully be tied up by the end of the week and they have let Mavinga go to Rennes for 1 million...Comolli=Busy man atm.

#transferseverywhereatm

Is there only me that thinks Modric is over-rated? He only has two assists to his name last season.

Very over rated Stu.

Top player no doubt, but typical English press ''golden boy'' at 25 you would sort of expect him to be playing the way he is since he has always had so much potential...

Not entirely sure where half the hype comes from but he is a good player, but not a 40 million+ player.

30 mill is about his value imo.

Stu- Finally got rid of Boyd, gone to live out his retirement partnering Kenny Miller at some Turkish club for around 1.7 million pounds. :D

Yeah, saw that about Boyd, signed for Eskisehirspor. But, the service at Boro for him was awful, and that was proved when he moved to Forest, 6 in 9 games or something? Strachan brought in Celtic/Rangers rejects, and all failed.

As for Modric, there are plenty better playmakers out there IMHO, who would be available for the price quoted for Modric, lower even. Would rather have VDV than Modric. ****, I would take Kranjcar, moving to Spurs ruined him.

Is there only me that thinks Modric is over-rated? He only has two assists to his name last season.

Think he's slightly overrated, but not many better out there. His stats don't tell the full story about him tbh.

He's not a goalscorer, he's more the kind of player to dictate the game. Not so many assists, but he'll play the pass to the man who gets the assist. A lot of key passes go through Modric, hence why he's being touted as Scholes' replacement. Same sort of thing.

Think he's slightly overrated, but not many better out there. His stats don't tell the full story about him tbh.

He's not a goalscorer, he's more the kind of player to dictate the game. Not so many assists, but he'll play the pass to the man who gets the assist. A lot of key passes go through Modric, hence why he's being touted as Scholes' replacement. Same sort of thing.

I understand that, but in his position, I would always take the 'creator' who gets the assists, rather than the 'conductor' who plays the game at a certain tempo/dictates it.

That 1.7 mill we got is just shy of the 2 million a year contract he was on, so we lost about 300k on that little 'Strachan gem'...

Levy asking price for Modric: 45----Upwards of ridiculous money,

Pastore: Would be sold for a bid of around 32 million pounds.

Sanchez: Not a CM but still, they're talking 40 million pounds for him....Modric>Sanchez as an asset?

Sneijder: 33 million pounds.

Hamsik: 31 million pounds.

Moutinho: 22 million pounds.

Montolivo: 14 million pounds.

Kaka: They might not put him up for sale but offer them 40 and he would be yours without a shadow of a doubt

Javi Martinez: 15-18 million pounds

Just a few other options cheaper than what Levy would want for Modric...Crazy PL prices strike again.

And English journos are saying ''If Hendersons worth 20 Modric is worth at least double that''...Crazy.

He's talking about players going from Europe to Russia, not the other way around. If you're already playing in a decent level European league and go to Russia, you won't progress like you would if you went to Spain, Italy, Germany or England.

You can show a specific example, or that all theories and hypotheses?
Can you see the Russian league matches and make conclusions based on them?
If not, it is not quite competent application.

No! Been saying this all the time. I think he's definitely overrated, very good player, but his stats are terrible for a playmaker and I don't think he's what Chelsea need. But if he joins and adds assists to his game then he will be a very good addition.

You can show a specific example, or that all theories and hypotheses?
Can you see the Russian league matches and make conclusions based on them?
If not, it is not quite competent application.

You don't understand our points buddy...

I'm guessing your Russian/RPL fan?

I do watch the RPL games actually on ESPN, catch one a week normally and sometimes the highlights show...Awful quality and the tempo is so poor it makes me think that Serie A is fast paced.

There is quality in the RPL, Tom are quite a decent side but compare leagues/revenue/ownership/the whole package and it doesn't even tough the NPower Championship imo...

The NPower Champ as well I should say gets wayyyyyy more average TV viewers/attendances on a weekly basis...Facts be the facts.

IF Hulk goes there, which I doubt, his career is dead as far as I'm concerned.
Totally subjective opinion. In the style of "*** is boring, I read about it" (c)

Should we take a poll?

If Hulk leaves Porto, Portugese champions, Europa League champions...

And he is a target of half the biggest clubs in Europe...

And if Anzhi come in and pay over the odds for him and he accepts their offer it will clearly be all about the money.

His career would be dead to everyone, because he is in his prime and he will never go down as one of the worlds best by playing out his prime in RUSSIA...

It's not happening anyway this is all hypothetical.

But IF Pastore/Hulk moved to Anzhi it would be allllll about the money and every football fan/football club in Europe would consider their careers dead.

Am I wrong?

Example:
Obafemi Martins had a blossoming career until he moved to Rubin...
Criscitio (Seriously fear his career will die out in Russia at ZSP)

Players who are flops/prospects like Mcgeady/Brazilian players do over there and make careers but there is a huge difference between signing Danny/Bruno Alves (Alves...Ridiculous money and careers on the down slope) and Pastore/Hulk.

Last edited:
Totally subjective opinion. In the style of "*** is boring, I read about it" (c)

Totally worthless post. And going to the Russian Premier League is a step down to all players outside Europe's top 5-6 Leagues. Aiden McGeady has fell of the radar so has Vagner Love who had huge potential!

I think he's overrated too. Maybe getting assists isn't his main role, but still, 2 assists is quite bad for "one of the worlds best playmakers".

Was just going to post that. While there's a few players I would prefer ahead of him I still think he would be a great signing and the way Levy is acting is childish and unfair IMO. If a player wants out - let him go! If you are going to get a nice, big chunk of cash for somebody who doesn't want to play for you anymore then I don't see the problem.

Hardly, Modric signed a contract with the club on a long duration, it would be only his fault if he wasn't going to move. Levy wants Tottenham to be successful, and so wants to keep hold of the best players there, what is childish about that? It would be unfair if Modric didn't put pen to paper, but he did. It's the decision of the Spurs management and Levy, not Modric.

You don't understand our points buddy...

I'm guessing your Russian/RPL fan?

I do watch the RPL games actually on ESPN, catch one a week normally and sometimes the highlights show...Awful quality and the tempo is so poor it makes me think that Serie A is fast paced.

There is quality in the RPL, Tom are quite a decent side but compare leagues/revenue/ownership/the whole package and it doesn't even tough the NPower Championship imo...

The NPower Champ as well I should say gets wayyyyyy more average TV viewers/attendances on a weekly basis...Facts be the facts.

My friend, Football is a sport. Football players are professionals who get paid for our work. What is relevant to their work or attendance at a show on TV? This is important for the fans and clubs, but if the player is paying good money, he must work out their.
About the slow pace in all major league games in Europe in many matches fairly low rate. In Russia, much more dense in the defense of the game, many teams play defensively because of the weakness of the composition. Sometimes it brings success - remember the matches with Barcelona Rubin.
Do not forget two wins European League, and the output CSKA 1 \ 4 final of the Champions League. The Russian league is young but rapidly developing, major advances will not take long to wait. And your argument ridiculous. You laugh of petroleum money, but how happy Roman, forgetting that money and titles, Chelsea is also based on oil.

To be fair Modric's agent can hardly come out now, 1 year after signing a 4 year deal on 40k a week, and say that Modric needs a move away etc...

Hate 'rubbish' agents who are novices like this, his player has a good season and instead of just renegotiating his contract he's blinded by the prospect of the Chelsea move and the biggest agent fee of his life and Modric setup on 120k+ a week contract...

Where's Jorge when you need him?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

My friend, Football is a sport. Football players are professionals who get paid for our work. What is relevant to their work or attendance at a show on TV? This is important for the fans and clubs, but if the player is paying good money, he must work out their.
About the slow pace in all major league games in Europe in many matches fairly low rate. In Russia, much more dense in the defense of the game, many teams play defensively because of the weakness of the composition. Sometimes it brings success - remember the matches with Barcelona Rubin.
Do not forget two wins European League, and the output CSKA 1 \ 4 final of the Champions League. The Russian league is young but rapidly developing, major advances will not take long to wait. And your argument ridiculous. You laugh of petroleum money, but how happy Roman, forgetting that money and titles, Chelsea is also based on oil.

Yeah...RPL is not growing at all.

Its declining, Russian clubs in Europe have done alot poorer than they did 5 years ago so that is a load of BS...

Weather, Racism, TV revenue/Viewers, ATTENDANCES are all taken into account and I have to say there is no plus side to moving to the RPL except money.

Barcelona Rubin was probably due to Barce's huge travel to Russia, tiredness and the weather imo...

The RPL can't even get Russians to watch it so how it expects to get Europeans to watch it is beyond me...

It makes careers out of lost prospects from South America or flops turned/attempt to turn good (i.e Quincy), it's not at any sort of standard worthy of a Hulk/Pastore/Neymar...Dream on. XD

Ukrainian League>RPL.

Am I wrong?
Absolutely. Hulk / Pastore will not be playing in Russia forever. Confirm your level and leave if they want (which is not a fact) in England or Spain. I think in the near future, many players will want to move from Europe to Russia, that would be associated with an increased expense of the reputation of success in European competitions. A pay as is known in Russia and that more should play a key role. And there will be infrastructure and to FM 2018, and fans at the new stadiums will catch up. With this no problems. Imho.

Hardly, Modric signed a contract with the club on a long duration, it would be only his fault if he wasn't going to move. Levy wants Tottenham to be successful, and so wants to keep hold of the best players there, what is childish about that? It would be unfair if Modric didn't put pen to paper, but he did. It's the decision of the Spurs management and Levy, not Modric.

honestly speaking although Levy wants Spurs to be successfull , they dont look like the will qualify for the CL next season tbh so he is being slightly deluded by thinking he can still keep hold of their best players while Chelsea are a club that will probably bee United closest challengers for the title, will probably qualify for the CL next year, can realistically even challenge for the CL title tbh so why not

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back