Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
According to most people on Twitter, Arsenal are only bidding to get Liverpool to pay more. They know Downing wants to go to Liverpool and apparently personal terms are already agreed between Downing and Liverpool.

Isn't that tapping up as Villa haven't accepted bid or gave player permission to talk to clubs?

Isn't that tapping up as Villa haven't accepted bid or gave player permission to talk to clubs?

It's not really tapping up, they've probably got an expectation of what the player wants and have said to the reps that they're willing to pay it.

I'm sure there are formalities to sort out, e.g. length of contract, bonuses etc but they'll know how much he'll want a week.

Well Clichys gone, and if Bendntner/Denilson/Fabregas go...

Plus Mannone will probably go out on loan/be sold with Fabianski number 2 to Szczesny...

Never know, Arsenal have a young squad but if Wenger brings in a couple of over 21 players the HG rule comes into play because he will need to register them above U-21s who are allowed to go unregistered.
We only submitted 20 players in our list last season so we could add under-21 players if needed ;)

@Sunilvk

Yeah...

You would think so.

It's like City/Eto'o and them agreeing personal terms before talking to Inter (But Inter did know they were talking to gave them unofficial, casual permission)...

Tapping up is such a cloudy area at the minute because with the Transfer system as it is now, clubs would rather negotiate unofficially and agree to let players/agents talk to clubs to agree personal terms that way when the offer comes in the club knows it is solid and the deal will be done quicker...

Plus when a transfer offer comes in clubs generally know the likelihood 8/10 is it will become public and they try to avoid scenarios where they have to reject/negotiate publicly for a player only then for the player/agent to not agree terms with the other club and it looks awkward publicly between the club/player...

That's just the way things in Europe are at the minute to be honest,

Clubs tapping up definition: Clubs need the players clubs permission to speak to the player...Says nothing about agents/advisors talking to other clubs...

#flawedsystem

Jimmer
Monopoly on the football does not exist, it is time to figure it out already. Only money and nothing else could help the club climb to a little high.
And the absolute nonsense that Russia players kill his career. I know a lot of positive examples, Zhirkov, Pavlyuchenko, Arshavin, Krasic, Vidic, Olic, Skrtel, Jo, Vagner, Danny, Tymoshchuk, Ivanovich - they all opened up in Russia and moved into the European top clubs. And now you call talent who "ruined his career" here. So in England, hundreds of these players are lost.
Sorry for the English, I used a translator.

Last edited:
Also Tuesday this week Roma are going to announce their new GK, I expect it to be them sealing the deal for Maarten Stekelenburg for around 8.5 million euros. Either him or the next in line, Kameni from Espanyol but I would expect it to be Skelenburg anyway...

Just a bit of news if any Roma/Stekelenburg/Ajax fans are out there.

It's Stekelenburg, for 7.5 million.

Jimmer
Monopoly on the football does not exist, it is time to figure it out already. Only money and nothing else could help the club climb to a little high.
And the absolute nonsense that Russia players kill his career. I know a lot of positive examples, Zhirkov, Pavlyuchenko, Arshavin, Krasic, Vidic, Olic, Skrtel, Jo, Vagner, Danny, Tymoshchuk, Ivanovich - they all opened up in Russia and moved into the European top clubs. And now you call talent who "ruined his career" here. So in England, hundreds of these players are lost.
Sorry for the English, I used a translator.

He's talking about players going from Europe to Russia, not the other way around. If you're already playing in a decent level European league and go to Russia, you won't progress like you would if you went to Spain, Italy, Germany or England.

Sneijder just got back from Greece yesterday (holiday with his wife), and arrived at Milan airport yesterday to meet up for pre season with Inter today/tomorrow, alot of Dutch journalists are saying this pretty much:

Sneijder would love a move to United, its no secret he supports them behind Ajax pretty much and rates them above RM/Inter...

Morratti does not want to sell him but if a bid of 32-35 million came in he would accept if Sneijder says he wants to go, think the ball is in Sneijder's court right now.

He is currently on 210k a week at Inter,
Italys tax system means he keeps 70 pct of that which is around 150k a week...

Now Englands tax system is 50pct so for United to match his wages they would have to offer him 300k a week at least...

So yeah, there's the problem at the minute in my eyes,
Alot of reports from Dutch journalists and some of his advisors are saying, he will hold talks with MM this week and tell him he wants MUFC move. Think that is set in stone, Inter can just grab Pastore for 30 mill plus Alvarez on loan to replace him and use Pastore/Coutinho midfield going forward...

But yeah, major hurdle is his wages I mean he's not too keen on a paycut despite earning a ton of money...

MUFC offer will probs be 220k a week (110k after tax), but there is a way British clubs find around this and that's image rights/other means of payment to avoid a 50 pct tax so some deal could be worked out for definite.

What I would say is if Sneijder is not at United by the 23rd of July he probably wont be until at least next summer, but I expect movement this week (Probably Thursday/Friday).

Apparently Man Utd made a 39 million euro bid and Malaga also bid, but can't remember the fee. The board will meet this week about whether to accept it. Hope they don't but it's looking likely now.

? I said that lol, the deal was done weeks ago but Roma have delayed it. They aren't 100 pct sure he is the guy they want going forward. Anyway he should be unveiled Tuesday like I said. @Zarate, signing from Brazil aside it will kill their career. You mention players who made their name in Russia not top European players signed for 30 mill plus. Terrible attendances, racism, weather, different season, poor standard, no european history worth noting in CL... All funded on oil money, IF Hulk goes there, which I doubt, his career is dead as far as I'm concerned.

? I said that lol, the deal was done weeks ago but Roma have delayed it. They aren't 100 pct sure he is the guy they want going forward. Anyway he should be unveiled Tuesday like I said. @Zarate, signing from Brazil aside it will kill their career. You mention players who made their name in Russia not top European players signed for 30 mill plus. Terrible attendances, racism, weather, different season, poor standard, no european history worth noting in CL... All funded on oil money, IF Hulk goes there, which I doubt, his career is dead as far as I'm concerned.

Mate any word on Everton no.. or are we munching on the grass like other seasons.

Any rumours of Malaga/Sneijder are... Rubbish, he has his money and is desperate for MUFC, Malaga/Anzhi will try for everyone no doubt.

---------- Post added at 01:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:06 PM ----------

Right I'm back on the computer.

DMF: Spot on on what I meant.

Nils: Nothing. Defour race is wide open, everyone is moving on Witsel at the minute it's crazy...

Mavinga is talking personal terms with Rennes after they agreed a 1 mill fee with Liverpool yesterday.

Luka Modric has delivered an explosive interview on Sunday in which he accuses Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy of going back on a gentleman's agreement, before declaring that he still expects to leave the club this summer.

Modric saw a £22 million bid from Chelsea rejected by Spurs, prompting him to head for crisis talks with Levy. The chairman insisted afterwards that Modric would not be allowed to leave White Hart Lane and that the player understood the club's stance.

However, discontent is still palpable surrounding the midfielder schemer, with Rafael van der Vaart revealing his colleague is "disappointed" by the outcome of last week's meeting, while manager Harry Redknapp confessed Modric still wants to leave.

On Sunday Modric finally broke his own silence, claiming Tottenham's chairman "did not care" what he wanted, whilst stating he still hopes to engineer a move to Chelsea before the end of the summer transfer deadline.

Asked what he would do if Spurs refuse to let him leave, Modric was quoted as telling Sportske Novosti: "I haven't thought about it at all because [not letting me go] would definitely not be good for anyone. I have already told the chairman that last summer he said we would find a mutually satisfactory agreement if a club like Chelsea came in.

"I hope that eventually he will understand the situation and that we will reach an agreement and go our separate ways in an appropriate manner."

Elaborating on his meeting with Levy, Modric revealed the Spurs chairman was happy to let the midfielder spend the season rotting in the reserves if he did not honour his long-term contract.

"A lot has been published in the press about the meeting with Levy, who gave the public a twisted account of what happened.

"I must say that I am genuinely disappointed about what Levy said to me. He didn't care about what I was telling him. It all only convinced me further that I was right to consider moving on to another club.

"I reminded the chairman of our gentleman's agreement when we were in Dubrovnik last summer and I agreed a contract extension with Tottenham. At that time, I had an open chat with Levy - that if a bigger club came in with a concrete offer, we would consider it and agree the best solution for all concerned.

"The chairman said, 'Okay, we'll sit and talk [about any offers]'. Now Levy doesn't want to talk to me and said there is no possibility that I can leave Spurs.

"He threatened me - he said if I didn't accept the club's stance, they would make me sit on the bench or in the stands."

Modric also cemented his desire to play for new Chelsea boss Andre Villas-Boas, revealing his mind is already at Stamford Bridge, not Tottenham.

"There is no doubt that Chelsea want me - they sent a concrete offer to Tottenham. I know that the new Chelsea boss said he wants me in his team. Of course I am flattered by this interest in me - it's a club that all players dream of joining, fighting for every competition available.

"It wasn't a snap decision - I talked a long time with my family and people whose opinions I respect. I thought about it, weighed it all up, and finally decided this was the best option."

Just about to post what Sunil posted.. looks like he's going to end up at Chelsea on the last day of the transfer window for £40M.

Seen in one of the papers today that Aiden McGeady is looking to leave Russia. They stated that Everton are considering offering Bilyaletdinov in exchange for McGeady. Strange one.

It also states, Spurs want to open negotiations with Everton over Jack Rodwell although Everton are standing strong on the 20m price tag they've set.

Any rumours of Malaga/Sneijder are... Rubbish, he has his money and is desperate for MUFC, Malaga/Anzhi will try for everyone no doubt.

Agreed. I can't see him moving to Malaga, he wants to move to Man Utd, or at least a PL club because he wants to test himself in one of if the best leagues in the world - if not the best. He's already played in Spain for one of the best teams in the world, so I don't know why he would go back there and play for Malaga, I think he wants a fresh challenge.

I hope Roman+Chelsea doesn't get tunnel vision on him...

For what Levy wants they are better off abandoning the chase and going for an Essien replacement/Pastore or a attacking playmaker CM, seriously Roman back off Modric this is going to make you so tunnel visioned on getting him you will pay a ridiculous amount and will probably miss out on other players that will end up cheaper...

Anyone got Roman's phone number so I can tell him to stop going for Modric?

I don't think Roman will be getting invited to any Levy family Bar Mitzvah in the future that's for **** sure...

Luka Modric has delivered an explosive interview on Sunday in which he accuses Tottenham chairman Daniel Levy of going back on a gentleman's agreement, before declaring that he still expects to leave the club this summer.

Was just going to post that. While there's a few players I would prefer ahead of him I still think he would be a great signing and the way Levy is acting is childish and unfair IMO. If a player wants out - let him go! If you are going to get a nice, big chunk of cash for somebody who doesn't want to play for you anymore then I don't see the problem.

Seen in one of the papers today that Aiden McGeady is looking to leave Russia. They stated that Everton are considering offering Bilyaletdinov in exchange for McGeady. Strange one.

It also states, Spurs want to open negotiations with Everton over Jack Rodwell although Everton are standing strong on the 20m price tag they've set.

I don't like posting my feelings but here is what I think and its not confirmed just my feeling:

AVB LOVES Rodwell, see's him playing CB eventually rather than DM...I know Chelsea are interested and AVB knows all about him, I can see Chelsea making a 15-17 million bid for him this summer. Probably sometime early August-ish, definitely on Chelsea's radar, AVB has plans to turn him into a CB...

Everton would take the money and the GOOD news is, Kenwright has told Moyes that whatever they get from selling players Moyes will get 100 pct of it...At the minute he has 0 so they need to sell Rodwell to be able to re strengthen,

Defour- Would be available for 7 million euros at most, Standard would bite someones hand off at that price. They are looking to move Witsel/Defour on this summer as part of their policy of building players up until they can get the best price...Should have sold them when they werer worth more 2 years ago imo but they are 2 top players...

Malaga are now the Man City of Spain. They are going to spend as much as they can/have to, to climb the league.

I hope Roman+Chelsea doesn't get tunnel vision on him...

For what Levy wants they are better off abandoning the chase and going for an Essien replacement/Pastore or a attacking playmaker CM, seriously Roman back off Modric this is going to make you so tunnel visioned on getting him you will pay a ridiculous amount and will probably miss out on other players that will end up cheaper...

Anyone got Roman's phone number so I can tell him to stop going for Modric?

I don't think Roman will be getting invited to any Levy family Bar Mitzvah in the future that's for **** sure...

I know! Chelsea need to concentrate on Pastore or some wingers. I definitely don't feel Modric is essential and if Chelsea don't make progress with Pastore they could lose out - going off what Zamparini said about that a club needs to bid in the next couple of weeks or else he isn't going anywhere. Which he has probably made up to push a deal through, but still it could mean Chelsea being beaten by another club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back