Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly speaking although Levy wants Spurs to be successfull , they dont look like the will qualify for the CL next season tbh so he is being slightly deluded by thinking he can still keep hold of their best players while Chelsea are a club that will probably bee United closest challengers for the title, will probably qualify for the CL next year, can realistically even challenge for the CL title tbh so why not

He can keep hold of Modric, until that date on the contract if he wants to. It's his decision, if he would rather have Modric than the money being offered, then so be it. It's entirely his decision.

To be fair Modric's agent can hardly come out now, 1 year after signing a 4 year deal on 40k a week, and say that Modric needs a move away etc...

Hate 'rubbish' agents who are novices like this, his player has a good season and instead of just renegotiating his contract he's blinded by the prospect of the Chelsea move and the biggest agent fee of his life and Modric setup on 120k+ a week contract...

Where's Jorge when you need him?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Yeah...RPL is not growing at all.

Its declining, Russian clubs in Europe have done alot poorer than they did 5 years ago so that is a load of BS...

Weather, Racism, TV revenue/Viewers, ATTENDANCES are all taken into account and I have to say there is no plus side to moving to the RPL except money.

Barcelona Rubin was probably due to Barce's huge travel to Russia, tiredness and the weather imo...

The RPL can't even get Russians to watch it so how it expects to get Europeans to watch it is beyond me...

It makes careers out of lost prospects from South America or flops turned/attempt to turn good (i.e Quincy), it's not at any sort of standard worthy of a Hulk/Pastore/Neymar...Dream on. XD

Ukrainian League>RPL.

Absolute trolling post.

Pastore/Hulk are proven.

Moving to the RPL from Serie A/LP is a HUGE step down so that means their career is held back a **** of alot, moving to LL/BPL/BL is a step up for them and facts be the facts those are the sort of leagues that make 'good prospects/players' legendary and that's where players get International reputation not playing for some oil town in Russia in one of the most poorly rated leagues in the world.

I would rather they went to Al-Ahli in the UAE thn the RPL...

RPL/Middle East is where players go to end their careers to earn a nice little retirement kitty.

Carlos is just spitting on his career by continuing to play for Anzhi imo...Different to Giggs/Scholes who ended it at the top, find it distasteful and he is still a legend but he's not exactly leaving good memories when hes storming off after having BANANA'S thrown at him.

P.S Absolute annoyed post.

How can you say the RPL is where those players should go?

Are you mad?

To be fair Modric's agent can hardly come out now, 1 year after signing a 4 year deal on 40k a week, and say that Modric needs a move away etc...

Hate 'rubbish' agents who are novices like this, his player has a good season and instead of just renegotiating his contract he's blinded by the prospect of the Chelsea move and the biggest agent fee of his life and Modric setup on 120k+ a week contract...

Where's Jorge when you need him?

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Yeah...RPL is not growing at all.

Its declining, Russian clubs in Europe have done alot poorer than they did 5 years ago so that is a load of BS...

Weather, Racism, TV revenue/Viewers, ATTENDANCES are all taken into account and I have to say there is no plus side to moving to the RPL except money.

Barcelona Rubin was probably due to Barce's huge travel to Russia, tiredness and the weather imo...

The RPL can't even get Russians to watch it so how it expects to get Europeans to watch it is beyond me...

It makes careers out of lost prospects from South America or flops turned/attempt to turn good (i.e Quincy), it's not at any sort of standard worthy of a Hulk/Pastore/Neymar...Dream on. XD

Ukrainian League>RPL.

The Ukranian league is immense.

Modric is not overrated. Overpriced or Overvalued? Yes. But not at all overrated. His game is not about goals, assists, its about making the team tick, dictating tempo. Xavi had only 7 assists in La Liga and there are many players who had more than him. That doesn't make Xavi any lesser player.

Modric is not overrated. Overpriced or Overvalued? Yes. But not at all overrated. His game is not about goals, assists, its about making the team tick, dictating tempo. Xavi had only 7 assists in La Liga and there are many players who had more than him. That doesn't make Xavi any lesser player.

No, but Xavi had 3½ more assists than Modric aswell. Barcelona is a much better team, yes, but they haven't scored 3½ times more goals than Tottenham.

No, but Xavi had 3½ more assists than Modric aswell. Barcelona is a much better team, yes, but they haven't scored 3½ times more goals than Tottenham.

Modrice racked up the key passes, at 2 per game,he didnt rack up the assists because Spurs front line this season was so poor, cant get assists if the strikers cant finish.

Not over-rated at all, but overpriced because his club dont want to sell. There's a difference

That made no sense at all. He made 5 more assists. Simple as that. No need to complicate the table.

That made no sense at all. He made 5 more assists. Simple as that. No need to complicate the table.

Your comparison with Xavi wasn't the best either seeing as he topped the assist table for the Spanish La Liga in the 2009/10 season.

Your comparison with Xavi wasn't the best either seeing as he topped the assist table for the Spanish La Liga in the 2009/10 season.

So thats the way you interpreted my post? Lol, you should have worked for Sun.

My point was Assists wont show the quality of the player.

Edit: Charlie Adam made 9 assists, Xavi made 7. Now do the math and come up with by how much Adam is better than Xavi (As you interpreted my post in this way)

Last edited:
Hardly, Modric signed a contract with the club on a long duration, it would be only his fault if he wasn't going to move. Levy wants Tottenham to be successful, and so wants to keep hold of the best players there, what is childish about that? It would be unfair if Modric didn't put pen to paper, but he did. It's the decision of the Spurs management and Levy, not Modric.

It's childish and unfair for all the reasons Modric stated in that article. I would go into detail, but I've got to go somewhere, maybe I will if this is still being talked about later.

So thats the way you interpreted my post? Lol, you should have worked for Sun.

My point was Assists wont show the quality of the player.

Fair enough. I just don't see why you mentioned Xavi when sayng assists don't matter for a player who just dictates the tempo when it's obvious Xavi actually gets a lot of assists.

Xavi, Iniesta, Sneidjer, Van Der Vaart, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Diego, Xabi Alonso, Fabregas and many others are, in my opinion, better than Luka Modric when they are on top form.

Modric is a great player, don't get me wrong, but I think he is overrated as Tottenham are a good club and he has had great players to work with.

Gerrard (and Xavi in the past) have had to carry their clubs through 'hard times', but I think Modric is a great playmaker.

I still don't think United/Chelsea should sign him, though, he'll cost too much (due to 'Arry and Levy's determination to keep him) and there are better players around who may sign for the top 2 clubs in the Prem.

How Luka Modric's Contribution Makes him Tottenham's Irreplaceable Asset

How Luka Modric's Contribution Makes him Tottenham's Irreplaceable Asset - WhoScored.com

A whirlwind weekend for Tottenham has seen the talismanic Luka Modric admit he wants a move away from White Hart Lane, which has subsequently been met with blunt rejection from both manager Harry Redknapp and chairman Daniel Levy.

The Croatian was the subject of a £22 million bid from Chelsea – the club he conceded was his preference given both their location and their Champions League status – but the offer was branded as ‘ridiculous’ by Redknapp, and rightly so.

Given the inflated nature of the transfer market, which has valued Liverpool’s latest acquisition, Jordan Henderson, at a reported £20m, the Spurs midfielder’s influence at White Hart Lane makes his price tag astronomical.

Upon arriving from Dinamo Zagreb in 2008, Modric originally was a trequartista, a forward, attacking midfielder who would support the striker high up the pitch. Last season saw his transformation complete as he flourished in his regista role, a deep-lying playmaker who conducts the basis of attacks, rather than spearheads them.

His deeper position on the field has dented both his scoring and assist tally. The Croatian netted just three times in the league, while setting up two goals for his team-mates. His shot- per-game count was also fairly low for a midfielder at just 1.2.

But that is where the statistics cease in proving how little Modric contributes to Tottenham’s attack. Orchestrating the play from his deeper position, the midfielder averaged 2.06 key passes per game, quite a feat when his advanced team-mate, Rafael van der Vaart, registered a marginally higher 2.39. Modric, however, trumped the Dutchman slightly with a pass accuracy rate of 87% to 84%.

The Croatian continues to prove his all-round game statistically, as he averaged six successful long passes per game for Spurs, a count which only Tom Huddlestone bettered.

Modric even outshone the PFA player of the year, Gareth Bale, with a successful dribble count of 2.2, with the Welshman registering a count of 2.1.

Redknapp’s crown jewel also exhibited a willingness and a competence to help Tottenham out defensively, as his 2.5 interceptions per game was bettered only by left-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto, while his average tackle count of 1.9 per match is a respectable statistic for a player who was once entrusted to conjure attacks in the opponents third.

Redknapp has rightly insisted that if Tottenham are to progress and remain in contention of sealing a Champions League place, the club should not be selling their best players. The departure of Modric would hinder any evolvement of a side looking to rub shoulders once more with Europe’s elite.

£22m was never going to lure the Croatian away from White Hart Lane, judging by how Modric influenced Tottenham last term from such a deep role, and the need for Chelsea to sign a player who will force Fernando Torres to shine in attack, we could see the British record transfer fee smashed once again by the Stamford Bridge bankroll.

modricssw.png

How Luka Modric's Contribution Makes him Tottenham's Irreplaceable Asset

How Luka Modric's Contribution Makes him Tottenham's Irreplaceable Asset - WhoScored.com

A whirlwind weekend for Tottenham has seen the talismanic Luka Modric admit he wants a move away from White Hart Lane, which has subsequently been met with blunt rejection from both manager Harry Redknapp and chairman Daniel Levy.

The Croatian was the subject of a £22 million bid from Chelsea – the club he conceded was his preference given both their location and their Champions League status – but the offer was branded as ‘ridiculous’ by Redknapp, and rightly so.

Given the inflated nature of the transfer market, which has valued Liverpool’s latest acquisition, Jordan Henderson, at a reported £20m, the Spurs midfielder’s influence at White Hart Lane makes his price tag astronomical.

Upon arriving from Dinamo Zagreb in 2008, Modric originally was a trequartista, a forward, attacking midfielder who would support the striker high up the pitch. Last season saw his transformation complete as he flourished in his regista role, a deep-lying playmaker who conducts the basis of attacks, rather than spearheads them.

His deeper position on the field has dented both his scoring and assist tally. The Croatian netted just three times in the league, while setting up two goals for his team-mates. His shot- per-game count was also fairly low for a midfielder at just 1.2.

But that is where the statistics cease in proving how little Modric contributes to Tottenham’s attack. Orchestrating the play from his deeper position, the midfielder averaged 2.06 key passes per game, quite a feat when his advanced team-mate, Rafael van der Vaart, registered a marginally higher 2.39. Modric, however, trumped the Dutchman slightly with a pass accuracy rate of 87% to 84%.

The Croatian continues to prove his all-round game statistically, as he averaged six successful long passes per game for Spurs, a count which only Tom Huddlestone bettered.

Modric even outshone the PFA player of the year, Gareth Bale, with a successful dribble count of 2.2, with the Welshman registering a count of 2.1.

Redknapp’s crown jewel also exhibited a willingness and a competence to help Tottenham out defensively, as his 2.5 interceptions per game was bettered only by left-back Benoit Assou-Ekotto, while his average tackle count of 1.9 per match is a respectable statistic for a player who was once entrusted to conjure attacks in the opponents third.

Redknapp has rightly insisted that if Tottenham are to progress and remain in contention of sealing a Champions League place, the club should not be selling their best players. The departure of Modric would hinder any evolvement of a side looking to rub shoulders once more with Europe’s elite.

£22m was never going to lure the Croatian away from White Hart Lane, judging by how Modric influenced Tottenham last term from such a deep role, and the need for Chelsea to sign a player who will force Fernando Torres to shine in attack, we could see the British record transfer fee smashed once again by the Stamford Bridge bankroll.

modricssw.png

If thats the only 2 weakness he had then he would be world class! He's an AM he's not meant to be a good defender! Modric is slow and extremely weak gets bundled of the ball far too easily.

I think I mistyped or what I typed was misinterpreted. Overrated at that price is exactly how I meant. Very few players are truly worth 40m, and you are looking at the top players like Roo, Messi and co who are up in that range and above. Modric is worth, IMHO, 25m. I am not going to argue that he is a great player, but I will use the same site as Mike. to show Newcastle's own midfield signing, who cost us 4.3m this summer -

tkHzo.png

If thats the only 2 weakness he had then he would be world class! He's an AM he's not meant to be a good defender! Modric is slow and extremely weak gets bundled of the ball far too easily.

except he is neither, makes more tackles and interceptions per game than Essien. Playing styles are derived from the stats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back