Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
His low centre of gravity/tenacity make him pretty unique as a DLP midfielder...

But personally, given the choice out of Modric for 40 million+ or Moutinho for 22-24 million I would go with Moutinho.

Taking into account Modric is 25 and coming into his prime his game has developed him into a wonderful DLP who is one of the best ball retainers in the world but he's worth 30 million pounds maximum and Moutinho is the cheaper/more viable/younger option for me...

I think I mistyped or what I typed was misinterpreted. Overrated at that price is exactly how I meant. Very few players are truly worth 40m, and you are looking at the top players like Roo, Messi and co who are up in that range and above. Modric is worth, IMHO, 25m. I am not going to argue that he is a great player, but I will use the same site as Mike. to show Newcastle's own midfield signing, who cost us 4.3m this summer -

tkHzo.png

In that sense i definitely agree, but this window is largely a sellers market, Cabaye was a bargain

I am flabbergasted that Arsenal/Spurs/Maybe even United didn't go for Cabaye.

#seriouslyratehim

In that sense i definitely agree, but this window is largely a sellers market, Cabaye was a bargain

Cabaye is versatile too, can play as DM, CM or AM, and he is a creator. Really looking forward to seeing Cabaye in the EPL. His style of play should fit in perfectly with the pace and power of the Prem.

except he is neither, makes more tackles and interceptions per game than Essien. Playing styles are derived from the stats

Dont get me wrong, he is phenomenal and would fit into almost any team but he aint as good as the hype going around is. There is plenty of cheaper options i would pick over Modric. He doesnt score enough for me.

Id probably have Modric over Moutinho for one reason, Moutinho hasn't proven himself in the top leagues. I remember a certain Juan Veron being regarded as one of the best and he was awful in the Premier League. Although he would be a cheaper and still a fantastic option.

I am flabbergasted that Arsenal/Spurs/Maybe even United didn't go for Cabaye.

#seriouslyratehim

I agree. But, we moved first, and he was happy to sign. Just shows that not every player is motivated by money. His interview was wonderful, and Newcastle are a very highly regarded club in France, so that would weigh in, especially the way the club treated Ben Arfa whilst he was out last season.

Dont get me wrong, he is phenomenal and would fit into almost any team but he aint as good as the hype going around is. There is plenty of cheaper options i would pick over Modric. He doesnt score enough for me.

Id probably have Modric over Moutinho for one reason, Moutinho hasn't proven himself in the top leagues. I remember a certain Juan Veron being regarded as one of the best and he was awful in the Premier League. Although he would be a cheaper and still a fantastic option.

He is as good as the hype, but Spurs dont want to sell, hence putting a ridiculous fee on him

I agree. But, we moved first, and he was happy to sign. Just shows that not every player is motivated by money. His interview was wonderful, and Newcastle are a very highly regarded club in France, so that would weigh in, especially the way the club treated Ben Arfa whilst he was out last season.

Tiote/Cabaye as a partnership?

Big if I know...But if Newcastle get Matuidi and keep Enrique...And Krul steps it up next season...They sign a top goalscoring ST...Then NUFC will be up to the level of Liverpool...I said it. XD

Cabaye/Matuidi/Ben Arfa/Tiote/Marveux/Top ST are a pretty threatening midfield/ST department.

Steven Taylor is one of the best English CBs around, struggled with injury last season but that guy is top class. Him+Collocini+Enrique are a top rate back...3 then you factor in Danny Simpson maybe stepping it up.

Newcastle would mean business...

Tiote/Cabaye as a partnership?

That is the plan. Tiote is the enforcer/protector, whilst Cabaye is the engine, with Ben Arfa in front of them as a 'false nine' type of player. IMHO, could be one of the best central midfields in the league next season.

Sorry, but anyone who thinks Modric is overrated, needs a clip around the ear. He's a marvellous player, and I love watching him. Without him, Spurs wouldn't be able to attempt to make the CL. Fantastic player imo

That is the plan. Tiote is the enforcer/protector, whilst Cabaye is the engine, with Ben Arfa in front of them as a 'false nine' type of player. IMHO, could be one of the best central midfields in the league next season.

Arfa would be a Trequatista, not a false nine, but it would be a strong midfield trio

United still chasing Sneijder, him wanting to join has never been the issue, we were given permission to approach his agent back in april, but wages are a sticking point, any deal will be complex

Fair enough. I just don't see why you mentioned Xavi when sayng assists don't matter for a player who just dictates the tempo when it's obvious Xavi actually gets a lot of assists.

Simple. I just took last season's example.

Big if I know...But if Newcastle get Matuidi and keep Enrique...And Krul steps it up next season...They sign a top goalscoring ST...Then NUFC will be up to the level of Liverpool...I said it. XD

Cabaye/Matuidi/Ben Arfa/Tiote/Marveux/Top ST are a pretty threatening midfield/ST department.

Steven Taylor is one of the best English CBs around, struggled with injury last season but that guy is top class. Him+Collocini+Enrique are a top rate back...3 then you factor in Danny Simpson maybe stepping it up.

Newcastle would mean business...

Finally someone who sees the potential of the team next season. Boro fan too XD.

We do have quality throughout the team. Krul is Holland international now, which will do wonders for his confidence. Jose seems less likely to leave as the summer goes on, and Simpson has been solid all season. Coloccini is 'El Capitan', and with Taylor and Williamson fighting for the 2nd CB position.

Tiote is the destroyer, something I think every team needs. Cabaye is the engine, who will run 90 minutes non-stop, and in front of him, Ben Arfa who will create and carve chances, and cause problems with his feet. Jonas is great to watch, but he lacks the final ball, and Marveaux should be a top winger. Jonas could be better deployed on the right, letting him cut inside and cause problems that way.

Demba Ba is someone I think is being overlooked as a scorer, and maybe someone to compliment his style, like Erdinc, would be better value than a poaching player, which Ba already is.

I would like to see -

Left-Back, whether Jose stays or goes. Niel Taylor is probable, but would prefer M'Bengue.
Central Mid, to give us an option there, which we don't have. Matuidi or Moussa Sissoko.
Right Winger, N'Zogbia. That is all.
Striker, to compliment Ba, such as Erdinc, Hourau

He is as good as the hype, but Spurs dont want to sell, hence putting a ridiculous fee on him

Very debatable. Matter of opinion, he isn't "one of the best midfielders in the world" like he's being labelled.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Finally someone who sees the potential of the team next season. Boro fan too XD.

We do have quality throughout the team. Krul is Holland international now, which will do wonders for his confidence. Jose seems less likely to leave as the summer goes on, and Simpson has been solid all season. Coloccini is 'El Capitan', and with Taylor and Williamson fighting for the 2nd CB position.

Tiote is the destroyer, something I think every team needs. Cabaye is the engine, who will run 90 minutes non-stop, and in front of him, Ben Arfa who will create and carve chances, and cause problems with his feet. Jonas is great to watch, but he lacks the final ball, and Marveaux should be a top winger. Jonas could be better deployed on the right, letting him cut inside and cause problems that way.

Demba Ba is someone I think is being overlooked as a scorer, and maybe someone to compliment his style, like Erdinc, would be better value than a poaching player, which Ba already is.

I would like to see -

Left-Back, whether Jose stays or goes. Niel Taylor is probable, but would prefer M'Bengue.
Central Mid, to give us an option there, which we don't have. Matuidi or Moussa Sissoko.
Right Winger, N'Zogbia. That is all.
Striker, to compliment Ba, such as Erdinc, Hourau

You will be the new Arsenal with a mostly French team with barely any English in it.

Very debatable. Matter of opinion, he isn't "one of the best midfielders in the world" like he's being labelled.

I disagree. For his style, i doubt there are many better.

---------- Post added at 04:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:17 PM ----------

You will be the new Arsenal with a mostly French team with barely any English in it.

We only have three French players.

---------- Post added at 03:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:15 PM ----------

Except he is recognised as world class playmaker,here and abroad. Not as good as Xavi, but still world class, his performances show and the stats back it up

Looking forward to what Newcastle will do. Got a Powerful and intelligent midfield

Except he is recognised as world class playmaker,here and abroad. Not as good as Xavi, but still world class, his performances show and the stats back it up

Looking forward to what Newcastle will do. Got a Powerful and intelligent midfield

It has been shown before stats mean nothing. Example: Mateja Kezman, 78 goals in 86 games for PSV regarded as one of the best finishers of the ball around, moves to Chelsea 7 in 41. Also the stats do Modric no favors, someone earlier mentioned he had just 2 assists. Not exactly the top drawer playmaker if your going by stats.

I think he's great, but I don't think he's world class. Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Sneijder, those are world class.

It has been shown before stats mean nothing. Example: Mateja Kezman, 78 goals in 86 games for PSV, moves to Chelsea 7 in 41. Also the stats do Modric no favors, someone earlier mentioned he had just 2 assists. Not exactly the top drawer playmaker if your going by stats.

Mike meant not end product stats. Stats that tells how many key passes he made, dribbles, passes, tackles, interceptions which says a lot about player..

---------- Post added at 07:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I think he's great, but I don't think he's world class. Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Sneijder, those are world class.

Each has their own defn of world class. And also Sneijder and Modric plays completely different role.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back