Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
It has been shown before stats mean nothing. Example: Mateja Kezman, 78 goals in 86 games for PSV, moves to Chelsea 7 in 41. Also the stats do Modric no favors, someone earlier mentioned he had just 2 assists. Not exactly the top drawer playmaker if your going by stats.

did you read the article? cant get assists if your strikers are not finishing. yet he still averages 62 passes a game, 2.2 key passes a game with 87% accuracy , he was setting them up, they couldnt hit the back of the net.

and way to miss the point with the kezman bit. just shows he was excellent at psv but not at chelsea

did you read the article? cant get assists if your strikers are not finishing. yet he still averages 62 passes a game, 2.2 key passes a game with 87% accuracy , he was setting them up, they couldnt hit the back of the net.

You're right with that statement. Although I would say Pavlyuchenko has an ok goal/shot statistic. Could Asamoah Gyan Solve Tottenham

I think he's great, but I don't think he's world class. Iniesta, Xavi, Fabregas, Sneijder, those are world class.
This is what im getting at. Their are plenty others who are World Class.. Modric is not World Class. Its embarrassing to say that he is.

Well in that case Mikel Arteta is world class. Mikel Arteta - WhoScored.com

Not a fan of Twitter hashtags.

Find them annoyingly arrogant... (A)

To justify my post on the TR thread anyway, Mertesacker-Arsenal speculation has intensified in the past 48 hours...

Heres the jist of it:
http://www.calcionews24.com/werder-brema-larsenal-ripiomba-su-mertesacker.html

Also says Premier League is a 'possibility' teasing/taunting for a move to the BPL, more than likely trying to get Arsenal to sign him...

Top defender but does have an agility problem, lack of mobility is a bit of an issue in the BPL especially.

Last edited:
Pav was the only one who was respectable.

Gyan apparently has said nothing about a move though, its just his agent making noise sadly for Spurs, but he would be a good fit.

But on the note of stats. Look at this, you will be surprised: Premier League Top 10 Key Passers - WhoScored.com

Thomas Hitzlsperger - the passing king. He has 0 successful dribbles though... Malouda is really impressive though.

Sky sources believe a deal for Stewart Downing to sign for Liverpool could be concluded tomorrow. [Sky Sports News]

Sneijder just got back from Greece yesterday (holiday with his wife), and arrived at Milan airport yesterday to meet up for pre season with Inter today/tomorrow, alot of Dutch journalists are saying this pretty much:

Sneijder would love a move to United, its no secret he supports them behind Ajax pretty much and rates them above RM/Inter...

Morratti does not want to sell him but if a bid of 32-35 million came in he would accept if Sneijder says he wants to go, think the ball is in Sneijder's court right now.

He is currently on 210k a week at Inter,
Italys tax system means he keeps 70 pct of that which is around 150k a week...

Now Englands tax system is 50pct so for United to match his wages they would have to offer him 300k a week at least...

Quoting from a few pages back, but where have you got the figure he keeps 70%? The top income bracket is 43%, not 30%. So we'd have to offer him £240k not £300k. Also, surely that's £210k in Euro's? So we'd have probably pay around £220k. Still a lot, but not the ludicrous £300k. ;P

Quoting from a few pages back, but where have you got the figure he keeps 70%? The top income bracket is 43%, not 30%. So we'd have to offer him £240k not £300k. Also, surely that's £210k in Euro's? So we'd have probably pay around £220k. Still a lot, but not the ludicrous £300k. ;P

Different way of getting paid in Italy to England its not the same method so when I say he takes home 70 pct that is about what he gets paid (I think),because he's not Italian basically so some contributions towards the EU/other royalties put on Italian residents doesn't go from his pay cheque.

And his employer pay his taxes for him before it gets into his bank account, the tax system in Italy is alot more 'leaky' than here in England so Sneijder walks home with maybe not 70 pct but more than the face value 57 pct, he just gets alot more than what we all think he gets either way.

United could find a way around it no doubt with image rights or something but Morratti has alot of power in Milan and Sneijder/Inter players who live the Lake Como lifestyle have it very good.

210k pounds translated from his euro of around 242k euros...But either way, if he takes home 140-150k a week in Italy to get that in England from our tax system would be huge. Think image rights/other tricks will probably be used to sort it out because he feels he deserves the same wages at least, his life in Italy is very good for him and his wife but he has always loved Manchester United...I still think it will happen.

Last edited:
Different way of getting paid in Italy to England its not the same method so when I say he takes home 70 pct that is about what he gets paid because he's not Italian basically so some contributions towards the EU/other royalties put on Italian residents doesn't go from his pay cheque.

And his employer pay his taxes for him before it gets into his bank account, the tax system in Italy is alot more 'leaky' than here in England so Sneijder walks home with maybe not 70 pct but more than the face value 57 pct, he just gets alot more than what we all think he gets either way.

United could find a way around it no doubt with image rights or something but Morratti has alot of power in Milan and Sneijder/Inter players who live the Lake Como lifestyle have it very good.

210k pounds translated from his euro of around 226k euros...But either way, if he takes home 140-150k a week in Italy to get that in England from our tax system would be huge. Think image rights/other tricks will probably be used to sort it out because he feels he deserves the same wages at least, his life in Italy is very good for him and his wife but he has always loved Manchester United...I still think it will happen.

Italy's system is ******* retarded then. :)

Still think it'll happen though, especially given other targets now seem unavailable.

As an arsenal fan im going to be honest and say i think downing is totally overrated and i don`t want him at arsenal ,why are we even offering this kind money for him yet were missing out on players we need because there too expensive? it doen`t make sense .
If nasri or fabregas go this will not make up for it at all, im sick of waiting for a good strong bid for a needed that we need like samba/cahill or a good keeper or even a world class striker that isn`t injury prone , then we get this today just what is happening at arsenal we may have 50+ days left to buy but for some reason i think we are all going to be dissapointed come the 1st of september. just imo

As an arsenal fan im going to be honest and say i think downing is totally overrated and i don`t want him at arsenal ,why are we even offering this kind money for him yet were missing out on players we need because there too expensive? it doen`t make sense .
If nasri or fabregas go this will not make up for it at all, im sick of waiting for a good strong bid for a needed that we need like samba/cahill or a good keeper or even a world class striker that isn`t injury prone , then we get this today just what is happening at arsenal we may have 50+ days left to buy but for some reason i think we are all going to be dissapointed come the 1st of september. just imo

Mata > Downing. Just need to offer 4 more million than offered for Downing because he has a 25million Euros release clause. He would be worth it, much better than Downing.

Mata > Downing. Just need to offer 4 more million than offered for Downing because he has a 25million Euros release clause. He would be worth it, much better than Downing.

That clause only applies in Spain, not to foreign clubs

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:34 PM ----------

Think fans need to be mre patient in the market. Just because its not in the news, doesnt mean its not happening

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back