Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt getting lumbered with players they cant get rid off was part of their plan. Garry Cook had no real plan when he went off on one. If they did have a plan from the start they'd be in much much better shape

Yea...but City had to lure players with money to make the next step. if City wouldn't have signed: Lescott, Tevez, Bridge, Bellamy,Ade, Robinho etc...

City wouldn't be in CL now and couldn't have attracted all the other top players they needed to step to the next level.

City are now in the part where these players are not anymore very important. And mancini making his final spending spree to finally get the squad he wants. He knows what kind of players and options he needs.

**** I miss the actual football season so much.

Crazy season is doing my head in.

Man City reject Corinthians' offer for Tevez's transfer - The National

Interesting article rounding up the days quotes/bids/clubs from Duncan Castle,

The Corinthians bid was funded in TV money, it will stand to get around 29 million pounds a year in an new Brazilian TV contract it has in place starting next season. Partly by that and the club president has said in the past hour:
''to sign Carlitos it will cost 20-25 pct of the clubs annual revenue for the next 7 years'' he then went on to say he really wants to make this deal possible for the 'fans'...

Seriously Corinthians?
He was there a year (If that).

Yea...but City had to lure players with money to make the next step. if City wouldn't have signed: Lescott, Tevez, Bridge, Bellamy,Ade, Robinho etc...

City wouldn't be in CL now and couldn't have attracted all the other top players they needed to step to the next level.

City are now in the part where these players are not anymore very important. And mancini making his final spending spree to finally get the squad he wants. He knows what kind of players and options he needs.

Those players were absolutely vital to this season. :P

Only one of those players was really needed to get you into the top 4. Not about the money but the scattergun approach that has left the club with so much work to do

Madridista:
You forget the marquee signings Thaksin made; Jo, Benjani and Bojinov...

Club legends since they were the ones that attracted the likes of Bridge/Bellamy/Given obviously.

Mancini needs to decide what kind of attacking game he wants, rather than "lets get it to tevez" before he can decide on his spearhead

Agree with this. The reason Tevez looks so important because Mancinis approach was sometimes.."give it to tevez and he scores". But many forget that he didn't play well in many games and were was Tevez when City raped United in the semis??? What did Tevez do in the final? Mancini needs to sort his style of football in the pre-season.

City is so much more than Tevez. And Balo and Dzeko are pretty much ready made replacments. Especially now when they have had time to settle. Still wouldnät be suprised if City went for Aguero. Who is a superior player to Tevez IMO.

Agree with this. The reason Tevez looks so important because Mancinis approach was sometimes.."give it to tevez and he scores". But many forget that he didn't play well in many games and were was Tevez when City raped United in the semis??? What did Tevez do in the final? Mancini needs to sort his style of football in the pre-season.

City is so much more than Tevez. And Balo and Dzeko are pretty much ready made replacments. Especially now when they have had time to settle. Still wouldnät be suprised if City went for Aguero. Who is a superior player to Tevez IMO.

He was responsible for over half your points, anyway you cut it thats a huge amount

He was responsible for over half your points, anyway you cut it thats a huge amount

Well...hopefully he wont be next season. But you gotta give the defence alot of credit. And other players such as Yaya Toure and David Silva who helped him become the top scorer alongside Berba.

But still he struggled to get as many goals as Berba. If you look at how much Berba actually sat on the bench towards the end of the season...Tevez was inconistent at times. And should have beaten Berba.

Well...hopefully he wont be next season. But you gotta give the defence alot of credit. And other players such as Yaya Toure and David Silva who helped him become the top scorer alongside Berba.

But still he struggled to get as many goals as Berba. If you look at how much Berba actually sat on the bench towards the end of the season...Tevez was inconistent at times. And should have beaten Berba.

Defensively City were fantastic, but they cant rely just on that this season. Chelsea and United will be much stronger, and i expect Arsenal will be too. And dont count out Liverpool

City are more of a team without Tevez, on and off the pitch, something Mancini should focus on

not the answer i was looking for :(

If it's true, I'll be angry, since we have a truly wonderful forward in Bent backed up by a competent Agbonlahor and a hungry young duo of Weimann and Delfouneso.

Dortmund have pulled out entirely of the race to sign Bendtner and have quashed that with the Press Officer saying ''he does not fit our style/philosophy''...

So it would appear the entire BVB story which I myself fell for to an extent was interest fabricated by Arnesen/Bendntner in his public comments. Napoli/Roma in pole position for him now, outside chance Lazio will come in and a further outside chance Anzhi will come in for him, unbelievable how stories can be made and quashed so quickly. By the way I should say my ''source'' for the Dortmund move...Well Rafa's source about the Dortmund move happening was...BENDTNER HIMSELF! Utter plank. Never ceases to amaze me that boy.

Also twitter news, Federico Macheda said on his twitter account earlier and I quote ''I hope Sneijder signs, would be a pleasure to play with him'', was taken down IMMEDIATELY lmao couple of journos got hold of it and saved the quotes. This was around 4 hours ago, awesome bit of work by Kiko in breaking that story haha.

Arturo Vidal update:

Latest quotes from Argentina make it appear he is bound for a move to Turin:

I have to think about my future and Juve’s offer represents an excellent opportunity.

Your seriously going to turn down huge European clubs WITH European football for Juve?

I mean I :wub: Juventus but come on Arturo be sensible its a step sideways...

Personal twitter update:
Got 5 top sports journalists to Retweet my article on Tevez...
Also had a conversation with a well respected almost hero of mine Gab Marcotti via the twitterverse about the Tevez saga
Can I get a #gojamie? XD

To shed some of the Bendtner blame I'm going to point you to Rafa's twitter page, he fell for the trick of actually believing Bendtner in the first place (Not like hes the subject of the story or anything right?...)
Twitter

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back