Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aguero=Captain Obvious? Or SS=Captain Obvious? Either way...

In all seriousness on Gill, Northern correspondents confirm he was in Zurich today BUT they assume/some know he is in Milan after catching a flight from Zurich airport.

All I know for 100 pct sure is;

1. He's not in my bathroom.
2. He's not in my kitchen.
3. He's not in my bedroom.
4. He's not in my living room.
5. He's not anywhere on my property.
6. He's not in England
7. SSN Breaking News: David Gill is NOT in Zimbabwe.
8. SS Sources understand Gill has been spotted lurking outside Sepp Blatters house with a gagging ball, some rope and some handcuffs..
9. Unconfirmed sighting of Gill walking the Namibian desert
10. Gill could be anywhere...

Twitter movement: #wheresgill ?

In all seriousness people in the know seem to think he has actually boarded a flight to Milan from Zurich some time after the ECA meeting...

Umberto Zapelloni:
''Sneijder will leave to United for 40 million euros, Inter will reinvest and buy Pastore''.

Well connected deputy editor of GDS in Italy well connected in Milan just said that on Italian radio, momentum is building and the pressures on Gill to get that bid from 32-34.5-35.5 million pounds-ish.

345408491.png

AE mockup, brilliant.

Last edited:
Umberto Zapelloni:
''Sneijder will leave to United for 40 million euros, Inter will reinvest and buy Pastore''.

Well connected deputy editor of GDS in Italy well connected in Milan just said that on Italian radio, momentum is building and the pressures on Gill to get that bid from 32-34.5-35.5 million pounds-ish.

Gill, take the hit. he's still cheaper than Modric

Umberto Zapelloni:

Bad news for Chelsea considering both players were reported targets.

Bad for Chelsea considering both players were reported targets.

Makes me very happy if we pull this off, Get a world class player and deny our rivals one world class player, and a potential world class player in Pastore

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

I think modric is 35 mil €

he's generally £35M, and that would still most likely get rejected

Bad for Chelsea considering both players were reported targets.
Roman's got tunnel vision on Modric...

Can just tell how this summer will go, hopefully AVB sorts it all out but Emenalo is a clueless yes man and Roman wants what Roman wants...

Definitely (100 pct guaranteed almost) can see AVB going back to Porto since he knows the exact clauses in players contracts there, that is pretty much a given but it's just about how much 'faith' Roman puts in him buying players because AVB at Porto didn't have 100 pct transfer control he just 'coached/managed on the training/match pitch' sort of thing. Hopefully Aguero is at least pursued because Chelsea>Juve since we have realistic title ambitions and CL football, plus a bigger stadium than Juve if that makes a difference. Lavezzi/Aguero, will go on a limb and say at least one will be playing in the BPL next season..

Makes me very happy if we pull this off, Get a world class player and deny our rivals one world class player, and a potential world class player in Pastore

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

he's generally £35M, and that would still most likely get rejected

Unfortunately yeah... too bad, hoped for him to come to Manchester United...

Roman's got tunnel vision on Modric...

Can just tell how this summer will go, hopefully AVB sorts it all out but Emenalo is a clueless yes man and Roman wants what Roman wants...

Definitely (100 pct guaranteed almost) can see AVB going back to Porto since he knows the exact clauses in players contracts there, that is pretty much a given but it's just about how much 'faith' Roman puts in him buying players because AVB at Porto didn't have 100 pct transfer control he just 'coached/managed on the training/match pitch' sort of thing. Hopefully Aguero is at least pursued because Chelsea>Juve since we have realistic title ambitions and CL football, plus a bigger stadium than Juve if that makes a difference. Lavezzi/Aguero, will go on a limb and say at least one will be playing in the BPL next season..

Lavezzi would be the better signing, would provide genuine width down the right

I don't want to be too pessimistic but when/if Utd get Sneijder they are really pulling away. Rooney Sneijder and Hernandez? Also getting rid of their deadwood..

If Chelsea don't get a creative mid/winger/Aguero I won't be looking forward to going to OT.

I don't want to be too pessimistic but when/if Utd get Sneijder they are really pulling away. Rooney Sneijder and Hernandez? Also getting rid of their deadwood..

If Chelsea don't get a creative mid/winger/Aguero I won't be looking forward to going to OT.

Still early days pal. SAF has said in the past that he wants his squad formed early so that they can gel in pre-season. The fact that you were managerless for so long has slowed your progress, but Roman will spend and Chelsea will be a force regardless. I fully expect you to sign Modric, and he has already adapted to the league, which really gives him an edge over Sneijder.

Utd: Sneijder?
Chelsea: Modric?
Liverpool: Gerrard
City: Silva

we may loose our two key playmakers :'(

Dont be down lol anything can happen. Many of the former world class players Utd have signed in the past most of them have flattered to decieve. Just to throw a few names out.

Veron
Barthez
Stam

Utd for me are a team that make world class players not sign world class players if you get my drift.

Dont be down lol anything can happen. Many of the former world class players Utd have signed in the past most of them have flattered to decieve. Just to throw a few names out.

Veron
Barthez
Stam

Utd for me are a team that make world class players not sign world class players if you get my drift.

Stam? Are you insane? Veron is the only major flop tbh

Veron
Barthez
Stam

Stam? are your serious?, only sold him because of what he wrote in his Autobiography.

Stam? are your serious?, only sold him because of what he wrote in his Autobiography.

Actually not true according to Simon Kuper. You sold him because SAF wrongly analysed the statistics he was given about the amount of tackles he was making/game.

Stats ftmfw

"In August 2001 Manchester United’s manager Alex Ferguson suddenly sold his defender Jaap Stam to Lazio Roma. The move surprised everyone. Some thought Ferguson was punishing the Dutchman for a silly autobiography he had just published. In truth, although Ferguson didn’t say this publicly, the sale was prompted partly by match data. Studying the numbers, Ferguson had spotted that Stam was tackling less often than before. He presumed the defender, then 29, was declining. So he sold him...

As Ferguson later admitted, this was a mistake. Like many football men in the early days of match data, the manager had studied the wrong numbers. Stam wasn’t in decline at all: he would go on to have several excellent years in Italy. Still, the sale was a milestone in football history: a transfer driven largely by stats."

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/rest/76731-football-revolution-use-statistics-football.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back