Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you like but both came as world class players and left as players who didnt hit the hights that was expected of them simple as that.

No... Stam was already a quality player at Utd. SAF sold him because he thought he was no longer a WC player and was declining with age. His mistake was selling him, not buying him.

Barthez had his moments..

I don't think Barthez was a flop either... Sure he had his bad moments, but he also had his moments of brilliance...

Yeah that's what I mean. Barthez wasn't a flop, nor was he a major success.

No... Stam was already a quality player at Utd. SAF sold him because he thought he was no longer a WC player and was declining with age. His mistake was selling him, not buying him.

Barthez had his moments..

I watched an interview with Stam not too long ago where he described his regret for the autobiography and the fact that he had tried to contact SAF to apologise without success. There was clearly something in it, and SAF may have been proven right to sell him because it has given him and the club a stronger reputation. No one is bigger than the manager or the club, and the respect for both runs through the squad more so than at any other club imo. Stam wasn't world class when we bought him, but he was a quality player while we had him.

Lol'age at anyone thinking Jaap Stam was a flop. Only thing wrong with the "big Dutch man" was that we didn't sign him a lot earlier in his career.

Apparently:

Downing medical at 'Pool tomorrow...

Anyone name me another player linked with City to replace Tevez other than;
Aguero, Eto'o, Higuain and Cavani...

Thanks in advance!

Also, fee for Downing is reportedly £18.5M.

Been hearing for the last two days from @Fourth_Official that the fee is £18.5M. He called that the bid had been accepted and that Downing would have medical on Thurs or Friday.

Seems he was correct.

Rangers war chest is about to hit full flow with the signing of Espanyol B's Raul Rodriguez imminent for 200k.

Ooh, have I missed the Downing news? Fill me in. Unless it's lower than £17 mil, in which case don't fill me in.

Ooh, have I missed the Downing news? Fill me in. Unless it's lower than £17 mil, in which case don't fill me in.

Downing. Liverpool. Bid. About £20m. Accepted. Medical tomorrow. Villa screwed.

Downing. Liverpool. Bid. About £20m. Accepted. Medical tomorrow. Villa screwed.

Lol what? Hardly screwed with a wuvly £20 mil. I've said all along, that's the price I've wanted, but not expected. Now it's come to pass I'm pretty happy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back