• Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Hi Alex, who do you want to sign?"

"Nicklas Bendtner, Wayne Bridge and Sebastian Squillaci."

"You're fired."

"How about Shay Given?"

"I think Brad Jones would be more suitable".

images

That was coming. Can see immediate rejecting of request. Then it'll start getting even messier

I said a few days ago this would happen. I expect Levy to reject it and get back to training

I said a few days ago this would happen. I expect Levy to reject it and get back to training

My thoughts exactly, and too right. Never expected Modric to be this open about the whole thing - being a right **** about it. I'm sure Levy would be more inclined to let him go at the right price if he didn't go public every other day. Not good for the team and the dressing room but IMO Levy is dealing with this well so far.

Pretty much. Wonder if this will affect the rest of the squad-they may see him in a different light. Think going to the press was a bad idea. Didn't think he would do that sort of thing. Except now the club have an unhappy player. Hopefully he'll just get his head down and continue to work hard. Always thought he was a player who was quiet and just got on with his job, as demonstrated by his great play on the field and general demeanour.

Pretty much. Wonder if this will affect the rest of the squad-they may see him in a different light. Think going to the press was a bad idea. Didn't think he would do that sort of thing. Except now the club have an unhappy player. Hopefully he'll just get his head down and continue to work hard. Always thought he was a player who was quiet and just got on with his job, as demonstrated by his great play on the field and general demeanour.

Me too. Disappointing tbh.

To Ajt09 and Joss.

Modric has handled it very badly, Levy was stung by Berbatov's departure and would not want to be out done publicly, and any chance Modric would have had to leave needed to be taken privately. Also Modric and his agent screwed up by signing the contract last may, he has known before then that top teams wanted him. Why not put an escape clause in? Once you sign a 6 year contract, you hand the advantage in the fight to Levy

To Ajt09 and Joss.

Modric has handled it very badly, Levy was stung by Berbatov's departure and would not want to be out done publicly, and any chance Modric would have had to leave needed to be taken privately. Also Modric and his agent screwed up by signing the contract last may, he has known before then that top teams wanted him. Why not put an escape clause in? Once you sign a 6 year contract, you hand the advantage in the fight to Levy

Pretty much bang on. Lots of Spurs fans got in touch with Talksport over this, and blamed Levy over this. But they haven't looked into the points you mentioned, they had to have it explained more. Think it would've been different with a better agent maybe?

Pretty much bang on. Lots of Spurs fans got in touch with Talksport over this, and blamed Levy over this. But they haven't looked into the points you mentioned, they had to have it explained more. Think it would've been different with a better agent maybe?

A better agent would have said: Release clause or we don't sign. Could have had one put in for say 38M. Modric and Spurs win.

Meanwhile, one of Porto’s key negotiators will arrive in London today to discuss the possibility of Pereira, who can play as a left-back or left-midfielder, being sold. Porto have already lined up a replacement, appearing to have signed Alex Sandro, from Santos, for £8.3 million.

Anyone know this guy?

Meanwhile, one of Porto’s key negotiators will arrive in London today to discuss the possibility of Pereira, who can play as a left-back or left-midfielder, being sold. Porto have already lined up a replacement, appearing to have signed Alex Sandro, from Santos, for £8.3 million.

Anyone know this guy?

Alvaro Pereira? Decent left-back. Very competent all-round.

Perreira...

Last time from me before I put my head down for the night;

Versatile LB, can play RB... Solid full back, can see the team they are talking to being THFC over CFC but then again they have ekotto...

Squad player LB at Chelsea?
Possibility, he's a decent LB who can get up and down... Would prefer Fucile, he's more comfortable RB/LB but both are solid enough full backs.

If he can play RB then it's a good buy but it's all rumours as usual.

agreed. Hope Kranjcar leaves that place... The guy has spent too much time on the bench... Maybe Aston Villa would need a creative mf like Kranjcar?

They're too busy wasting their budget on Bendtner to bother with an actually good player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back