Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
someone posted this is fb: Scott Parker's proposed loan to Chelsea seems to suit all parties - both clubs and the player - as long as #CFC willing to pay £4.5m fee. - via Matt_Barlow_DM Matt Barlow

Is 4.5 mil really worth it for a one season loan for Parker???

Not really, but when you're Abramovic you can throw cash around like that.

And better than signing him fo £10 million only to sell him on for less than half of that 2 years later.

Canales is more likely to go on loan somewhere TBH, Mourinho rates him. but Lewis Holtby is a decent shout.

Your 'joke'=fail

Except it aint my joke. If you had of paid more attention you would have noticed i also highlighted "The Guardian".

Holtby would be quality though!

Last edited:
In short SAF utterly downplays it (no change there, pretty much the standard on most transfers) and then two conflicting reads on his quotes: No one is 100 % sure whats going on

He has been known to....how to put this politely......misdirect ? the press in times gone by as to what his intentions are. If he says he's not going to sign any more players, I always expect him to make a £25m signing within days. It's all mind games - at which, without doubt, he is the master. I rather prefer Kenny's approach - confirm nothing, deny nothing & states that he'll anounce something when he has something to announce.

He has been known to....how to put this politely......misdirect ? the press in times gone by as to what his intentions are. If he says he's not going to sign any more players, I always expect him to make a £25m signing within days. It's all mind games - at which, without doubt, he is the master. I rather prefer Kenny's approach - confirm nothing, deny nothing & states that he'll anounce something when he has something to announce.

But by denying interest, it may help to reduce the interest from other teams as well as lower the demands from the selling team - if they really want to sell (which I think Inter may have to), they're more likely to offer the player and negotiations can start at a more realistic price

Jerome Boateng joins Bayern from Man City Jerome Boateng joins Bayern from Manchester City - Soccer - SI.com

---------- Post added at 03:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:42 PM ----------

But by denying interest, it may help to reduce the interest from other teams as well as lower the demands from the selling team - if they really want to sell (which I think Inter may have to), they're more likely to offer the player and negotiations can start at a more realistic price

Why would Utd pulling out reduce interest from others? Wouldn't it make them even more determined to sign him? Someone else becomes the front-runners if he's going to leave.

Stewart Downing will wear the #19 shirt when he joins Liverpool..
Is there a current #19? If not, who was the last?

EDIT: Just realised nobody has it, and Babel had it last.

On the Fergie comments- He said the exactly same thing when news broke about De Gea...

Wenger press conference in China- Got a standing ovation upon arrival and 3 Chinese reporters said they 'worshipped' him, no tough questions to answer really, only a few British/American journo's there.

Don't post up the Higuain to LFC story as well, utter BS by a website that's may as well be Goal but AS in Spain have ran with it and its getting attention...

Higuain to LFC= Someone, somewhere is dreaming...And he probably speaks Scouse.

Mourinho on Higuain/Benzema-''fantastic players but we want to bring in someone new in that department and obviously selling one of them will help us in the coming years and help the player''.

Looks like at least one of them is out the door this summer anyway...

Why would Utd pulling out reduce interest from others? Wouldn't it make them even more determined to sign him? Someone else becomes the front-runners if he's going to leave.

Other clubs wouldn't necessarily feel the need to hurriedly persue him. Look at the Jones scenario, United found out about the potential deal with Liverpool and hijacked the transfer. I know it's a little different with Sneijder because if he was a target, he'd be the top target for any club going in for him, but saying a deal is dead surely has the benefit of lowering demands of both the player and selling club?

On the Fergie comments- He said the exactly same thing when news broke about De Gea...

Wenger press conference in China- Got a standing ovation upon arrival and 3 Chinese reporters said they 'worshipped' him, no tough questions to answer really, only a few British/American journo's there.

Don't post up the Higuain to LFC story as well, utter BS by a website that's may as well be Goal but AS in Spain have ran with it and its getting attention...

Higuain to LFC= Someone, somewhere is dreaming...And he probably speaks Scouse.

Mourinho on Higuain/Benzema-''fantastic players but we want to bring in someone new in that department and obviously selling one of them will help us in the coming years and help the player''.

Looks like at least one of them is out the door this summer anyway...

There's no chance he will be going to Liverpool, they dont need him and i doubt he would play for a team not in a European competition. But, i heard the PResident doesn't like him and they are trying to ship him off.

Higuain is absolute quality, I'd certainly take him at United if we could offload Berbatov. I'd like to see him at Spurs, but it's unlikely that he'll leave for a team without CL football

Higuain is absolute quality, I'd certainly take him at United if we could offload Berbatov. I'd like to see him at Spurs, but it's unlikely that he'll leave for a team without CL football

One of the best finishers in the game and the Madrid president dislikes him. Their was always paper talk United we're going to move for him because of this, but cant see it with Fergie saying that its going to be tough selection this season with United having 5 or 6 strikers at the club wanting to play. Although if Madrid sign Aguero i can see Higuain leaving.

One of the best finishers in the game and the Madrid president dislikes him. Their was always paper talk United we're going to move for him because of this, but cant see it with Fergie saying that its going to be tough selection this season with United having 5 or 6 strikers at the club wanting to play. Although if Madrid sign Aguero i can see Higuain leaving.

Only chance is if Berbatov left, and i dont see that happening

Only chance is if Berbatov left, and i dont see that happening

Even then I think it would be unlikely. Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck, Macheda, Owen + Diouf(if he stays) and Young(who cna play the Rooney role). We have more than enough forwards. I'd like to see Macheda have a decent loan spell at Everton though this season

Even then I think it would be unlikely. Rooney, Hernandez, Welbeck, Macheda, Owen + Diouf(if he stays) and Young(who cna play the Rooney role). We have more than enough forwards. I'd like to see Macheda have a decent loan spell at Everton though this season

I think we would welcome him with open arms! We're in the market for a striker and he had a good game v New England finishing 2 goals well.

I'd think he'd want a quality 3rd striker, but its a really a no brainer

10-15m abroad, but i'd rather keep him tbh

Ive always said it, Berbatov is one of the most intelligent strikers. His touch and technique is at the top of the game!

This is something i will never forget!
[video=youtube;xxJ9wdXXbwY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxJ9wdXXbwY[/video]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back