Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 611K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen, just because you won the Prem doesn't mean you're invincible. Every team needs to be shored up somewhere. Mike has quite rightly identified creative midfield as the area most needed to be strengthened and has pointed out that Ferguson is working towards that end. No need to be a **** about disagreeing.

And that doesnt even consider the fact that SAF's next personal challenge is Barcelona over the next 3 years

Listen, just because you won the Prem doesn't mean you're invincible. Every team needs to be shored up somewhere. Mike has quite rightly identified creative midfield as the area most needed to be strengthened and has pointed out that Ferguson is working towards that end. No need to be a **** about disagreeing.

I didn't win the Prem unfortunately :(

Surprisingly I don't actually play for them, nor do I support them.

And if you read my original post I never agreed nor disagreed that United need strenghting in that or any other departments.

I said if Fergie believes an area needed strengthening and wants a player he'll get them, but everyone was saying this exact same thing last season and looked what happened.

I guess I'm too grounded for this thread, sorry I'll leave, you can all get back to playing journalist and dreaming about your £40 million pound signings that United so desperately need.

I didn't win the Prem unfortunately :(

Surprisingly I don't actually play for them, nor do I support them.

And if you read my original post I never agreed nor disagreed that United need strenghting in that or any other departments.

I said if Fergie believes an area needed strengthening and wants a player he'll get them, but everyone was saying this exact same thing last season and looked what happened.

I guess I'm too grounded for this thread, sorry I'll leave, you can all get back to playing journalist and dreaming about your £40 million pound signings that United so desperately need.

If you have nothing to really contribute, then leave. Its a rumour thread.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:12 PM ----------

People talk about what may or may not happen, and try and find info on it because they actually care who may come to their club

would you not stand a better chance of staying up if he stayed?

Don't think so tbh.. Last season with Taraabt, their tactic was literally give the ball to Taraabt and give him an option to do something. That may work in the Championship, but it certainly won't work in the Premier League.

They need to be more of a team and if he's not in the team - although he may be their best player, imagine how much they can strengthen their side with €17M (-40%) and build a stronger team. First and foremost in my opinion, they need a proper striker. They haven't got a goalscorer in their side. Taraabt was involved in the majority of goals last season, but he's not going to be that prolific all the time anyway so they need to get someone who can score goals. In my opinion, DJ Campbell is the best target for them. Suits their play and is (fairly) proven at Premier League level.

Hope they do strengthen and stay up as I do really like them as a team. YOUUUUU R'ssssssss!

Exceot one obstacle, we have no transfer funds.

And I don't even think a Tarrabt fee will go to that tbh...

Did my Italian exclusive come off?

Get in.

Fourth Official guy, not sure where his sources are from but I don't really have any 'sources' I just read Italian news wires XD

Egg free face for the day me thinks...

Fergie - Forget about Sneijder | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

I don't think there's any chance of movement on this by wednesday so maybe a nice bit of virtual egg on face on wednesday ;)?

Seriously though, SAF can't think the central midfield is good enough to go into the season. i do think Anderson will be given a chance next season as our creative force.

Jamie, any thoughts on Lass Diarra potentially moving to United?, i did hear he was available for around £10m and with real signing Sahin could be possible?, heard he has been quoted as saying he would only leave to join united.

We were linked with him a few months back but nothing seems to have come of it. I think he'd be great in our midfield sitting breaking up attacks very similar to makelele only he is a bit more creative and mobile of course.

Fergie might be having doubts with the Sneijder deal due to the fee, wage demands and that the player's best position is the 'rooney' role and maybe he's thinking he would not fit in the same side as Rooney?

Fergie - Forget about Sneijder | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

I don't think there's any chance of movement on this by wednesday so maybe a nice bit of virtual egg on face on wednesday ;)?

Seriously though, SAF can't think the central midfield is good enough to go into the season. i do think Anderson will be given a chance next season as our creative force.

Jamie, any thoughts on Lass Diarra potentially moving to United?, i did hear he was available for around £10m and with real signing Sahin could be possible?, heard he has been quoted as saying he would only leave to join united.

We were linked with him a few months back but nothing seems to have come of it. I think he'd be great in our midfield sitting breaking up attacks very similar to makelele only he is a bit more creative and mobile of course.

Fergie might be having doubts with the Sneijder deal due to the fee, wage demands and that the player's best position is the 'rooney' role and maybe he's thinking he would not fit in the same side as Rooney?

I will ignore the United-Sneijder story because...Well because it's frighteningly frequent at coming up behind me and often biting me in the *rse the second I make a prediction.

Lassana story...I shall address ;)

Real Madrid have a list of players they want (not have/will) to sell, that list includes Gago/Diarra for that I am 100 pct certain, Albiol/Higuain are more they ''will'' sell and Kaka is plausible if a big offer came in. If United put in a bid for Diarra of around 13-16 million euros it will probably get accepted, whether they will or not is up to United.

Juve had wanted Diarra to replace Melo who Conte wants rid of ASAP but they were put off by the price and actually are seriously keen on Vidal who imo they look to have tied up (somehow, would be perfect for MUFC).

Melo-United probably will not happen because of his temperament but the guy is a tank and at 10 million euros or less could be a steal, wondering if Arsenal would/could go back in for him...

At this minute I would say Lassana is more likely than Vidal, curve ball into the mix could be a United move for Ever Banega who has been told he can leave Valencia for 13 million euros and at an even bigger stretch if you fancy a real outside bet I would put some money down on Gargano/Annan.

Annan would be ideal but since Prem big boys let him go to Germany he's fell by the side a bit, would love him at United.

Last edited:
I will ignore the United-Sneijder story because...Well because it's frighteningly frequent at coming up behind me and often biting me in the *rse the second I make a prediction.

Lassana story...I shall address ;)

Real Madrid have a list of players they want (not have/will) to sell, that list includes Gago/Diarra for that I am 100 pct certain, Albiol/Higuain are more they ''will'' sell and Kaka is plausible if a big offer came in. If United put in a bid for Diarra of around 13-16 million euros it will probably get accepted, whether they will or not is up to United.

Juve had wanted Diarra to replace Melo who Conte wants rid of ASAP but they were put off by the price and actually are seriously keen on Vidal who imo they look to have tied up (somehow, would be perfect for MUFC).

Melo-United probably will not happen because of his temperament but the guy is a tank and at 10 million euros or less could be a steal, wondering if Arsenal would/could go back in for him...

At this minute I would say Lassana is more likely than Vidal, curve ball into the mix could be a United move for Ever Banega who has been told he can leave Valencia for 13 million euros and at an even bigger stretch if you fancy a real outside bet I would put some money down on Gargano/Annan.

Annan would be ideal but since Prem big boys let him go to Germany he's fell by the side a bit, would love him at United.

Ironically, I love just about every player you mentioned.

Diarra/Vidal/Banega/Gargano/Annan <3

Banega for 13??????!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! I really rate him after watching him in the Copa.

Banega for 13??????!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?! I really rate him after watching him in the Copa.

He's not worth much more than that and you can't really properly rate him if you've only watched him at the Copa America. Besides, Valencia don't seem very reluctant to sell.

He's not worth much more than that and you can't really properly rate him if you've only watched him at the Copa America. Besides, Valencia don't seem very reluctant to sell.
I've seen him play before so I can base an opinion but I mentioned the Copa as its the most recent thing I've seen him play in..

Banega is out the door at Valencia they are just looking for a buyer,

So to clarify 3 players who are available for 13 million euros and less that I believe any top 6 club in the BPL should buy:

Diego
Lucho Gonzalez
Banega

Some bargains out there this summer, wonder if 'arry will bring anyone in...

Other news before I put my head down for the night:
PSG have confirmed their interest to the parisien press about signing Wilson Palacios who they would probably pay 13-18 million euros for after the Taarabt precedent.

Cissokho OR Vargas will be at Liverpool next season (No timeline, more likely Cissokho but Vargas is available and out the door at Fiorentina)

Bastos' agent is in England, was interviewed IN England today by Brazilian TV claiming his client will not be at Lyon next season as the club did not want him, no comment on which clubs he was talking to.

Erm, that's all folks except as expected Montolivo will probably end up an AC Milan player by 26.7.11 on my timeline

Night,

Banega is out the door at Valencia they are just looking for a buyer,

So to clarify 3 players who are available for 13 million euros and less that I believe any top 6 club in the BPL should buy:

Diego
Lucho Gonzalez
Banega

Some bargains out there this summer, wonder if 'arry will bring anyone in...

Other news before I put my head down for the night:
PSG have confirmed their interest to the parisien press about signing Wilson Palacios who they would probably pay 13-18 million euros for after the Taarabt precedent.

Cissokho OR Vargas will be at Liverpool next season (No timeline, more likely Cissokho but Vargas is available and out the door at Fiorentina)

Bastos' agent is in England, was interviewed IN England today by Brazilian TV claiming his client will not be at Lyon next season as the club did not want him, no comment on which clubs he was talking to.

Erm, that's all folks except as expected Montolivo will probably end up an AC Milan player by 26.7.11 on my timeline

Night,

If Redknapp has any sense, he'll start lining up Banega as a potential replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back