Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 611K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just sat watching Uruguay game/typing like a madman, and noticed this crop up from a football website in America who put the source to a website called 'football corner', anyway I copy and pasted the article so we can all laugh in 48 hours time collectively at this guy who wrote this little beauty,

''Football Corner can this evening confirm that Samir Nasri has agreed a deal to join Manchester City.
Nasri, 24, has been strongly linked with a move away from Arsenal in recent weeks with several Premier League sides, including the two Manchester clubs, reportedly interested.
However, Arsene Wenger has continued to deny speculation that the French international would be leaving the Emirates, but after all of his claims, it would appear Wenger has lost one of his most prized assets.
City boss Roberto Mancini confirmed earlier this month that he was keen to bring Nasri to the Etihad Stadium and with the player’s contract at Arsenal due to expire in 12 months, it seems officials at Eastlands have finally convinced Arsenal to sell.
The fee is believed to be £21 million and Nasri will be unveileved as a City player in the next 48 hours.''

48 hours, tick tock football corner...

On my egg-on-face-potential moment tomorrow; Alexis Sanchez-I said Wednesday/Tuesday for Jeffren/Bojan/Sanchez to go through, think Jeffren will be delayed since there is 3 clubs in for him. Bojan went through, and Sanchez is probably going to go through tomorrow and will 100 pct definite be through by Friday evening.

Anyone heard of FootballCorner before?

New one to me.

Last edited:
Maybe Sneijder is on his way out then.. Unless I've missed something XD

Moratti:
Tutti mi chiedono se resterà e me lo chiedo anch'io. Speriamo di sì.

Everybody asks me if he (Sneijder) stays. And I ask me the same. I hope he stays.

Moratti saying he hopes.. Looks like something is going on..

BelgoFoot John Chapman

Milan Jovanovic reportedly about to sign on free transfer to Anderlecht from #lfc for 100,000 euros per month. highest salary in Belgium.

Just sat watching Uruguay game/typing like a madman, and noticed this crop up from a football website in America who put the source to a website called 'football corner', anyway I copy and pasted the article so we can all laugh in 48 hours time collectively at this guy who wrote this little beauty,

''Football Corner can this evening confirm that Samir Nasri has agreed a deal to join Manchester City.
Nasri, 24, has been strongly linked with a move away from Arsenal in recent weeks with several Premier League sides, including the two Manchester clubs, reportedly interested.
However, Arsene Wenger has continued to deny speculation that the French international would be leaving the Emirates, but after all of his claims, it would appear Wenger has lost one of his most prized assets.
City boss Roberto Mancini confirmed earlier this month that he was keen to bring Nasri to the Etihad Stadium and with the player’s contract at Arsenal due to expire in 12 months, it seems officials at Eastlands have finally convinced Arsenal to sell.
The fee is believed to be £21 million and Nasri will be unveileved as a City player in the next 48 hours.''

48 hours, tick tock football corner...

On my egg-on-face-potential moment tomorrow; Alexis Sanchez-I said Wednesday/Tuesday for Jeffren/Bojan/Sanchez to go through, think Jeffren will be delayed since there is 3 clubs in for him. Bojan went through, and Sanchez is probably going to go through tomorrow and will 100 pct definite be through by Friday evening.

Anyone heard of FootballCorner before?

New one to me.

It would be quite funny if it went through in 48 hours :P!

If Inter have bid that amount for Pastore then Sneijder is on his way out. They cant afford both.

Oh fuckkkk...

Vidal to Juve will be done or already done. 12 Million Euros and Sissoko maybe part of the deal. Signed 5 year contract..

WTF are Man City playing at? £40m is a great bid for a want-away player (who is not only unhappy, but is upsetting the rest of the team and the morale in the dressing room) - especially since he'd be going back to S. America rather than a European rival.

£40m down the drain. No one else is going to pay that at the moment it seems.

According to footybunker.com (XD)

Arsenal are in advanced talks to sign Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery.

According to footybunker.com (XD)

Arsenal are in advanced talks to sign Bayern Munich winger Franck Ribery.

Unlikely, although I knew about this 'rumour' several months ago -- according to what I see as a reliable source, we made a bid for him of £20m+ in order to discuss personal terms (I don't know whether we had a bid accepted, or whether we just had permission to talk to him but anyway...) The deal fell through when Ribery wanted in excess of about £150k/week and we weren't willing to break our wage budget in that way.

Don't know how genuine our interest was, mind. What I understood of it was that we wanted to see if he would take a wage-cut, and in order to do that, we had to make a bid.

Doubt we're going back for him tbh.

EDIT: Source is basically his agent, same as Nasri - Miglaccio or something, but via @mantralux

Last edited:
Mirko Vucinic is apparently in talks with Spurs and Juventus.
Bojan will complete his move to Roma today.
Jeffren is in talks with Bolton, Sevilla and another club - Sevilla looks most likely even though Bolton are offering Barcelona more money.

Mirko Vucinic is apparently in talks with Spurs and Juventus.
Bojan will complete his move to Roma today.
Jeffren is in talks with Bolton, Sevilla and another club - Sevilla looks most likely even though Bolton are offering Barcelona more money.

I thought Spurs had to sell to buy? Even so, i dont see Vucinic being the answer to Spurs' problems.

Aguero will be at MCFC by next Monday, Vidal deal not quite as tied us as you would think...

Sissoko not involved in that as it stands, he is in discussions with PSG/Lille in France so I doubt they have him involved in so many deals going on at the same time.

Bojan will be announced on the Roma website sometime today, probably around 2300 GMT.

Jeffren is more complicated, Boltons late attempt to hijack his move to Sevilla is causing problems and now Valencia are in for him that could be held up for a period.

Sebastien Coates club Nacional has received 3 bids from Premier League clubs, no notes on who exactly they are but from those who have scouted him I would presume it's at least one of LFC/AFC/MCFC.

Italian media reporting the Vidal deal as tied up, info is 12m euros with an extra 3 million in add ons and 3 million euros a year 5 year contract. I don't think it's quite as tied up, just like Juve let Rossi/Aguero slip I think this one could be hijacked as well. German media are just insistent that Chelsea are hovering and considering a 15m bid for him.

Vargas is about to heat up, he will leave Fiorentina and everyone is interested in him from Liverpool to Juventus. Juventus offered Martinez for him in a p/e deal but Fiorentina turned it down, they want either cash or in Juventus' case they want Bonucci.

You said Sneijder would be at United by today, so hopefully you've jinxed City's swoop for Aguero now |)

Ah, I think I said significant developments on Sneijder today and deal be done by the 24th ^^)

I'm pretty sure there is a twist to come today on Sneijder, was quiet yesterday and Moratti publicly confessed it's the fee that's the sticking point. Don't get why MUFC wont just put in the extra 5m to smooth it over. Nike's partnership with Sneijder+MUFC will be worth so much extra revenue a year it's actually unprecedented since Beckham and Adidas with RM.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blackburn or Bolton were two of the teams bidding for Coates. Blackburn lost Phil Jones and could lose Samba, while Bolton could lose Cahill, too. And if we were to lose Jags I wouldn't mind a cheeky Everton bid for Coates, either...

WTF are Man City playing at? £40m is a great bid for a want-away player (who is not only unhappy, but is upsetting the rest of the team and the morale in the dressing room) - especially since he'd be going back to S. America rather than a European rival.

£40m down the drain. No one else is going to pay that at the moment it seems.

Because they dont think Corinthians can pay the fee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back