Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 611K
Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as I'm aware, City have signed one player (Clichy) and have offloaded at least two (Jo & Boateng). They are working on Aguero as a replacement for Tevez and are actively trying to get rid of other players (eg Adebayor). Vieira has retired too, their wage bill is gradually being reduced, you can't complain this early in the transfer window

Don't forget Savic. Did Jo actually command a transfer fee ? Is Boateng's fee undisclosed ? Tevez is still on the books.

Selling players for a massive loss, or letting them go on a free would also impact on a club's positive equity in the real world of finance.

Last edited:
Don't forget Savic. Did Jo actually command a transfer fee ? Is Boateng's fee undisclosed ? Tevez is still on the books.

Selling players for a massive loss, or letting them go on a free would also impact on a club's positive equity in the real world of finance.

They made a 6m profit on Boateng, but lets actually wait and see what happens before we continue to bash City

They made a 6m profit on Boateng, but lets actually wait and see what happens before we continue to bash City

I agree. Sadly, it looks like a growing trend to jump to conclusions and bash City. Let's see what happens first, then bash them. Same goes with the very shady stadium deal.

I agree. Sadly, it looks like a growing trend to jump to conclusions and bash City. Let's see what happens first, then bash them. Same goes with the very shady stadium deal.

This seems like a fair statement although i will never like or respect Man City no matter that they do for numerous reasons.

It seems to me that Sheikh Citeh aren't taking one bit of notice to the FFP rulings.

If M. Platini & friends do nothing about the continued financial shenanigans that city's owners continue to exhibit - the grossly OTT naming rights deal & obscene wage offers - they (EUFA) will make themselves look like a bunch of toothless incompitents. EUFA are supposed to be ensuring that football clubs are run as responsible business institutions, not petro-dollar billionaires' playthings.

At my club, FSG are making a big deal about getting the wage bill down by offloading unwanted players before further recruitment is done, whilst along the M62, where the player wage bill must be mind-blowing, they continue to bring in even more bloated salary earners.

Citeh make Abramovich's past excesses look like a thifty fiscal policy.

Rant over. ;)

I was under the same impression untill i read Swiss ramble. One of the best blogs. Explained everything in detail. If everything goes to the plan City will be become mighty force in the future. They have some excellent plan, not only improving the club but also making it one of the best in the country. Spending Billion to improve the area surrounding Eastland oops, Etihad stadium shows owners are in for a long run.

I was under the same impression untill i read Swiss ramble. One of the best blogs. Explained everything in detail. If everything goes to the plan City will be become mighty force in the future. They have some excellent plan, not only improving the club but also making it one of the best in the country. Spending Billion to improve the area surrounding Eastland oops, Etihad stadium shows owners are in for a long run.

Im particularly interested in the sportcity venture, God knows that part of Manchester needs it

Im particularly interested in the sportcity venture, God knows that part of Manchester needs it

Yeah the name escaped me. But I thought that with Academy they are goin overboard. I mean 400 players and 12 fields only for kids between age 8-18. How can they improve players by playing them? They can have one reserves team, and few Under age teams. And also 7K seater stadium only for Kids.. I dont thinks thats useful as they can hardly fillup their main stadium. Still have to see what can they do.

Impressed with plan though.

Diouf plays down Pool talk | Sky Sports | Football | Premier League | News

Would prefer it if he went out on loan to a premier league club anyway.

Yeah, Will be good if he gets a loan move to Premier league club where he can get chances. I would like to see him at Wigan where they have only Rodallega as striker and Diouf can play as winger. With N'Zogbia leaving he will get chances. And if he does well then there will be always other Premier league club wanting him on permanent move..

Thats a great pick-up by Juve. He is waaaay better than a €12 million fee.

Fecks sake. I'd happily have Vidal at Milan with the OAP duo of MVB and Gattuso beggining to think of their bus passes :(

Good. He is worth more than that considering other transfers and his experience in the league.

Worth more like £15m IMO, but if he's our first choice target then we may end up having to pay more like £17m. Don't think we should go over that since they will probably ask for £20m (so meeting between two valuations)...

Good player, but we're not Man City - we have other targets, we're not loaded, and we're not going to pay a price similar to what Lescott went for. Everton know that, and I think they'll be open(ish) to selling him and generating some cash. Moyes will drive a hard bargain, though and Jagielka won't come out in public (nor would I want him to)

Worth more like £15m IMO, but if he's our first choice target then we may end up having to pay more like £17m. Don't think we should go over that since they will probably ask for £20m (so meeting between two valuations)...

Good player, but we're not Man City - we have other targets, we're not loaded, and we're not going to pay a price similar to what Lescott went for. Everton know that, and I think they'll be open(ish) to selling him and generating some cash. Moyes will drive a hard bargain, though and Jagielka won't come out in public (nor would I want him to)

Yeah I think 15Million is a decent price. But still I think he wont fit in Wenger's buying policy. He will be 29 by the time seaon starts and I have not seen Wenger keeping players who are over 30 (Outfield players).

Still a very good player. just that it will be against his policy..

Few weeks back there was a rumor about Dann to Arsenal. What happened to that. IMO he will be a very good buy..

Last edited:
£12 million for Jags?! ****** insult. He's been a superb defender for us. They'd have to cough up between £16-£20 mill to get him.

This is what I mentioned a few days ago, when EFC started looking at Scott Dann as a replacement

Yeah I think 15Million is a decent price. But still I think he wont fit in Wenger's buying policy. He will be 29 by the time seaon starts and I have not seen Wenger keeping players who are over 30 (Outfield players).

Still a very good player. just that it will be against his policy..

Eh?

1. He's already said he wants more height (I know, I know - Jagielka doesn't fill that mould) and players with PL experience (hence interest in Cahill, Samba, Jagielka)

2. Squillaci (now 30), Campbell, Silvestre, Arshavin (28 when we signed him, now 30), Gallas (29 when we signed him).

Wenger has always been open to having older players (especially in defence). Of course the focus is younger players, but we've tried to aid their development by signing experienced, older players. They haven't always been successful (Squillaci, Silvestre) and they've rarely been first choice, but they have been signed.

Eh?

1. He's already said he wants more height (I know, I know - Jagielka doesn't fill that mould) and players with PL experience (hence interest in Cahill, Samba, Jagielka)

2. Squillaci (now 30), Campbell, Silvestre, Arshavin (28 when we signed him, now 30), Gallas (29 when we signed him).

Wenger has always been open to having older players (especially in defence). Of course the focus is younger players, but we've tried to aid their development by signing experienced, older players. They haven't always been successful (Squillaci, Silvestre) and they've rarely been first choice, but they have been signed.

Arshavin was exception. Others were signed as back up. Gallas was completely different deal. You wanted CB, Chelsea tapped up Cole. So swap deal.

I have said it will be very good signing, but bit strange that Wenger is going for a player who is 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back