Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 611K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arshavin was exception. Others were signed as back up. Gallas was completely different deal. You wanted CB, Chelsea tapped up Cole. So swap deal.

I have said it will be very good signing, but bit strange that Wenger is going for a player who is 29.

They were signed as back-up, but Jagielka is hardly in the same physical league as Silvestre and Squillaci ;)

I'm just saying that he IS open to signing more experienced players, just like he's open to spending more than £15m. He prefers not to, but it's not strictly against his "philosophy". There are a lot of clichéd motifs attached to Wenger that simply aren't true, or are exaggerated.

Just heard something very interesting. N'Zogbia is considering going on strike to force a move out of Wigan. If he does, he goes down a **** of a lot in my estimation. He has no right to go on strike. To play in the premiership is a privelage, and he gets paid enough. He should not even be thinking this sort of disgraceful action

Just heard something very interesting. N'Zogbia is considering going on strike to force a move out of Wigan. If he does, he goes down a **** of a lot in my estimation. He has no right to go on strike. To play in the premiership is a privelage, and he gets paid enough. He should not even be thinking this sort of disgraceful action

What a ******* ****! Sorry for the extremities but he deserves nothing less!

They were signed as back-up, but Jagielka is hardly in the same physical league as Silvestre and Squillaci ;)

I'm just saying that he IS open to signing more experienced players, just like he's open to spending more than £15m. He prefers not to, but it's not strictly against his "philosophy". There are a lot of clichéd motifs attached to Wenger that simply aren't true, or are exaggerated.

Not exactly, just saying considering all the signings this was odd one. And also to get a 29 year old, you should pay something close to 20 Million.. Going by all Wenger's trasnfer record, this and Arshavin were odd ones. Can understand about Arshavin though, he was the flavor of the month when he was signed..

What a ******* ****! Sorry for the extremities but he deserves nothing less!

I'm just trying to find out if it is true. I'm hoping it's not tbh. Wigan doesn't deserve it-he's been given a chance in the Prem, and been very well paid for his services. Would be a massive kick in the teeth for the chairman.

Let's not jump to conclusions before we find out what has actually happened if anything has happened at all.

Agreed. On the Guardian site, it's been denied, but on the Independent it's coming across that it's true, and on Talksport it's been reported as he's considering his options. And I'm not even going to bother on Twitter

Can't say I'd be too happy with N'Zogbia going on strike to force through a move. We're trying to behave honourably, as we did with our interest in Martinez, but Charles is hardly making it easy for us to seem fair. If it's true, anyway.

Yeah, Will be good if he gets a loan move to Premier league club where he can get chances. I would like to see him at Wigan where they have only Rodallega as striker and Diouf can play as winger. With N'Zogbia leaving he will get chances. And if he does well then there will be always other Premier league club wanting him on permanent move..

Franco Di Santo, Victor Moses and Connor Sammon don't count....?

From his Palace days (can't really go on anything since) Moses was a passable striker but it really wasn't his best position. Entirely wasted there, never really understood the position properly.

Last edited:
Inter financial details.

Moratti, 2006, to heal the Nerazzurri accounts, has paid 361 million of his own pocket and won the leadership over competitors. Casa Agnelli ne ha versati 144, i Berlusconi ne han versati 162. Agnelli has paid 144, Berlusconi will have paid 162.

ACCOUNTS IN RED - The financial fair play while coming to the football club and will require time to adapt. In 2010 the company Inter closed the year with a loss of 69 million (154 the year before), AC Milan close in less than seventy million, Juventus close in 2010 to less than eleven million, but in the 2010-2011 season will come to lose the same amounts of the other two clubs.

They need to do a lot of work to break even. Many are on very high wages. Surely they should sell to balance the books..

Sky Sports now picking up on a story from Uruguayan press that we're in for Perriera. Hope so! Looked good for Uruguay.

Sky Sports now picking up on a story from Uruguayan press that we're in for Perriera. Hope so! Looked good for Uruguay.

Alvaro Perriera? I think he would be a quality signing, has been brilliant every time I've seen him play for Porto. He bombs forward and puts in a great cross, I'm sure Carroll would appreciate his service

I'd imagine Suarez's recommended him, would fit in well with him, and Meireles from his time at Porto. Hope it's true.

I'd imagine Suarez's recommended him, would fit in well with him, and Meireles from his time at Porto. Hope it's true.

Talk that you're in for Vargas as well - both are better than players that you have previously targetted (Clichy, Cissokho) imo, although a little more risky as South Americans sometimes struggle to adapt. I'd be very happy with either if I were a 'pool fan

Talk that you're in for Vargas as well - both are better than players that you have previously targetted (Clichy, Cissokho) imo, although a little more risky as South Americans sometimes struggle to adapt. I'd be very happy with either if I were a 'pool fan

Vargas is not at all good as LB. He plays as left winger isn't it. He has got awesome shot.. Hopefully Liverpool wont get him.

Not exactly, just saying considering all the signings this was odd one. And also to get a 29 year old, you should pay something close to 20 Million.. Going by all Wenger's trasnfer record, this and Arshavin were odd ones. Can understand about Arshavin though, he was the flavor of the month when he was signed..

The whole point of the TPA is that we don't spend it all in one go. Say we have £50m in the TPA this season, and we sign Mata for £30m and Gervinho for £10m - that would be at least £50m when factoring in wages, regardless of whether we move on players like Almunia, Bendtner, etc.

Spending only some of it (and therefore not making "marquee" £30m signings like Utd, City, Chelsea and Liverpool now can afford to do) means that we always have some in reserve if we're really struggling or we have an injury-crisis (or both of course) - that's why, and how, we signed Arshavin. We were in desperate need for a creative player to make things happen in the final 3rd of the pitch. He was more expensive because of his performances @ Euro 08, but was the kind of signing when it didn't matter if he was 30, or 13. If he was good enough (and he was at the time) and we needed him enough (which we did) then it was worth breaking our T'fer record.

Same (sort of) applies to Jagielka. Wenger knows we need experience, he knows we need to improve the defence, and he knows he's not likely to get anyone for less than about £15m (£10m is just opening the bidding, testing their - and Jagielka's I guess - reserve). It's about finding the right player, not someone who has to be < 30 and < £15m.

Sorry for the rant ;)

Vargas is not at all good as LB. He plays as left winger isn't it. He has got awesome shot.. Hopefully Liverpool wont get him.

Yeah he isn't the best defensively, but then neither is Perriera. Both would be very attacking fullbacks but Vargas would be a good option for the left wing also. I think Vargas is more of a winger but Downing would be ahead of him, so I can only assume that they would play him at left back...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back