Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 611K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sanchez signs for Barca (from thier official twitter)

Quote:
FCBarcelona_cat
FCBarcelona_cat @ The Udinese and have reached a definitive agreement for the transfer of the player Alexis Sanchez, who signed for 5 years # fcblive
Quote:
FCBarcelona_cat
The cost of the transaction is € 26 million fixed and variable 11'5. The arrival of the player to Barcelona is planned for the weekend

Sanchez deal has went through via the Barcelona website, face is egg free...

I'm preparing to be egged come the 24th because I don't think the Sneijder deal will be done by then at this very minute considering the factors.

It could be done tomorrow, or it could be done mid August...

*Prepares face for an egg splat on Sneijder*

Sneijder developments by Wednesday I said, there was a sort of development when Moratti gave an interview on Sneijder saying fee was the problem and MUFC needed to pay more money...

But I will accept a virtual egg on my face on that one.

I'm preparing to be egged come the 24th because I don't think the Sneijder deal will be done by then at this very minute considering the factors.

Sneijder developments by Wednesday I said, there was a sort of development when Moratti gave an interview on Sneijder saying fee was the problem and MUFC needed to pay more money...

So the same sticking point as before, this is quickly becoming a saga. Only reason United would still be hung up on the fee is if they are following up on other targets, last time I checked the difference was 5 million

Seen a few reports today saying Sneijder will stay until the Italian Super Cup at least. So prepare for that egg :P

Italian news site Quotidiano reporting that MUFC willing to pay 39 million euros (Around 35 million pounds), for Sneijder and Inter want 43 million euros. But I would rather believe the Milan based Journalists well connected who have reported that the gap last week was 9 million euros and this week it's more like 5. MUFC will pay 33 million euros and Inter want 37.5-38 million euros, but the sticking point I would say is the fact that Inter want a chunk of the merchandise profits Sneijder will bring, from the projections done by Nike/Inter of the MUFC-Sneijder partnership they basically want a 5 million euros a year sum from MUFC for Sneijders first 3 seasons. So Inter actually want a 37.5 million euros structured deal plus an extra 15 million in 5 million euros payments over 3 years. I think that Gill/MUFC are probably hung up on that, that's a total of like 52 million euros getting splashed on buying Sneijder not to mention the cost of his contract. Sneijder would take the paycut to join no doubt, but I would suggest he would want to be on par with Rooney's wage which is very fair imo considering what Sneijder has won/accomplished in his career.

That's the sticking point from what Italian journalists understand, not to mention the fact that Yolanthe will need to break into UK television, the 2 of them will bring with them a culture of chat shows, footballers mixing with popular culture TV has never really happened in this country like it happens in Spain/Holland/Italy, like when you see Jose/Capello on Italian TV with lapdancers and music stars. That's the sort of culture the 2 of them will probably want a piece of, his wife is a huge European TV star and she would need guarantees/strategy to break into UK television before they completed any move over to this country.

Easy to see why it's so complicated, I can accept virtual egg on my face if he doesn't come by the 24th but there is a chance he could join...But I am preparing for some virtual 'egg on face action'.

Italian super cup 'bollocks' is Inter's version of MUFC leaking 'no interest', it's a way too hurry United along...

Fergie would prefer to have him by the end of August no doubt about it to at least get some preparation with United before the Premiership starts.

Italian news site Quotidiano reporting that MUFC willing to pay 39 million euros (Around 35 million pounds), for Sneijder and Inter want 43 million euros. But I would rather believe the Milan based Journalists well connected who have reported that the gap last week was 9 million euros and this week it's more like 5. MUFC will pay 33 million euros and Inter want 37.5-38 million euros, but the sticking point I would say is the fact that Inter want a chunk of the merchandise profits Sneijder will bring, from the projections done by Nike/Inter of the MUFC-Sneijder partnership they basically want a 5 million euros a year sum from MUFC for Sneijders first 3 seasons. So Inter actually want a 37.5 million euros structured deal plus an extra 15 million in 5 million euros payments over 3 years. I think that Gill/MUFC are probably hung up on that, that's a total of like 52 million euros getting splashed on buying Sneijder not to mention the cost of his contract. Sneijder would take the paycut to join no doubt, but I would suggest he would want to be on par with Rooney's wage which is very fair imo considering what Sneijder has won/accomplished in his career.

That's the sticking point from what Italian journalists understand, not to mention the fact that Yolanthe will need to break into UK television, the 2 of them will bring with them a culture of chat shows, footballers mixing with popular culture TV has never really happened in this country like it happens in Spain/Holland/Italy, like when you see Jose/Capello on Italian TV with lapdancers and music stars. That's the sort of culture the 2 of them will probably want a piece of, his wife is a huge European TV star and she would need guarantees/strategy to break into UK television before they completed any move over to this country.

Easy to see why it's so complicated, I can accept virtual egg on my face if he doesn't come by the 24th but there is a chance he could join...But I am preparing for some virtual 'egg on face action'.

Italian super cup 'bollocks' is Inter's version of MUFC leaking 'no interest', it's a way too hurry United along...

Fergie would prefer to have him by the end of August no doubt about it to at least get some preparation with United before the Premiership starts.

Brilliant, this is now the most complicated transfer United have undertaken. Have now lost interest until the 1st September

What makes you think it's virtual?

Unbelievably complicated stuff, from the Italian side they are claiming it isn't that United's fee isn't enough but inter want a chunk sum over the next 3 years (Will help them with FFP 5 million coming in every year, that's a salary of a decent player).

Really complicated when you consider that Yolanthe's agency/management need to talk to TV executives/PR people like Clifford to break her into the UK TV market.

I find it unthinkable that United would go into the season, baring in mind they have probably sold Gibson, without Sneijder.

Fletcher wont be back to his physical best for at least 2 months, he needs to gain like 3 stone in muscle before he is considered ready again, and who is United's creative midfielder going into the season going to be?

CM partnership of Anderson/Park until Sneijder comes?

I think United need 2 midfielders, Sneijder+1 and they lost out on Vidal because they never went for him (MADNESS for 12m euros imo), I hope Fergie has something up his sleeve because they are out in America until like August 2nd...

Next week this thread will go crazy, Chelsea/Arsenal will probably start moving Wenger in particularly who normally buys late July. Interesting to see who United go for, because no doubt in my mind they need a defensive midfielder, Pogba might be ready to step it up I don't know...

Expect alot of Chelsea/Arsenal-Felipe Melo speculation next week.

IF the Motta and Arsenal story was true, I can definitely see Wenger going in for Melo who he has always been rumoured to admire.

Unbelievably complicated stuff, from the Italian side they are claiming it isn't that United's fee isn't enough but inter want a chunk sum over the next 3 years (Will help them with FFP 5 million coming in every year, that's a salary of a decent player).

Really complicated when you consider that Yolanthe's agency/management need to talk to TV executives/PR people like Clifford to break her into the UK TV market.

I find it unthinkable that United would go into the season, baring in mind they have probably sold Gibson, without Sneijder.

Fletcher wont be back to his physical best for at least 2 months, he needs to gain like 3 stone in muscle before he is considered ready again, and who is United's creative midfielder going into the season going to be?

I think United need 2 midfielders, Sneijder+1 and they lost out on Vidal because they never went for him (MADNESS for 12m euros imo), I hope Fergie has something up his sleeve because they are out in America until like August 2nd...

Next week this thread will go crazy, Chelsea/Arsenal will probably start moving Wenger in particularly who normally buys late July. Interesting to see who United go for, because no doubt in my mind they need a defensive midfielder, Pogba might be ready to step it up I don't know...

IF the Motta and Arsenal story was true, I can definitely see Wenger going in for Melo who he has always been rumoured to admire.

Maybe this is me being naive in my old age, but would signing Sneijder really generate that sort of money in extra revenue? I know he is a big name signing, but surely kids will still want players like Giggs and Rooney on their shirts?

Lass Diarra, a player SAF has always liked. But not sure how content he would be with rotation,

Maybe this is me being naive in my old age, but would signing Sneijder really generate that sort of money in extra revenue? I know he is a big name signing, but surely kids will still want players like Giggs and Rooney on their shirts?

And Sneijder. Think Ronaldo, but on a lower scale. Remember the kind of buzz he made with shirt sales.

Ronaldo MUFC Nike partnership was probably the biggest one Nike has ever had, Beckham-Adidas was off the charts at Madrid because at United he wore the Nike brand.

Sneijder MUFC Nike is being predicted to match Ronaldo/Messi incomes worldwide...

This will be colossal, with all due respect to Inter Milan they don't have the world wide shirt sales/name/brand that is Manchester United.

It will be bigger than Rooney's worldwide sales, that's for **** sure...

Forget this country because in the scheme of things you would expect British players to be the fans choice of name in most cases (I would guess alot of MUFC fans would take up Sneijder over Giggs mainly because they have one with Giggs on already from a season past)

I can't emphasise the Nike/MUFC expectations of this deal, brand Sneijder is as well known across Europe/South America as Ronaldo.

And Sneijder is just a better role model than Ronaldo in a sense because he doesn't have the off the pitch antics that Ronaldo has, can see this being just an astronomical deal merchandising wise.

Think of FFP as well, if United get offered someone like a Nasri or Sneijder...Who will sell more shirts over the next 5 years with Nike on their top?

Nasri could/is a top talent but he doesn't have the sort of pull/brand recognition with Nike that Sneijder has.

Just astronomical, Nike's biggest deal probably when you consider Messi/Ronaldo are mismatched with what brand they predominantly represent/market compared to the shirt make they wear on a Saturday.

are either even cm's though as i thought Anderson was a amc and Park a rm?

Anderson is an MC, and Park plays just about anywhere. And its much more likely to Carrick/Anderson

Ronaldo MUFC Nike partnership was probably the biggest one Nike has ever had, Beckham-Adidas was off the charts at Madrid because at United he wore the Nike brand.

Sneijder MUFC Nike is being predicted to match Ronaldo/Messi incomes worldwide...

This will be colossal, with all due respect to Inter Milan they don't have the world wide shirt sales/name/brand that is Manchester United.

It will be bigger than Rooney's worldwide sales, that's for **** sure...

Forget this country because in the scheme of things you would expect British players to be the fans choice of name in most cases (I would guess alot of MUFC fans would take up Sneijder over Giggs mainly because they have one with Giggs on already from a season past)

I can't emphasise the Nike/MUFC expectations of this deal, brand Sneijder is as well known across Europe/South America as Ronaldo.

And Sneijder is just a better role model than Ronaldo in a sense because he doesn't have the off the pitch antics that Ronaldo has, can see this being just an astronomical deal merchandising wise.

Think of FFP as well, if United get offered someone like a Nasri or Sneijder...Who will sell more shirts over the next 5 years with Nike on their top?

Nasri could/is a top talent but he doesn't have the sort of pull/brand recognition with Nike that Sneijder has.

Just astronomical, Nike's biggest deal probably when you consider Messi/Ronaldo are mismatched with what brand they predominantly represent/market compared to the shirt make they wear on a Saturday.

Sneijder + United away shirt :wub:

That's my problem with United's midfield, Carrick=Xabi Alonso of MUFC.

He will give everything and rarely gives the ball away but his physical levels aren't up to scratch against the big teams, like when Mourinho calls on a Pepe/Diarra/Khedira to do his defensive duties in big games.

In the final it got so desperate he had to pull Parks energy into the middle of the park but Park is no DM...

Fletcher does normally do that job for Fergie but I feel they need a 'powerhouse' in the midfield who has bags of pace/strength/energy.

M'Villa would be a nice fit, not sure on Pogba's development but I have seen good things from him in clips on MUTV/Youtube from games he has played in the reserves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back