Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 611K
Status
Not open for further replies.
This isnt new, and not like he has many options. He wants out of Atletico, but cant go Italy. He would go to any elite side who wanted him

Stop kidding yourself. He is a life-long blue and it's a dream for him to join the great Manchester City. <3

On a serious note...true, he wants Real Madrid but Madrid not interested because of political and financial reasons. England as his second option. Italy is his 3rd choice but he doesn't want to go there for some other Maradona reason i think. :D

Hope Aguero flops just like Torres and Dzeko. But Aguero is too good to flop. Im worried.

Stop kidding yourself. He is a life-long blue and it's a dream for him to join the great Manchester City. <3

On a serious note...true, he wants Real Madrid but Madrid not interested because of political and financial reasons. England as his second option. Italy is his 3rd choice but he doesn't want to go there for some other Maradona reason i think. :D

Maradona cant go to italy because of some tax issues. But Mancini has got his foot in first, and think Chelsea fans will be disappointed. **** of a signing if you seal it. Big fan of his

Maradona cant go to italy because of some tax issues. But Mancini has got his foot in first, and think Chelsea fans will be disappointed. **** of a signing if you seal it. Big fan of his

Yup...huge signing if it goes trough (And im VERY confident it will). He is a really big name commercially aswell i think. CR7 , Rooney and Messi are the most profilic players worlwide i think. But Aguero is not far from them. So it's really a big thing for City as a club if a true young world class players like Aguero wants to join. Huge profile boost. On and off the field.

Are Man City even close to off-loading the players they want to yet (not including Tevez)? If this goes through like I suspect it probably will, surely the wage bill will be astronomical?

Are Man City even close to off-loading the players they want to yet (not including Tevez)? If this goes through like I suspect it probably will, surely the wage bill will be astronomical?

I think this seasons wage bill was 167m. Highest in the league. Thankfully, the reserves on huge wages signed their contracts before 2010 June.

Jo, Given and Boateng have already left. Still...Adebayor, RSC, SWP (maybe), Bellamy, Onuoha, Bridge and Tevez to offload. With Bellamy the only one with only 1-year left of his contract. But i think most will be offloaded...atleast on loan.

If all are offloaded..it's about 60m-80m off the wage bill i reckon.

Last edited:
I think this seasons wage bill was 167m. Highest in the league. Thankfully, the reserves on huge wages signed their contracts before 2010 June.

Jo and Boateng have already left. Still...Adebayor, RSC, Bellamy, Onuoha, Bridge and Tevez to offload. With Bellamy the only one with only 1-year left of his contract. But i think most will be offloaded...atleast on loan.

If all are offloaded..it's about 60m off the wage bill i reckon.

£60 million....jesus wept. that's just tear inducing lol

Man City are ruining football by trying to buy trophies instead of building a history like Liverpool, Manu U and Arsenal have done. I appreciate that their wonderful, long suffering fans must be delighted with their success and new found wealth but I'm sure that there are many amongst them who would rather they (and Chelsea) had done it the 'proper' way.

Man City are ruining football by trying to buy trophies instead of building a history like Liverpool, Manu U and Arsenal have done. I appreciate that their wonderful, long suffering fans must be delighted with their success and new found wealth but I'm sure that there are many amongst them who would rather they (and Chelsea) had done it the 'proper' way.

did you just copy + paste someone from the sky sports comments?

Jo, Given and Boateng have already left. Still...Adebayor, RSC, SWP (maybe), Bellamy, Onuoha, Bridge and Tevez to offload. With Bellamy the only one with only 1-year left of his contract. But i think most will be offloaded...atleast on loan.

Its more like 40-55M if you factor in bonuses

£60 million....jesus wept. that's just tear inducing lol

Edited it...SWP 1-year left aswell. And i forgot that Given left aswell. And City already brought in Timo Hildebrand, a free-agent on trial to replace him as number 2.

Can i ask how you came to support Real Madrid and Man City? What reasons we're involved..

This isnt going to turn into City bashing, just putting it out there

Edited it...SWP 1-year left aswell. And i forgot that Given left aswell. And City already brought in Timo Hildebrand, a free-agent on trial to replace him as number 2.

yeah thats true. should've remembered that Given left myself lol. Be interesting to see the progress they make if they get Aguero then. Outstanding player. But at the same time, it's going to increase the pressure on Mancini considerably to get ensure the owners get a major return on the season I feel. As we know, some boards place a **** of a lot of pressure on some managers shoulders. And some give a major, ill-advised knee-jerk reaction. Like the Ancelotti situation.

yeah thats true. should've remembered that Given left myself lol. Be interesting to see the progress they make if they get Aguero then. Outstanding player. But at the same time, it's going to increase the pressure on Mancini considerably to get ensure the owners get a major return on the season I feel. As we know, some boards place a **** of a lot of pressure on some managers shoulders. And some give a major, ill-advised knee-jerk reaction. Like the Ancelotti situation.

In a training video of the US-tour at mancitys website. Khaldoon (the chairman) came to shake hands with the players himself when they trained.

He said to some of the players something...and that was: "This year the aim is to win the league".

Mancini knows that if he doesn't put a proper title challenge he might get sacked. And the pressure is to do well in europe aswell.

Mancini in his Inter years....he always did very well in the league. (got the record points in a Serie A season, something not even Mourinho could match). But he failed to deliver and progress in the CL. That was the reason he was sacked by Moratti and replaced by Mourinho.

So it's interesting...i think Mancini does very well in the league. Interesting to see if he can do well in Europe aswell and show he can do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back