Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 611K
Status
Not open for further replies.
A title winning side...and im not cocky. :D

tbh that hasn't improved too much, IMO a worse left back, a right winger who isn't a great deal better than competition, although the strike force looks great, still hoping Dzeko can come good (technically he's not a flop if torres isn't (i don't think either are))

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:34 PM ----------

Where are you getting this?.

Arsene Wenger is the greatest when it comes to when to sell a player!

Really? Flamini springs to mind ;)

Kiddo, lol. I'm not trying to insult anyone. It's true, Arsenal can't sell player. However, this isn't thread about it. If you want, I can continue to write on this topic ( Arsenal). But people call Bebe a flop, and they forgot that Obertan is just 21! And about Berbatov, he's great, I can't see why would someone called him a flop ( except being bitter). Torres, however, has premiership exp, but he wasn't on his level for 2, 2 and half years now. To buy him for 50m and he only scored once (1) in 15 games I think. That's definition of flop.

We can resume the Arsenal discussion via visitor walls, because I'm convinced you have no idea what you're talking about regarding Wenger's selling decisions.

Yes, Obertan is 21. So? Old enough to have developed into a fine player at Manchester United for 2 years, but he has failed.

So when Torres begins to perform he becomes a 'previous flop that isn't a flop anymore'?. Doesn't work like that, you either are or you aren't and it's too soon to put that label on Torres yet.

Anyway, we've exhausted the Aguero rumour, if you want to reply to my other points do it via visitor wall.

PS: It's come to my attention Obertan is 22, makes your point even less valid.

Last edited:
Not at all. Wenger has no intention of letting him leave. he actually said he'd rather lose him next year. "Big teams cannot be seen to be losing their players"

Yea..few weeks ago. He said he wants Clichy to stay before he went to City. Same happened with Thierry Henry i think. And others...

After all...i doubt the Arsenal board will reject 20m+ from City if Nasri doesn't sign a new contract. Nasri isn't worth the gamble either tbh.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

tbh that hasn't improved too much, IMO a worse left back, a right winger who isn't a great deal better than competition, although the strike force looks great, still hoping Dzeko can come good (technically he's not a flop if torres isn't (i don't think either are))

What? Clichy is far better than Kola. I mean..Kola is a decent left-back. A tall and big one. But he lacks pace. While Clichy has plenty of pace.

I have watched the 2 City friendlies this pre-season. City have conceeded 1 goal and it was because of Kolarov. He was comnig back from his run down the flank but the winger crossed to the striker to score because Kola didn't stop the winger because he lacks pace. Clichy would have gotten that one.

Both have played 45 mins each in both games. And Clichy has been very good. He was one of the best players on the pitch in the first one. I know it's just friendlies...but i think Clichy is seriously underrated.

And Barry on the bench will be a huge boost aswell. :D And Nasri would certainly be a upgrade.

Last edited:
We can resume the Arsenal discussion via visitor walls, because I'm convinced you have no idea what you're talking about regarding Wenger's selling decisions.

Yes, Obertan is 21. So? Old enough to have developed into a fine player at Manchester United for 2 years, but he has failed.

So when Torres begins to perform he becomes a 'previous flop that isn't a flop anymore'?. Doesn't work like that, you either are or you aren't and it's too soon to put that label on Torres yet.

Anyway, we've exhausted the Aguero rumour, if you want to reply to my other points do it via visitor wall.

Nah, I can't be bothered. You'll just ignore my facts, then I'll try to convince you are wrong, and you wont accept it, then you'll blast me with something and I'll just say "you are right, now leave me alone". To skip unnecessary parts:
"you are right, lets leave this issue for Arsene. Is that Ok with you? "

About Obertan... Xavi, back when he was 21 ( even 24), wasn't great player. He was solid. He's peaked later and we all know who Xavi is. Everyone isn't like Ronaldo. I belive this is the season for Obertan. To be or not to be.

---------- Post added at 09:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 PM ----------

Yea..few weeks ago. He said he wants Clichy to stay before he went to City. Same happened with Thierry Henry i think. And others...

After all...i doubt the Arsenal board will reject 20m+ from City if Nasri doesn't sign a new contract. Nasri isn't worth the gamble either tbh.

---------- Post added at 09:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

What? Clichy is far worse than Kola. I mean..Kola is a decent left-back. A tall and big one. But he lacks pace. While Clichy has plenty of pace.

I have watched the 2 City friendlies this pre-season. City have conceeded 1 goal and it was because of Kolarov. He was comnig back from his run down the flank but the winger crossed to the striker to score because Kola didn't stop the winger because he lacks pace. Clichy would have gotten that one.

Both have played 45 mins each in both games. And Clichy has been very good. He was one of the best players on the pitch in the first one. I know it's just friendlies...but i think Clichy is seriously underrated.

Nope ,Clichy would stay up front as main striker XD.

Well he couldn't really say we don't want him at Arsenal any more.. We offered a contract, accepted a bid, he accepted City's offer. Nothing more to it really - we tried to sell him last season. Completely different to Nasri.

Well we did keep Henry for another season after he said that so what's your point?

And you make it sound as if the Arsenal board will just by-pass Wenger and accept £20m (when our valuation is at least £25m) if a bid comes in from City. It won't happen like that... Every single decision re: transfers will go through Wenger (bar U16/18s who go through Brady)

Well he couldn't really say we don't want him at Arsenal any more.. We offered a contract, accepted a bid, he accepted City's offer. Nothing more to it really - we tried to sell him last season. Completely different to Nasri.

Well we did keep Henry for another season after he said that so what's your point?

And you make it sound as if the Arsenal board will just by-pass Wenger and accept £20m (when our valuation is at least £25m) if a bid comes in from City. It won't happen like that... Every single decision re: transfers will go through Wenger (bar U16/18s who go through Brady)

Ohh well....City want him. Not just because he only has 1-year left of his contract. Well...if he had more City wouldn't get him im sure.

But im sure City will offer that 25m Arsenal want. Mancini wants him. Wenger would have a hard time explaining to his board that he wants to take a 25million gamble on Nasri. And have him for just 1 season!

I think Kroenke would tell him to stick that opinion up in his ****.

Ohh well....City want him. Not just because he only has 1-year left of his contract. Well...if he had more City wouldn't get him im sure.

But im sure City will offer that 25m Arsenal want. Mancini wants him. Wenger would have a hard time explaining to his board that he wants to take a 25million gamble on Nasri. And have him for just 1 season!

I think Kroenke would tell him to stick that opinion up in his ****.

Except they wont, and thats the key thing behind Wenger holding onto him. Its very unlikely that the board will overrule him

£25 mil for someone with one year left on his contract and who had half an excellent year last season is excellent business though.

£25 mil for someone with one year left on his contract and who had half an excellent year last season is excellent business though.

It is, but Wenger will argue from a footballing standpoint its not, especially if he risks losing Fabregas

I'm so confident Nasri will resign that IF he signs for MCFC I will have a username change to 'Strawberry Sally'. Not happening Mr Madridista, focus more on Marin/Diego/Montolivo/De Rossi as potential incomings.

Except they wont, and thats the key thing behind Wenger holding onto him. Its very unlikely that the board will overrule him

Dont ruin it for me. :( I still believe he will become a City player soon.

Since when has Wenger wanted to hold onto players who dont want to be there and when you can get a good fee for him?! Everytime he would put Nasri on the teamsheet he knows this guy doesn't want to be here and will leave at the end of this season. Im sure he doesn't want that.

@Jamie...**** those lightweight Montolivos and Marins. I want Nasri! If we dont get him...which we will!!! We will get Lavezzi.

Last edited:
I'm so confident Nasri will resign that IF he signs for MCFC I will have a username change to 'Strawberry Sally'. Not happening Mr Madridista, focus more on Marin/Diego/Montolivo/De Rossi as potential incomings.

Except not De Rossi, right?

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

Dont ruin it for me. :( I still believe he will become a City player soon.

Since when has Wenger wanted to hold onto players who dont want to be there and when you can get a good fee for him?! Everytime he would put Nasri on the teamsheet he knows this guy doesn't want to be here and will leave at the end of this season. Im sure he doesn't want that.

@Jamie...**** those lightweight Montolivos and Marins. I want Nasri! If we dont get him...which we will!!! We will get Lavezzi.

You seriously want Nasri more than the people Jamie said?

I wont shagg my girlfriend in a year if Nasri doesn't join! He will hand in a transfer request just for me! <3

Im also willing to bet my left ******** he will join!

Mancini wants him and if he does...he will get him one way or another. Simples. And i also believe Wenger wouldn't like it...which is a bonus.

Except not De Rossi, right?

---------- Post added at 11:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

You seriously want Nasri more than the people Jamie said?

Well, if it was up to me I'd rather have Nasri than Montolivo, Diego and maybe Marin. And I'm not quite sure how De Rossi would fit in.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

I wont shagg my girlfriend in a year if Nasri doesn't join! He will hand in a transfer request just for me! <3

Im also willing to bet my left ******** he will join!

Mancini wants him and if he does...he will get him one way or another. Simples. And i also believe Wenger wouldn't like it...which is a bonus.

Poor your girlfriend :S

How about Jamie the Egg Face ? :P

Completely irrelevant point but why not De Rossi? City have offered him £10 million a year, and Totti/Sabatini/Enrique have said if Daniele wants to go he can. DDR hasn't decided yet but a midfield of him Yaya and Silva would be frankly world class and scary... Re Madridista: Mancini also wants Lavezzi/Pastore/Hamsik/Isla, he wont join and come mid August you'll have the same number of testicles as Hitler...

---------- Post added at 11:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

Lavezzi deal was/is in place for his €34m release clause but he is plan B, Aguero is THE target at the minute. No rush for Lavezzi, MCFC only club interested enough to pay the clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back