Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The club is letting all the major players of the team go," he wrote.

"Seriously, do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy [Carroll], Nobby [Kevin Nolan], etc, etc.

"This club will never fight again to be among the top six again with this policy.

"They do not want spend in the club and bring quality players. That's why everybody goes."

He added: "I think you [Newcastle] fans are the best and you deserve the best not what they are doing with the club."

Jose Enrique supposedly said all of this..

Apologies if it's been mentioned, shattered.

Why would Nolan's nick-name be "Nobby"?!

"The club is letting all the major players of the team go," he wrote.

"Seriously, do you think it is the fault of the players? Andy [Carroll], Nobby [Kevin Nolan], etc, etc.

"This club will never fight again to be among the top six again with this policy.

"They do not want spend in the club and bring quality players. That's why everybody goes."

He added: "I think you [Newcastle] fans are the best and you deserve the best not what they are doing with the club."

Jose Enrique supposedly said all of this..

Apologies if it's been mentioned, shattered.

He came out on his Twitter saying that the media twisted his words, but that's not to say he doesn't agree with some of the stuff said.

Charles N'Zogbia fee agreed between Villa and Wigan. £9.5M

Goodbye, Charlie! Sideways move imo, Villa have struggled recently. But we have the money to replace him. We've done it in the past; Valencia - N'Zogbia, Palacios - Diame, Baines - Figueora, etc.

No matter how much we've struggled recently, I fail to see how this could be described as a 'sideways move', considering Wigan's last 3 league positions are 11th, 16th and 16th whereas ours are 6th, 6th and 9th.

I'll be happy to see N'Zogbia in. Width, pace, and more importantly a wonderful way to increase our attacking options. With Albrighton on the right flank and Warnock charging up the wing behind him, he'll be free to move inside as he wishes.

---------- Post added at 01:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:41 PM ----------

‎301 - Only Lionel Messi (331) attempted more dribbles than Charles N'Zogbia (301) in the top five European leagues in 2010/11. Mazy.

No matter how much we've struggled recently, I fail to see how this could be described as a 'sideways move', considering Wigan's last 3 league positions are 11th, 16th and 16th whereas ours are 6th, 6th and 9th.

And a much bigger fan-base, better stadium, better quality players and a better chance of playing in a European competition...yeah, of course it's a sideways move.

I will now love villa's midfield now that downing has gone and n zogbia is in. In your opinion GC who is better, n zog or downing?

I will now love villa's midfield now that downing has gone and n zogbia is in. In your opinion GC who is better, n zog or downing?

No idea! I haven't watched N'Zogbia enough to form that detailed an opinion on him. They're different players, of course: Downing's a more classical winger, hard-working, an excellent crosser. N'Zogbia is much more direct, faster and likes to cut inside more. In that sense I see Charles as more of a replacement for Young, whereas Albrighton is a replacement for Downing.

We'll see from next season how he does. Frankly, with people of the impeccable movement of Bent and the excellent vision of Ireland to be a foil to, he should be brilliant.

Goodbye, Charlie! Sideways move imo, Villa have struggled recently. But we have the money to replace him. We've done it in the past; Valencia - N'Zogbia, Palacios - Diame, Baines - Figueora, etc.

Sideways move from Wigan (relegation threatened) to Aston Villa (European spot competitor)? :S

Well, if he signs it's a perfect choice for the left wing. As seen here, we played a 4-2-3-1 against Walsall with Heskey of all people on the left wing. It could well work with Zogs though.

No idea! I haven't watched N'Zogbia enough to form that detailed an opinion on him. They're different players, of course: Downing's a more classical winger, hard-working, an excellent crosser. N'Zogbia is much more direct, faster and likes to cut inside more. In that sense I see Charles as more of a replacement for Young, whereas Albrighton is a replacement for Downing.

We'll see from next season how he does. Frankly, with people of the impeccable movement of Bent and the excellent vision of Ireland to be a foil to, he should be brilliant.

Yes but you may be without you're top class midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker XD Chelsea have finally realised his talents...

Yes but you may be without you're top class midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker XD Chelsea have finally realised his talents...

Oh shush. Reo-Coker was brilliant last season. Now we have Makoun, of course, so it's less of a problem.

If Ireland gets back to his best then Ireland, Albrighton, N'Zogbia with Bent upfront. Thats one helluva attack.

Is he good enough for Champions League football though?

A number of things need to be addressed when answering this. 1) Are Villa going to get Champions League football any time soon? 2) Is NRC first choice? and finally 3) Is he good enough for Champions League football? which depends on the answers to the other two questions. So:

1) We're almost certainly not. Therefore, we don't need CL quality players.
2) No. Not when we have Jean Makoun, who IS a CL quality player. Therefore he wouldn't NEED to be good enough anyway, seeing as he's backup.
3) So no, but it doesn't matter.

Serious curveball on SAF midfield plans, local media in Italy saying MUFC are preparing a move for Poli at Sampdoria. Juve had him as their backup target in case they didn't get Vidal. Price Sampdoria would want is 10-12 million euros. The deal makes sense, think it's a case of wait and see over the next week to see if an offer goes in. Brilliant coups if Fergie brings in him and Sneijder, title's his to be honest if those 2 sign.

Please be true...

Cerci move to MCFC from Fiorentina is happening, fee will be €6-8m. That move rules out MCFC move for Marin imo. Decent winger but a bit of a 'talent unfulfilled', Fiorentina Sporting Director meeting MCFC officials today. Stekelenburg will finally join Roma this week, be announced by Thursday probably Wednesday.

‎301 - Only Lionel Messi (331) attempted more dribbles than Charles N'Zogbia (301) in the top five European leagues in 2010/11. Mazy.

In contrast though...

Charles N’Zogbia was tackled 304 times in the Premier League last season, 91 times more than any other player. Dispossessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back