Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see Tevez and Aguero working well in the same team. They don't for Argentina, doubt they would for City.

I can't see Tevez and Aguero working well in the same team. They don't for Argentina, doubt they would for City.

If they can get Dzeko working maybe they can freeze Tevez out ;)

I'm sure they're trying really hard to sell Tevez but I doubt it's going to happen yet.

AS, El Mundo Deportivo, Sport all picking up on the Mata to Arsenal rumour and insist the fee is £15m.

If they can get Dzeko working maybe they can freeze Tevez out ;)

I'm sure they're trying really hard to sell Tevez but I doubt it's going to happen yet.

I don't think Dzeko will live up to the hype this season. He has had 6 months to settle, so there will be no excuses. Aguero isn't tactically needed until Tevez leaves, as they are two similar to play together, and they are too big a p;air of players to be content with playing as rotational or bench-warmers.

I don't think Dzeko will live up to the hype this season. He has had 6 months to settle, so there will be no excuses. Aguero isn't tactically needed until Tevez leaves, as they are two similar to play together, and they are too big a p;air of players to be content with playing as rotational or bench-warmers.

Sounds like you think I said they should both go on the bench. Just to clarify if that is the case, I was saying it could be Aguero and Dzeko.

AS, El Mundo Deportivo, Sport all picking up on the Mata to Arsenal rumour and insist the fee is £15m.

Yeah, it is trending on Spanish twitter ATM. Still cannot believe he is after another attack-minded midfielder, you could still do with a sturdy centre back.

Sounds like you think I said they should both go on the bench. Just to clarify if that is the case, I was saying it could be Aguero and Dzeko.

meant to seperate the comments XD.

Obviously, City must be confident they can shift Tevez this summer, otherwise Aguero wouldn't be joining. I think it will be a lone forward, and I think Dzeko is going to be the big target if and when they need him to be.

Yeah, it is trending on Spanish twitter ATM. Still cannot believe he is after another attack-minded midfielder, you could still do with a sturdy centre back.

We are looking at CBs - we had a bid rejected for Jagielka, but we're trying to sort out a deal for him, and a lot of people say he's close/is likely to sign, Cahill we know we can get but will probably be 2nd/3rd option due to price, and considering Nasri and (I think) Arshavin have one year left on their contracts, a left-sided player is very much needed, then there's the ongoing Fabregas saga - Mata is versatile, would fit in with the Arsenal 'philosophy' and would be a bargain at anything like £15m.

Has Aguero officially joined City then?

If so. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!

Exactly what i was saying to Joe, its more to do with the fact Tevez doesn't really play well with other strikers, unless they are secondary, he likes to be the main man

Dzeko/Aguero is a scary partnership though

Oooh - coup of the summer if true:

Mike. look away now:

You know - I think PSG may have just pulled off Pastore. Insanity if true but Zamparini has been glowing about Leo and his conduct

@JamieDalton82 - ​twitter ;)

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

Forget 15m it will be closer to 22-25m

That's what I'm thinking - as I said, Spanish press have a reputation...

Oooh - coup of the summer if true:

Mike. look away now:

@JamieDalton82 - ​twitter ;)

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 PM ----------

That's what I'm thinking - as I said, Spanish press have a reputation...

Lol cheers for hiding the twitter source. That would be an incredible signing

Can see Mata at Arsenal (we've talked this before) but its up to Wenger to cross the 20m mark. But i think he'd want to resolve Nasri and Fabregas first.

I think PSG have Pastore... Guess CL football isn't what players want these days. Italian media split but TMW saying he's off to PSG. And apparently according to Hulk's agent someone made an €80m bid and got REJECTED. Not sure how true that is lol. I thinh AFC and Mata is because I'm pretty sure Arshavin's out the door. Gervinho will end up ST I imagine, interesting links for Mata. CFC AFC Inter Anzhi all 'in the running' according to the Spanish press.

Will cry if true :'(

I'll ****. Not in England, not in the CL, probably not in time for the Emirates Cup - win win.

Lol cheers for hiding the twitter source. That would be an incredible signing

Can see Mata at Arsenal (we've talked this before) but its up to Wenger to cross the 20m mark. But i think he'd want to resolve Nasri and Fabregas first.

lol - I think he will if/when Cesc/Nasri go - he'll be forced to I imagine, but then deal for Mata may have to wait another year. :( (When others will also be interested)

Also - Spanish press finally shutting the **** up about Fabregas... sort of... Say that if he doesn't go there, Barca will sign a defender (LB?)

I think PSG have Pastore... Guess CL football isn't what players want these days. Italian media split but TMW saying he's off to PSG. And apparently according to Hulk's agent someone made an €80m bid and got REJECTED. Not sure how true that is lol. I thinh AFC and Mata is because I'm pretty sure Arshavin's out the door. Gervinho will end up ST I imagine, interesting links for Mata. CFC AFC Inter Anzhi all 'in the running' according to the Spanish press.

He (Gervinho) will end up on the right I think - if anyone moves inside, it will be Walcott but it's tricky. Gervinho doesn't want to play up front (apparently he refused to for Lille when they were short on options), but Wenger has repeatedly said how Gervinho can play all across the front line. Gibbs says he's been playing against Gervinho, so that suggests he'll be used on the right but then he started on the LW vs Koln...

Basically; I think he'll be used everywhere but most likely rotating with Arshavin/Nasri/Walcott on the wings.

Last edited:
Aguero deal is done apparently. Passed his medical and signed a 5 year deal.

I see what your saying Joss, Nasri will probably play CM with Wilshere and Song DM. Mata to AFC is the strong rumour but I suspect CFC more likely. Blackburn midfield next season will have Formica and Petrovic in the mid field... Has Steve Kean been playing FM? Would have loved Petrovic at CFC to fill in for Essien. Next thing we know they'll be signing Kadlec/Traore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back