Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
oO) <-- jealous face. Anyways, I would like Pastore playing in England, always admired the kid.

oO) <-- jealous face. Anyways, I would like Pastore playing in England, always admired the kid.

I'm jealous of everyone on this thread. Must be nice to be linked to players :'(

I was sorta referring to the coveted Asia trophy that Chelsea haven't won yet but yeah, I suppose I could be jealous that no one wants to join little ol' Wigan XD although we have been distantly rumoured to be lining up a move for Thiago's younger brother.

I was sorta referring to the coveted Asia trophy that Chelsea haven't won yet but yeah, I suppose I could be jealous that no one wants to join little ol' Wigan XD although we have been distantly rumoured to be lining up a move for Thiago's younger brother.

Least you have the money where you can match a £150,000 bid for a goal keeper XD

so because we had one bad season, we suddenly are a useless club now? seems like u forgot who has been winning cups for the past 7/8 years

We have great ambition as a club, a great owner who is willing to spend to bring top players in, a great manager and great world-class players

And we hardly need a overhaul, we came to within touching distance of winning the EPL and if we have just brought in more players to act as cover we could have even won something last season....and if u read AVBs interviews yo will understand why I am saying this

Yes you do need an overhaul; your wage bill is £172m p/a, this is the highest in the league. With FFP, you'll be stuffed. The players on the highest wages are the likes of Drogba, Torres, Terry, Lampard, Cole etc... The average age of that group of five players is in the high 20's at least. Too many key positions in the Chelsea 11 are occupied by 30-plus-year-old players. In the Premier League:
Didier Drogba—striker—age 33, scored 29 goals from 31 games last season; this season, a year later, he’s only managed 11 goals from 36 games.

Nicolas Anelka—striker—age 32, scored 11 goals in 31 games last season; this season, a year later, he’s only managed 6 goals from 31 games.

Florent Malouda—attacking midfielder—age 30, scored 12 goals in 26 games last season; this season, a year later, he’s only managed 13 goals in 37 games.

Frank Lampard—attacking midfielder—age 32, scored 22 goals in 36 games last season; this season, a year later, he’s only managed 10 goals in 23 games (Frank Lampard was injured though for a period of time this season).

These players are the ones entrusted with winning Chelsea their games; surely, because of their age, this shouldn’t be the case. The average age of these four players is 32, they have scored a whopping 34 goals less this season than they did by the end of last of season, and yet, this season, they have played on average the same number of games they played last season.

RE United; Ryan Giggs only played 25 games, Paul Scholes played 21 games, Park Ji Sung played 14 games and Rio Ferdinand played 19 games. In the United team, there is clearly no over dependence on the older players unlike Chelsea.

Yes you do need an overhaul; your wage bill is £172m p/a, this is the highest in the league. With FFP, you'll be stuffed. The players on the highest wages are the likes of Drogba, Torres, Terry, Lampard, Cole etc... The average age of that group of five players is in the high 20's at least. Too many key positions in the Chelsea 11 are occupied by 30-plus-year-old players. In the Premier League:
Didier Drogba—striker—age 33, scored 29 goals from 31 games last season; this season, a year later, he’s only managed 11 goals from 36 games.

Nicolas Anelka—striker—age 32, scored 11 goals in 31 games last season; this season, a year later, he’s only managed 6 goals from 31 games.

Florent Malouda—attacking midfielder—age 30, scored 12 goals in 26 games last season; this season, a year later, he’s only managed 13 goals in 37 games.

Frank Lampard—attacking midfielder—age 32, scored 22 goals in 36 games last season; this season, a year later, he’s only managed 10 goals in 23 games (Frank Lampard was injured though for a period of time this season).

These players are the ones entrusted with winning Chelsea their games; surely, because of their age, this shouldn’t be the case. The average age of these four players is 32, they have scored a whopping 34 goals less this season than they did by the end of last of season, and yet, this season, they have played on average the same number of games they played last season.

RE United; Ryan Giggs only played 25 games, Paul Scholes played 21 games, Park Ji Sung played 14 games and Rio Ferdinand played 19 games. In the United team, there is clearly no over dependence on the older players unlike Chelsea.

ok thats your opinion I really dont feel like going into this right now.... its up to AVB to decide what he wants to do with which player and as far as I am concerned if he thinks a player should be kept then I am all for it

And we have got the money if we want an overhaul of the squad but i doubt we are going to do it particularly as we did well this season, I just feel we need to polish our squad by adding 2-3 more youngsters to give our team legs and add some extra cover

He stated facts, not opinions.

And to overhaul going by recent Chelsea signings and targets won't come cheap on the wage bill either.

He stated facts, not opinions.

And to overhaul going by recent Chelsea signings and targets won't come cheap on the wage bill either.

sorry mate but as as I saw it, just because Drogba had malaria, Lamps was injured, our form was ****, we had to accomodate Torres etc.

he never mentioned those things and all these factors affect the squad and their formation/style of play which may have affected our players indvidual performances and as for the wage bill, it all depends on Roman as far as I am concerned we do not need to panic just bcause we did not win a trophy for one season....

sorry mate but as as I saw it, just because Drogba had malaria, Lamps was injured, our form was ****, we had to accomodate Torres etc.

he never mentioned those things and all these factors affect the squad and their formation/style of play which may have affected our players indvidual performances and as for the wage bill, it all depends on Roman as far as I am concerned we do not need to panic just bcause we did not win a trophy for one season....

Roman clearly did panic. He panicked in January... And then sacked Ancelotti at the end of the season. Man Utd's awful away form, and Arsenal's capitulation saved your season and gave you a tiny chance of winning the league. Considering in January you spent £75m and were looking like you were going to finish outside the top 3, if not the top 4, I'd say your season wasn't really "good".

Romeu is 19, Courtous is a GK - those are your only 2 signings so far no? Look what happened last season when you tried to bring through young players immediately. They need time to bed in - you can't just chuck them in the deep end when one of your older players inevitably gets injured/drops form, so your comment that the signings you have made will "give your team legs" and "provide cover" is kind of void.

You don't need an overhaul (I don't think anyone has suggested you do) but you do need investment, and you do need to get older player on high wages of your bills to make room for new, younGER (not too young) signings on lower wages.

---------- Post added at 01:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:21 PM ----------

Anyway, back to the rumours and the Metro have exclusive news of Bendtner's imminent move, which should be good. We've signed Gervinho who can play wide-right and up front (where NB52 was played last season) so not worried about our quickly diminishing squad being further affected by his departure. Good player, but his ego prevented him from becoming as good as he can be and getting his head down. Spent too much time complaining about his role in the team and not enough time working hard to change his role in the team.

Nicklas Bendtner spotted in Portugal to conclude Sporting Lisbon transfer | Metro.co.uk

I second that. Not because I don't want Chelsea to get him, but because he may prove a boost to Ligue 1.

This. Apparently PSG have signed (or are close to signing) Salvatore Sirigu too....really looking forward to watching them this season.

Lets hope they pass the FFP, want to see what they can do in europe the season after, if they do as well as i expect

Well Mike, they all will have some ridiculous sponsors as City did.. Looks like a massive loop hole is exploited, if UEFA wont act on it then there is a risk of whole FFP becoming laughing stock.. Hopefully not :(

I see what your saying Joss, Nasri will probably play CM with Wilshere and Song DM. Mata to AFC is the strong rumour but I suspect CFC more likely. Blackburn midfield next season will have Formica and Petrovic in the mid field... Has Steve Kean been playing FM? Would have loved Petrovic at CFC to fill in for Essien. Next thing we know they'll be signing Kadlec/Traore...

Radosav Petrovic ? From Partizan ? If so you don't know **** about football XD

Well Mike, they all will have some ridiculous sponsors as City did.. Looks like a massive loop hole is exploited, if UEFA wont act on it then there is a risk of whole FFP becoming laughing stock.. Hopefully not :(

It isnt a loophole, as the judgement is there. Its upto UEFA to show some balls

It isnt a loophole, as the judgement is there. Its upto UEFA to show some balls

I meant if it passes FFP then it will be considered as a loophole..

Yeah hopefully UEFA has the balls to make decisions..

Radosav Petrovic ? From Partizan ? If so you don't know **** about football XD
?
49 league apps for Partizan in 2 years scoring 16 goals and only getting 8 bookings in two season's are pretty good stats for a CDM in my opinion...

Could be wrong Van but I would like to think I know a little about football and Petrovic is not half bad...

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Best speculation piece of the summer so far out of Italy, courtesy of TuttoSport who did a piece 'analysing' who Juventus were targeting to replace Bonucci.

Nemanja Vidic is reportedly their number one target and the Italian news agency think Juve are preparing a 15 million pounds bid.

Other targets they are claiming are Ivanovic and Hummels...

Laughably naive rumours, I think personally they will sign Lugano and it will probably happen pretty soon since his agents talking to Marotta in Milan today so that should be tied up soon.

I've heard some crazy deluded mentions this summer but Vidic to Juve for 15 million tips the pile of steaming cow pat I can take from Tuttosport.

?
49 league apps for Partizan in 2 years scoring 16 goals and only getting 8 bookings in two season's are pretty good stats for a CDM in my opinion...

Could be wrong Van but I would like to think I know a little about football and Petrovic is not half bad...

---------- Post added at 03:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:59 PM ----------

Best speculation piece of the summer so far out of Italy, courtesy of TuttoSport who did a piece 'analysing' who Juventus were targeting to replace Bonucci.

Nemanja Vidic is reportedly their number one target and the Italian news agency think Juve are preparing a 15 million pounds bid.

Other targets they are claiming are Ivanovic and Hummels...

Laughably naive rumours, I think personally they will sign Lugano and it will probably happen pretty soon since his agents talking to Marotta in Milan today so that should be tied up soon.

I've heard some crazy deluded mentions this summer but Vidic to Juve for 15 million tips the pile of steaming cow pat I can take from Tuttosport.

Jolean Lescot wrong side of £20mil, Phil Jones £12mil... If you Juve really think that £15mil would tempt Sir Alex to sell (not that he would for any price in my opinion) they are more deluded than I thought. Surely a bullshit romour?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back