Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Barton as a free agent wont be a bad signing for any team in the league IMO.. If not for Top 2 or 3 teams he can do job for rest of the teams. Everton should sign him..

Barton as a free agent wont be a bad signing for any team in the league IMO.. If not for Top 2 or 3 teams he can do job for rest of the teams. Everton should sign him..

But of course 'free' doesn't mean free. Extortionate signing-on fees, huge wages, etc.

Please sign him Warnock! :wub: Somehow I doubt it :'(

Or he may not be getting released on a free.

Edit. Okay he is. Transfer listed but can leave on a free.

You know, Newcastle never fail to amaze me. Joey Barton was a different character last season, made a huge step in changing his personality, was great on the pitch. And this is his reward? Jesus wept.

Last edited:
Or he may not be getting released on a free.

Edit. You know, Newcastle never fail to amaze me. Joey Barton was a different character last season, made a huge step in changing his personality, was great on the pitch. And this is his reward? Jesus wept.

Barton has been openly critical of Ashley's dealings ever since the first Nolan summer bid (Maybe earlier but I can't remember), claiming that the club was more interested in profit than progress - I remember he suggested him and Jonás would be the first to leave once Nolan was gone. Probably the relationship between him, Ashley or Pardew (or both) finally broke down and they decided to let him go. We all know how Barton can be when he wants to be Barton.

That said I wouldn't mind having him over at Everton as long as he remains the 'tame' Joey Barton of late.

Barton has been openly critical of Ashley's dealings ever since the first Nolan summer bid (Maybe earlier but I can't remember), claiming that the club was more interested in profit than progress - I remember he suggested him and Jonás would be the first to leave once Nolan was gone. Probably the relationship between him, Ashley or Pardew (or both) finally broke down and they decided to let him go. We all know how Barton can be when he wants to be Barton.

That said I wouldn't mind having him over at Everton as long as he remains the 'tame' Joey Barton of late.

I suspect it's more to do with Ashley tbh. Would love to him at Goodison. We love the workhorses who put in a shift for the course, and we badly need cover. All depends on wages though. Be lots of clubs after him, and he'd pretty much slot right in anywhere

Haha brilliant! And he recently called Balotelli "The Renegade" ha, even Balo has some catching up to get to Bartons renegade level yet

I can pretty much picture Balotelli looking at Barton and saying "Dude, teach me" like in 40 y/o virgin.

I can pretty much picture Balotelli looking at Barton and saying "Dude, teach me" like in 40 y/o virgin.

While Cassano and Diouf stand near by nodding their approval!

Barton is a decent player though, worth having in a team as long as there isn't too much hassle from him

has there ever been a club that has had such controversy and *****?

Everton have indeed declared interest, and a club abroad has aswell. be watching this one

Everton have indeed declared interest, and a club abroad has aswell. be watching this one

From only signing a couple youngsters and signing Barton, there's a big difference, and one I'd be pleased with.

It seems Newcastle are trying to get the fans riled up.

First they sell Andy Carroll in January leaving them short of fire power for the rest of the season. Although this transfer made financial sense (£35m for a striker with half a season experience in PL to a team more likely to win silverware).

Then they sell their captain and top goalscorer from last season for peanuts to a club that has just been relegated. Seemed like they didn't really fight to keep him either. If I recall correctly too, wasn't Nolan a boyhood Newcastle fan? :$

Now they're letting Barton (arguably their best player overall last season) go for FREE after telling him earlier in the summer that they wouldn't offer him a new contract and yet he still said he was committed to the club and wanted to stay and would give his all etc.

They look certain to lose Jose Enrique too at some point (although this would also make financial sense as he has 1 year left and he's going to a bigger club if rumours are true).

Just seems as if they're breaking their entire core of players up.. Really makes no sense at all imo.

First they sell Andy Carroll in January leaving them short of fire power for the rest of the season. Although this transfer made financial sense (£35m for a striker with half a season experience in PL to a team more likely to win silverware).

Then they sell their captain and top goalscorer from last season for peanuts to a club that has just been relegated. Seemed like they didn't really fight to keep him either. If I recall correctly too, wasn't Nolan a boyhood Newcastle fan? :$

Now they're letting Barton (arguably their best player overall last season) go for FREE after telling him earlier in the summer that they wouldn't offer him a new contract and yet he still said he was committed to the club and wanted to stay and would give his all etc.

They look certain to lose Jose Enrique too at some point (although this would also make financial sense as he has 1 year left and he's going to a bigger club if rumours are true).

Just seems as if they're breaking their entire core of players up.. Really makes no sense at all imo.

They bought Cabaye which is why they didn't want to fight for Nolan.

He's a scouser! :o

But surely you'd fight for your captain/top goalscorer?

Thought Barton was the Scouser and Nolan was a Geordie...

Not really when you get someone better. I was surprised they dumped Barton because Cabaye and Barton centrally seemed the obvious choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back