Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Benfica's keeper Roberto has been sold to Zaragoza, 8,6 million euros (at least that's what they say ;) .

:O
About Palacios, he's great destroyer.

He's no better than Barton, although obviously they play different roles, I would say Barton was a better all round footballer.

Either way, the point still stands that Barton could play for a top 6 team, he probably doesn't warrant a starting position, but he would be a good squad player. I could see him being a starter at Everton/Villa.. well anyone out of the top 6 really.

Belgium reports: Arsenal will make a move to sign defender Daniel Van Buyten on a free transfer for January 2012, the player and his agent are welcome to the move.

I bet they are.

That's all Arsenal need, a 33 year old French speaking CB with no pace and prone to injuries.

On the bright side he has played striker in the Bundesliga for Bayern, I say striker more of a targetman...I say targetman more of a large object in the opposition half...I say large, he's average...

Sounds like JUST what Arsenal need, all those pundits screaming for 'experience at the back' well fear not because if there is one thing Van Buyten brings it's 'experience'.

You know what I rarely swear/curse but I feel this situation calls for it...

''I *it you not.''

Last edited:
Belgium reports: Arsenal will make a move to sign defender Daniel Van Buyten on a free transfer for January 2012, the player and his agent are welcome to the move.

5 years to late :(

So whats happened to the Gunners interest in Gary Cahill? It's obvious they've lost the battle to sign Jagielka (thank christ), so why not put an offer in? Or Samba?

Man City linked with 22m pound move for Nasri. And bid should be made in the next 24 hours.

The Sun....not a good source but hopefully true.

So whats happened to the Gunners interest in Gary Cahill? It's obvious they've lost the battle to sign Jagielka (thank christ), so why not put an offer in? Or Samba?

Is it?! I heard some bookies have stopped taking bets on Jagielka joining Arsenal... I doubt we're in for Van Buyten tbh - Wenger has said he wants PL experience and has said he wants to add a defender this window.

I think we're very much still in for Jagielka. Blackburn are being silly buggers and upping their asking price every other week, so I think we've pulled out of that for now. Cahill is still an option I guess, but rumours have stopped circulating about him lately...

22 M ? thats nothing he WONT be going imo

Thats a very good price for a player who has only 1-year left of his contract and is refusing to commit. And reading the article and Wengers last comments about Nasris situation......Arsenal could relucantly accept the offer. (If it's true that City will make a 22m bid)

Is it?! I heard some bookies have stopped taking bets on Jagielka joining Arsenal... I doubt we're in for Van Buyten tbh - Wenger has said he wants PL experience and has said he wants to add a defender this window.

I think we're very much still in for Jagielka. Blackburn are being silly buggers and upping their asking price every other week, so I think we've pulled out of that for now. Cahill is still an option I guess, but rumours have stopped circulating about him lately...

Wasn't aware they'd stopped taking bets....interesting. But to be honest, the longer you hear nothing about a transfer, the chances of getting that player (in most cases) pretty much disappear. Plus he wants a 4 year deal on £100,000 per week. Cahill is the better option imo (saying that without the bias), mainly because he'll be a better long term investment because of his age. I know Jagielka has experience and what have you, but Cahill is just as effective. There's very, if any, difference between the two.

Thats a very good price for a player who has only 1-year left of his contract and is refusing to commit. And reading the article and Wengers last comments about Nasris situation......Arsenal could relucantly accept the offer. (If it's true that City will make a 22m bid)

Wengers last comments were that he'd rather lose him next year on a on a free, but that he is confident on a deal. He isnt interested in the cash, he wants him for footballing reasons

They rejected £20m from United, don't think an extra £2m is going to turn his head.

Wasn't aware they'd stopped taking bets....interesting. But to be honest, the longer you hear nothing about a transfer, the chances of getting that player (in most cases) pretty much disappear. Plus he wants a 4 year deal on £100,000 per week. Cahill is the better option imo (saying that without the bias), mainly because he'll be a better long term investment because of his age. I know Jagielka has experience and what have you, but Cahill is just as effective. There's very, if any, difference between the two.

Not sure we're looking for a particularly long-term investment. If anything, it's the opposite. We want a player who can play for 2/3 years at the top of his game, bringing valuable experience to an already young side (Vermaelen and Kos are same age as Cahill, yet they're often described as being "inexperienced", at least Kos is) and then being able to move aside when

a) His ability begins to decline with age

b) Bartley/Miquel can come in. Cahill would block their development for the next 5+ years most likely, because we would have 4 first team defenders all of a similar age.

Don't know if the bookies thing is true, just a rumour coming from Merseyside. And Jagielka rumours much more alive than Cahill ones, I believe. At the end of last week (I think!), the rumours were sort of inter-twined with the Mata ones - "Arsenal look to sign Mata, increase bid for Jagielka and try to keep Cesc" is what I read...

Wengers last comments were that he'd rather lose him next year on a on a free, but that he is confident on a deal. He isnt interested in the cash, he wants him for footballing reasons

Wenger said a few days ago that the nasri situation should be sorted in 10 days. I dont know what it means but it could mean that sign the contract or leave.

Dunno about the United bid...have United actually made a bid? I thought it was just interest/enquiry. And if the bid was made...it could have been made at the wrong time.

I have a feeling Nasri could be playing against United alongside Aguero on sunday. :D

22m take it or leave it offer from City..according to reports.

22 M ? thats nothing he WONT be going imo

How is 22m for a player who had a good 6 months with 1 year left on his contract 'nothing'?

Virtually paying 22m for a season long loan for Nasri on Arsenal's part.

Wenger said a few days ago that the nasri situation should be sorted in 10 days. I dont know what it means but it could mean that sign the contract or leave.

Dunno about the United bid...have United actually made a bid? I thought it was just interest/enquiry. And if the bid was made...it could have been made at the wrong time.

I have a feeling Nasri could be playing against United alongside Aguero on sunday. :D

22m take it or leave it offer from City..according to reports.

Arsenal will leave it, they dont want t sell him, by resolved he means either he will sign or not sign, but Wenger has no intention of selling, especially not for 22M. Not sure what you mean by bid at the wrong time, if anything he was more likely to leave then.

I'm willing to bet he wont be playing on sunday

On Fifa 11? as thats the only way you will see him in a city shirt !

Got a feeling he may be sold. Didn't think his head was in it in pre-season. Looked very lack-lustre. We will find out more on both Cesc and Nasri on Thursday anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back