Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
[video=youtube;B2tfsrY1AQo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2tfsrY1AQo[/video]

Oh Milan, that run on your debut was brilliant, and that air-header was beautiful. But it wasn't to be...you're ****.

Turkey: Yildrim is in contact with a 'historic English club' about a move. No idea who, I would normally say CFC because of their prolonged interest but I genuinely can't say who because I don't know 100%.

Also if Fenerbache get relegated then half of their players will be released, Lugano in particular...Wenger are you listening?

Milan Jovanovic deal- Liverpool have actually PAID Anderlecht to get rid of him, one of subsidiary of around 500k to help soften Jova's move. I think Liverpool are planning a move on an Anderlecht youngster, maybe one of their young defenders.

€17m Osvaldo bid from Athleti rejected, Gilardino closer to PSG, Montolivo could be Mancini's next midfield target after De Rossi verbally agreed to a renewal at Roma, Cerci move to MCFC gets closer as the two clubs work to find a compromise on Fiorentina's €7m demands.

Rumour of the day out of Italy courtesy of Tuttosport: AC Milan to offer Antonio Cassano in a swap for Liverpool's Alberto Aquilani. lol.

Keep Cassano out of England at all costs, the guy's a *** menace who enjoys junk food, like he can put on 20 pounds a week when he's in a binge. Him and Lavezzi are known (publicly) for their tastes in prostitutes/strip bars, god knows why that's acceptable, and I think he will be surprised when he finds out what those 2 'occupations' look like in Liverpool!

Genuine quote from Aurelio De Laurentiis: ''Ezequiel wants a bigger club? I want him to stop seeing Naples prostitutes but he doesn't so why should I let him join a bigger club?'' Brilliant.

Last edited:
Turkey: Yildrim is in contact with a 'historic English club' about a move. No idea who, I would normally say CFC because of their prolonged interest but I genuinely can't say who because I don't know 100%.

Oh Jamie, you so funny. You think 8 years is a long history? ;)

Oh Jamie, you so funny. You think 8 years is a long history? ;)

Hence why I said 'normally say Chelsea', I know we aren't historic don't you worry. ;)

But then again what else is the guys agent going to say?

We're talking with an oil rich club in England?

Notts County are a historic club, maybe it's them.

He's no better than Barton, although obviously they play different roles, I would say Barton was a better all round footballer.

Either way, the point still stands that Barton could play for a top 6 team, he probably doesn't warrant a starting position, but he would be a good squad player. I could see him being a starter at Everton/Villa.. well anyone out of the top 6 really.

Point stands about Barton, he can play in top 6 team ( he wouldn't be starter), but no way he's better than Carrick. Anyway, that my opinion.

Spurs have tabled a bid for Chris Samba tonight, involving a fee and Bassong in part exchange.

Expecting it to be rejected but only on the basis that the fee is very small.

Let me get this straight, whilst Wenger's lining up a pre contract for Van Buyten to sign on a free in January Harry Redknapp is sneaking in and buying a guy who IMO is perfect for Arsenal?

This is getting crazy Arsene, even I your biggest fan is starting to wonder what on earth is going on with you.

Spurs have tabled a bid for Chris Samba tonight, involving a fee and Bassong in part exchange.

Expecting it to be rejected but only on the basis that the fee is very small.

Let me get this straight, whilst Wenger's lining up a pre contract for Van Buyten to sign on a free in January Harry Redknapp is sneaking in and buying a guy who IMO is perfect for Arsenal?

This is getting crazy Arsene, even I your biggest fan is starting to wonder what on earth is going on with you.

I cant believe he is chasing Van Buyten, i really think its bollocks, because if the above is true, and arsenal fail to win a trophy he deserves the sack

Heard rumours of Manchester being interested in Benfica player Nicolas Gaitan, having made a 11 million euros bid (just rumours though).
In case this is true... for that price it is definitely a no-no. xD

I cant believe he is chasing Van Buyten, i really think its bollocks, because if the above is true, and arsenal fail to win a trophy he deserves the sack

Doubt it's true, Wenger's intelligent enough to realise it's not the right move to make and to recognise real pressure's being put on him now to deliver with some signings.

Every instinct tells me he will sign a Vertonghen/Defender but then again, he seems content to let Clichy go and replace him with GIBBS and TRAORE which is a mad move in itself.

IF Wenger doesn't sign a CB and a LB I can see AFC being in trouble, he knows this I would hope. If he buys say a Jagielka and his idea is to put Vermaelen LB and Jag/Koscielny CB then even that is absolutely bonkers.

I read this piece by a Belgian-German journalist on Van Buyten and I found myself alot more inclined to trust it than distrust it.

Wenger is the sort of person to wait until someone's contract runs out and sign them for free and he has a 'thing' for French speaking 30+ CBs so who knows. If we said he was signing Sylvestre/Squillaci 6 months before he did we would have thought exactly the same. This is just getting out of hand, he needs to make a CB signing soon to avoid people saying ''he needs a good pre season under his belt to settle in'' because I KNOW that's what people will say if he signs late and he flops.

OK, so there is a now a pretty good chance that if PSG offer 20M for Dimi we may sell :(. Unless we then buy another striker it's not a good deal

Every instinct tells me he will sign a Vertonghen/Defender but then again, he seems content to let Clichy go and replace him with GIBBS and TRAORE which is a mad move in itself.

IF Wenger doesn't sign a CB and a LB I can see AFC being in trouble, he knows this I would hope. If he buys say a Jagielka and his idea is to put Vermaelen LB and Jag/Koscielny CB then even that is absolutely bonkers.

I read this piece by a Belgian-German journalist on Van Buyten and I found myself alot more inclined to trust it than distrust it.

Wenger is the sort of person to wait until someone's contract runs out and sign them for free and he has a 'thing' for French speaking 30+ CBs so who knows. If we said he was signing Sylvestre/Squillaci 6 months before he did we would have thought exactly the same. This is just getting out of hand, he needs to make a CB signing soon to avoid people saying ''he needs a good pre season under his belt to settle in'' because I KNOW that's what people will say if he signs late and he flops.

He needs to understand that his three preferred targets are going to be expensive, man up take the hit and buy one

OK, so there is a now a pretty good chance that if PSG offer 20M for Dimi we may sell :(. Unless we then buy another striker it's not a good deal

£20m would be a fantastic price to say he's 30 though, as much as I do like Dimi.

Should totally replace with Rossi. :wub::wub::wub::wub:

£20m would be a fantastic price to say he's 30 though, as much as I do like Dimi.

Should totally replace with Rossi. :wub::wub::wub::wub:

Could live with that, otherwise it doesnt make sense

You will just plunder the money into signing Sneijder probably.

Alot people saying you don't need Berba, I would argue that alot of MUFC fans seem to forget that they are expecting Rooney and Hernandez to play all the games and Macheda to step up and replace Berba's goals.

That is a huge ask. I'm Macheda's biggest fan but I fear Owen could play more games and that is my worry.

Hugely under appreciated by alot of MUFC fans I've spoke to, they seem to forget Berba's goals and role in link up play. I really don't think MUFC will replace him either sadly, will just step Owen who they gave a new contract to for doing *ss all up.

To summarise: I know it makes sense to sell, but I'm not liking the fact that Owen got a new contract and he didn't.

The chance of a bid from PSG has probably levelled off today, there's a fairly big suspicion they have bid but nothing wholy concrete.

Alot people saying you don't need Berba, I would argue that alot of MUFC fans seem to forget that they are expecting Rooney and Hernandez to play all the games and Macheda to step up and replace Berba's goals.

That is a huge ask. I'm Macheda's biggest fan but I fear Owen could play more games and that is my worry.

Hugely under appreciated by alot of MUFC fans I've spoke to, they seem to forget Berba's goals and role in link up play. I really don't think MUFC will replace him either sadly, will just step Owen who they gave a new contract to for doing *ss all up.

To summarise: I know it makes sense to sell, but I'm not liking the fact that Owen got a new contract and he didn't.

The chance of a bid from PSG has probably levelled off today, there's a fairly big suspicion they have bid but nothing wholy concrete.

This. Dimi needs to be more consistent away from home, but he is a "can opener" a mercurial genius up front. Not many players in the world like him

Agreed on Berbatov, his technique and intelligence on the pitch is second to none. I'd be sad to see him go unless a younger replacement comes in (Rossi <333).

I can't believe Owen got a new contract and Hargreaves didn't get a pay as you play deal type thing, unless Hargreaves didn't want such a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back