Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal will leave it, they dont want t sell him, by resolved he means either he will sign or not sign, but Wenger has no intention of selling, especially not for 22M. Not sure what you mean by bid at the wrong time, if anything he was more likely to leave then.

I'm willing to bet he wont be playing on sunday

Wrong time = early in the market. Maybe Wenger just wanted more time to try to convince him to sign a contract? But if he is losing the battle and it looks like that he wont sign....Arsenal might sell him now when the time is running out.

I'd take Wengers words with a pinch of salt. Im not willing to bet....:P But ít's possible...

Last edited:
Wrong time = early in the market. Maybe Wenger just wanted more time to try to convince him to sign a contract? But if he is losing the battle and it looks like that he wont sign....Arsenal might sell him now when the time is running out.

I'd take Wengers words with a pinch of salt.

Early on Wenger was actually more resigned to losing him, now hes actually become increasingly confident. Funny how you take his words with a pinch of salt because it doesnt go with what you want

Early on Wenger was actually more resigned to losing him, now hes actually become increasingly confident. Funny how you take his words with a pinch of salt because it doesnt go with what you want

You make it sound like im obessed with Nasri. And trying to convince myself that he will sign for City. Na na na....i would like Nasri but no problem if he stays.

How has Wenger grown more confident? Does it seem like he is close to signing a new contract? I think he is getting more frustrated with the situation every passing day.

A few reports in Spain suggest that Barcelona have/will make there final offer of 37M + 5M Variables for Fabregas.

Last edited:
You make it sound like im obessed with Nasri. And trying to convince myself that he will sign for City. Na na na....i would like Nasri but no problem if he stays.

How has Wenger grown more confident? Does it seem like he is close to signing a new contract? I think he is getting more frustrated with the situation every passing day.

If you listen to what he says about it he has become increasingly bullish about it, in contrast to earlier in the window. He thinks he can get him to sign, and if not he'll still keep him for a year. He made it clear that he wont let it drag on so he isnt playing for time

A few reports in Spain suggest that Barcelona have/will make there final offer of 37M + 5M Variables for Fabregas.

That's € - so £37m in total with the add-ons included. If true, I think we may have to accept it unfortunately. Just to put an end to this saga.

That's € - so £37m in total with the add-ons included. If true, I think we may have to accept it unfortunately. Just to put an end to this saga.

Yeah. I'm pretty sure it will be accepted. Even though it's still below Cesc's value IMO.

Sky Sports Italia say Sneijder and MUFC have agreed a deal...

Bollocks.

Sky Sports Italia say Sneijder and MUFC have agreed a deal...

Bollocks.

Sneijder under Fergie. I'm worried and pleased at the same time. Can't wait to see Wes in the EPL. Class player.

Sneijder under Fergie. I'm worried and pleased at the same time. Can't wait to see Wes in the EPL. Class player.

Obviously will be estatic, and not just becuase he could be joining us, there has been some real quality join the Prem this summer, very excited to watch them all. Hoping Mata arrives too.

Obviously will be estatic, and not just becuase he could be joining us, there has been some real quality join the Prem this summer, very excited to watch them all. Hoping Mata arrives too.

Believe me, I'm hoping Mata joins too. ;)

The Telegraph appear to insistent Jose Enrique is close to moving to a club (Liverpool). Other sources just aren't so sure

For something like 6-8 million a good deal, a-la Finnan, a safe player who should do well.

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

Jovanovic agrees personal terms with Anderlecht

Anderlecht manager Herman Van Holsbeeck will fly to Liverpool today to seal the Milan Jovanovic deal. The biggest hurdle already has been taken: Anderlecht reached an agreement with Jovanovic about his yearly wage. The defeat to OH Leuven led to worries at Anderlecht and the club wants to strengthen their squad. 'Today I'll travel along with Herman Van Holsbeeck to Liverpool', says his agent, Dejan Veljkovic. 'Milan still has a contract and there are a couple of other issues we have to deal with.'

The first offer, rejected by Jovanovic, was a three-year-contract with a wage of 3,5 million euros. The new offer contains a shorter contract length but a higher salary. Liverpool are prepared to let the player go on a free. Veljkovic: 'There are other clubs interested in Milan, but he prefers Anderlecht.'

Sportwereld - Jovanovic rond met Anderlecht

If we end up bidding for/getting barton I'm going to rage so hard.

Steer clear pls.

On the PSG interest in Berbatov:
I'd happily take £18m for an aging player with a year left on his contract, and I don't think we'd even need to reinvest in another forward. That said, I'd prefer to tie him down to a new contract for another 3 years +. His career could easily go on for another 5 years or more, having retired from international football and based his game around his technical and mental attributes rather than physical ones. He is the best forward in the world at what he does (even better than Ibra imo)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back