Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must have got my Serbs and my Montenegrins mixed up, Vucinic/Savic etc my mistake... ^^)

We all know Bosnia is where the real talent lies....
Ibrahimovic, Corluka, Koroman, Arnautovic, Marko Marin.... if they all decided to play for Bosnia, Bosnia would be machine.

Not if you dont replace him

Of course, but if he was to go I am sure United would have some plan.

Whether that is signing a direct replacement or perhaps if Sneijder was to come then they would be able to use him in Rooney's role. Macheda and Wellbeck have to make the step up sometime. I have confidence in SAF whatever happens.

Of course, but if he was to go United would have some plan.

Whether that is signing a direct replacement or perhaps if Sneijder was to come then they would be able to use him in Rooney's role. Macheda and Wellbeck have to make the step up sometime. I have confidence in SAF whatever happens.

Macheda and Welbeck cant do what he can do. Players like him are rare, we would be simply be adapting, not improving, by selling him and not getting a similar player

Of course, but if he was to go I am sure United would have some plan.

Still... Berbatov > Macheda, Owen, Welbeck, Hernandez ( it's true). Who care if he's 31... he's lazy so he should have enough stamina for whole match

So many people underestimate Berba's role and they expect Hernandez to score the 20 or so goals Berba did. I think Chicharito will have a good season but you can't rely on him and Rooney!

I have faith in Macheda but if United sell Berba and don't bring in another striker I worry for them.

Reason I'm sceptical that Fergie has been given funds: Vidal was a no brainer for me, versatile and at the very least would be a sensational sub and rotation player. Cheap fee and his wages are around 60k a week, for me personally knowing MUFC were aware of him that's a no brainer.

I don't think they will buy a new striker if I'm being honest and it's sad.

Saying that if he has money and is being wise with it it's alot better than LFC's policy.

Still... Berbatov > Macheda, Owen, Welbeck, Hernandez ( it's true). Who care if he's 31... he's lazy so he should have enough stamina for whole match

Of course he is a great player, but if we got 20mill for him then that would be to good to turn down. Never heard someone saying being lazy is beneficial.

That 20mill could be spent on someone younger. Whatever happens SAF will know what he is doing.

Redknapp should be going for one player primarily - Fernando Llorente. Would be absolutely perfect in our formation. He's just the perfected version of Crouch. He scores goals, can play up top on his own, link up the play and is big and strong.

Would only cost 20-25m? We're playing Athletic on the 6th in a friendly at WHL so maybe that will open Redknapp's eyes a bit.

Wouldn't mind a bit of Abel Hernandez if we can't get Llorente.

So many people underestimate Berba's role and they expect Hernandez to score the 20 or so goals Berba did. I think Chicharito will have a good season but you can't rely on him and Rooney!

I have faith in Macheda but if United sell Berba and don't bring in another striker I worry for them.

Reason I'm sceptical that Fergie has been given funds: Vidal was a no brainer for me, versatile and at the very least would be a sensational sub and rotation player. Cheap fee and his wages are around 60k a week, for me personally knowing MUFC were aware of him that's a no brainer.

I don't think they will buy a new striker if I'm being honest and it's sad.

Saying that if he has money and is being wise with it it's alot better than LFC's policy.

we definitely have funds. United's business is driven by wages not transfer fees.

RE: Vidal. United want Sneijder badly, Modric was an alternative and Nasri opportunistic, not really wanting anyone else unless absolutely certain they cant get sneijder. Wants the rest of the midfield to develop

Last edited:
Of course he is a great player, but if we got 20mill for him then that would be to good to turn down. Never heard someone saying being lazy is beneficial.

That 20mill could be spent on someone younger. Whatever happens SAF will know what he is doing.

Lazy players tire slower... its proved XD. We need Berbatov more than we need Sneijder IMHO. Anderson could step in, but im skeptic about him.
About Ganso... why ? Why's he so good ? He's no better then Anderson ( maybe I'm wrong).

Redknapp should be going for one player primarily - Fernando Llorente. Would be absolutely perfect in our formation. He's just the perfected version of Crouch. He scores goals, can play up top on his own, link up the play and is big and strong.

Would only cost 20-25m? We're playing Athletic on the 6th in a friendly at WHL so maybe that will open Redknapp's eyes a bit.

He is a primary target, 35 million euros is the tag Athletic Bilbao have put on him. They wont sell for less in my opinion especially with Bielsa at the helm.

Levy just needs to stump up some cash and sign big, him and Coulibaly will be deadly. And Shaqiri who I've mentioned before who your in for in Basel atm bidding with other clubs for him. Would be nice if you can pull him off and sell Kranjcar/Defoe/Crouch.

Giovanni is very close to his move to Udinese so there is 7-8 million euros coming in right there.

Lazy players tire slower... its proved XD. We need Berbatov more than we need Sneijder IMHO. Anderson could step in, but im skeptic about him.
About Ganso... why ? Why's he so good ? He's no better then Anderson ( maybe I'm wrong).

Berbatov isnt lazy, he actually covers more ground per game than Tevez did for us, he actually covers lots of ground without ever getting into a sprint

Don't mean to start any arguments but just going to raise a point.

Llorente is a terrific player but would he really go to Spurs? Athletic finished 5th last season (?) and are in the Europe league, he is at his boy hood club and is still attracting interest from the 2 big clubs in Spain. Would he really want to move? Bit of a sideways move wouldn't be?

He is a primary target, 35 million euros is the tag Athletic Bilbao have put on him. They wont sell for less in my opinion especially with Bielsa at the helm.

Levy just needs to stump up some cash and sign big, him and Coulibaly will be deadly. And Shaqiri who I've mentioned before who your in for in Basel atm bidding with other clubs for him. Would be nice if you can pull him off and sell Kranjcar/Defoe/Crouch.

Giovanni is very close to his move to Udinese so there is 7-8 million euros coming in right there.

Isn't this Shaqiri a left winger? For the supposed 10m ish transfer fee I would rather steer clear. Doesn't seem needed.

Hoping that Levy is waiting for the money from Giovani/Palacios/Keane/Hutton/Kranjcar to come through before he makes his big move.

Llorente is a terrific player but would he really go to Spurs? Athletic finished 5th last season (?) and are in the Europe league, he is at his boy hood club and is still attracting interest from the 2 big clubs in Spain. Would he really want to move? Bit of a sideways move wouldn't be?

Not sure if Bilbao have enough abut them to go CL, Spurs do, (despite redknapp). But the interest from the Big two is a stumbling block.

Berbatov isnt lazy, he actually covers more ground per game than Tevez did for us, he actually covers lots of ground without ever getting into a sprint
Ok, that's true I guess... but it doesn't change the fact that lazy players tire slower (A)

Isn't this Shaqiri a left winger? For the supposed 10m ish transfer fee I would rather steer clear. Doesn't seem needed.

Hoping that Levy is waiting for the money from Giovani/Palacios/Keane/Hutton/Kranjcar to come through before he makes his big move.

Mata's a left winger and it's been confirmed Spurs made an official bid last week and have been talking to Valencia, the first club to make an official bid. So Harry is obviously planning something...

Mata's not a CAM/CF don't be fooled, he's a LW.

Shaqiri is more of a right winger, he prefers cutting in on his left peg.

Spurs are the front runners, them and Fiorentina the big players in the auction for him.

Edit: Missed a bit with the opening line!

Last edited:

Yep, understand/agree with where your coming from, but can you really see Barca or Madrid going in for him? He doesn't suit the style of Barca and I think that Madrid with Neymar coming in aren't really looking for another striker? Reckon we could give him bigger wages then what he would be at, can't imagine he's on that much.

Can't think of any other clubs with that much interest in him tbh. Don't think any other clubs from England would be interested.

What the ****? why is 'Arry trying to bring in two wingers? am i missing something here?

Ok, that's true I guess... but it doesn't change the fact that lazy players tire slower (A)

Lazy players walk around, they don't really tire because they rarely ball chase.

Amauri has the same perception yet he's one of the best 'athletes' in Serie A for his physical build, they put their foot in if they think it's worth putting their foot in. They'll chase a ball if they think it's worth chasing, often big players are the more intelligent footballers in my opinion.

What the ****? why is 'Arry trying to bring in two wingers? am i missing something here?

I think he's going to play with 4 wingers and 4 central mid... that's why he needs so many midfielders.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back