Not open for further replies.
No he didnt.
Had a ratio of .97 goals in all comps
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fernando_Peyroteo

B
eat 1.61 a game

Theres probably better again but thats the best I know :P

Pedantic.

But fair point I stand corrected, Puskas point still stands...I can't believe you googled that yiche.

Should I have said ''not overall I mean at International level''?

I knew when I typed it someone would pull a guy in the Middle East/Eastern Europe out of the internet.

i agree with jamie about totti, hes a god....amauri not so much

Pedantic.

But fair point I stand corrected, Puskas point still stands...I can't believe you googled that yiche.

Should I have said ''not overall I mean at International level''?

I knew when I typed it someone would pull a guy in the Middle East/Eastern Europe out of the internet.

I actually heard of him years ago. If you look closely he actually played for Portugal. From what iv heard he was even better than Esubio...

I was simply stating you should check your facts.

And you stand corrected again. Just Fontaine had a far superior international record of 30 in 21 games which is shy of 1.5 a game compared to Puskas .98 pg.

Not starting an argument but simply stating you were wrong.

Liverpool have reportedly identified Dynamo Kiev defender Gerson Magrao as a potential summer acquisition.

Any thoughts on this guy?

Reports originated out of Kiev, 6 million euros is what Dynamo say they want for him.

Magrao had a decent season but is nothing spectacular, been linked with Spanish clubs in the past like Valencia. Nothing special and I doubt he's the target that Dynamo claim he is. More likely to move for Cissokho than take a punt on Magrao in my opinion.

And re Puskas comments: I didn't see the need to fact check as it was irrelevant to my point, I just meant he has an amazing goal scoring record and a career spanning decades during which time alongside Santiago Bernabeu and Di Stefano he built a club up. In my opinion out of those other 2 names you mentioned who have superior records, they did it neither at the level Puskas did it on, they did it neither on the stage Puskas did it on and I guarantee if you look back at their careers and compare honours/titles to Puskas' they will be far inferior.

It's late so maybe I slipped a generic line rather than saying 'one of if not the greatest ratio of goals to game in world football ever', you got the general comparison of Puskas-Pele/Maradonna and him not getting the same levels of praise despite better statistics. In fact your 2 examples actually help show even more my theory that moments make legends not statistics, thanks for that Steve. I may have came across infuriated but put it down to 2am in the morning syndrome, Magrao-No go story in my opinion, Kiev are trying to move him on for a decent fee most likely because the story originated from Kiev rather than Liverpool. Enrique/Cissokho/Perreira/Vargas more likely. IF the rumours about KK playing 3 at the back are true I would have said Vargas would be perfect but with Downing it makes it near on impossible that Juan will be at Anfield next season.

Anyway this debate has engulfed me for so long it's 2 hours past the time I should have been asleep so thanks for the debate gents as always it was a pleasure.

I actually heard of him years ago. If you look closely he actually played for Portugal. From what iv heard he was even better than Esubio...

And you stand corrected again. Just Fontaine had a far superior international record of 30 in 21 games which is shy of 1.5 a game compared to Puskas .98 pg.

Liverpool have reportedly identified Dynamo Kiev defender Gerson Magrao as a potential summer acquisition.

Any thoughts on this guy?

rahhh stop saying 'simply stating'! :P

Transfer Rumor thread or 'I know someone better than you' thread?

Crouch in demand? Lol. oO)

Liverpool have reportedly identified Dynamo Kiev defender Gerson Magrao as a potential summer acquisition.Any thoughts on this guy?

No, no, no, no, no!

Eusebio is the greatest Portuguese player of all time. I don't think any Portuguese person will ever dispute that. In the same way Brazilian's will always say Pele is their best player ever, Cruyff is Holland's best ever, Maradona is Argentina's best ever etc..

Eusebio is 3rd best striker ever in my opinion - behind Pele and Ronaldo.

---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

Hearing strong rumours that Spurs have had a bid accepted for Nilmar. Around €17M.

Jamie has heard the same rumour so there may be truth in it. Also, apparently Damiao is a Spurs player, but will join in January.

---------- Post added at 10:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 AM ----------

Berba's agent -

"Berba will definitely stay, he’s happy at Manchester United & the club wants him to stay. That's all anyone needs to know. I hope that everyone understands that the matter of Dimitar Berbatov is closed.""

Last edited:
Hearing strong rumours that Spurs have had a bid accepted for Nilmar. Around €17M.

Jamie has heard the same rumour so there may be truth in it. Also, apparently Damiao is a Spurs player, but will join in January.

Nilmar sounds great, but we need to get Leandro in A.S.A.P. If we sign him in January then it will be next season by the time he's settled in and adjusted to the league.

Nilmar sounds great, but we need to get Leandro in A.S.A.P. If we sign him in January then it will be next season by the time he's settled in and adjusted to the league.[/COLOR]

@Football_Agent9 - Called a lot of stuff right and has 13K+ followers.. very reliable so far throughout the summer.

Think Nilmar could be a great capture. SSN reporting on the rumour that City want Lennon in a swap for Adebayor.

Thoughts on that CJ?

@Football_Agent9 - Called a lot of stuff right and has 13K+ followers.. very reliable so far throughout the summer.

Think Nilmar could be a great capture. SSN reporting on the rumour that City want Lennon in a swap for Adebayor.

Thoughts on that CJ?

Would love Nilmar, he would be an upgrade on Defoe, so we would need to shift Defoe then.

Seeing as we don't really want to sell Lennon, I would prefer something like Ade + Johnson for him. But, thats not going to happen sadly.

[COLOR=#00e0]
---------- Post added at 09:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 AM ----------

[/COLOR]Hearing strong rumours that Spurs have had a bid accepted for Nilmar. Around €17M.

Jamie has heard the same rumour so there may be truth in it. Also, apparently Damiao is a Spurs player, but will join in January

Lol what.... How does that work!?

About Amauri... Used to be pretty good but hes in decline big time now and didnt play much last year, hes 31 (I think) and wont be up to much.

Is this Damiao any good? Dont know much about him

Agree with the Llorente talk on this thread though. Would love to see him in the prem and I think he would be really good too!

Lol what.... How does that work!?

About Amauri... Used to be pretty good but hes in decline big time now and didnt play much last year, hes 31 (I think) and wont be up to much.

Is this Damiao any good? Dont know much about him

Agree with the Llorente talk on this thread though. Would love to see him in the prem and I think he would be really good too!

He's epic, especially in the air. Scored 2 goals in the Bayern Tournament last week including a towering header vs Barca.

Scored 22 in 24 last season for Internacional up front, clinical. Brazil's future no.9 I reckon.

Who are your sources then ;)

I've just heard it floating around and then he told me he's heard it from his sources. The Damiao one is from someone on Twitter with 13K followers and has called many-a-thing right already this summer..

Would love Nilmar, he would be an upgrade on Defoe, so we would need to shift Defoe then.

Seeing as we don't really want to sell Lennon, I would prefer something like Ade + Johnson for him. But, thats not going to happen sadly.

Johnson is better player than Lennon imo, why will City want to give Ade + Johnson for Lennon.. I know they are city but still.. lol..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back