Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
What the ****? why is 'Arry trying to bring in two wingers? am i missing something here?

Shaqiri I understand to add a dynamic option to the right flank and a bit of versatility and youth but Mata is the really puzzling one for me, Ekotto has LB nailed down so Bale wont be moving there I would imagine. What on earth is Harry planning moving for Mata?

Yep, understand/agree with where your coming from, but can you really see Barca or Madrid going in for him? He doesn't suit the style of Barca and I think that Madrid with Neymar coming in aren't really looking for another striker? Reckon we could give him bigger wages then what he would be at, can't imagine he's on that much.

Can't think of any other clubs with that much interest in him tbh. Don't think any other clubs from England would be interested.

Spurs' problem is also that Llorente needs a big season to prove that he should be starting for Spain, rather than on the bench, with the Euros round the corner, and he would probably prefer to do so in Spain. I'd still target him though, perfect for Spurs and the Prem

Lazy players walk around, they don't really tire because they rarely ball chase.

Amauri has the same perception yet he's one of the best 'athletes' in Serie A for his physical build, they put their foot in if they think it's worth putting their foot in. They'll chase a ball if they think it's worth chasing, often big players are the more intelligent footballers in my opinion.

Sorry Jamie, I really don't want to waste my time typing about Amauri. Good player but I would pass. If we ever need a pure physical strength, we will put Smalling upfront.

Shaqiri I understand to add a dynamic option to the right flank and a bit of versatility and youth but Mata is the really puzzling one for me, Ekotto has LB nailed down so Bale wont be moving there I would imagine. What on earth is Harry planning moving for Mata?

Maybe it was a sneaky attempt at raising the price for Arsenal to pay? Can't think of any other reasons tbh. What a waste of money that would have been.

Sorry Jamie, I really don't want to waste my time typing about Amauri. Good player but I would pass. If we ever need a pure physical strength, we will put Smalling upfront.
Amauri+Carvalho+De+Oliveira+Poolside+Miami+VIvoQPxOxIil.jpg

He's a family man, would settle well in Manchester; looks good in gloves; enjoys under garments; likes the colour red; and has a young family.

And back to football he's an outstanding professional, brilliant athlete and is more than just brute strength, he brings flair and elegance to the mix with his power.

Last time I mention Amauri I promise...But how can you turn him down he's awesome.

I genuinely should be his agent.

Amauri+Carvalho+De+Oliveira+Poolside+Miami+VIvoQPxOxIil.jpg

He's a family man, would settle well in Manchester; looks good in gloves; enjoys under garments; likes the colour red; and has a young family.

And back to football he's an outstanding professional, brilliant athlete and is more than just brute strength, he brings flair and elegance to the mix with his power.

Last time I mention Amauri I promise...But how can you turn him down he's awesome.

I genuinely should be his agent.

You have same fetish with him like I have with Obertan... ( can you say it like that ? Have fetish with someone... I doubt it... so... Your fetish is Amauri, just like mine is Obertan. The same thing. Except Obertan is best winger in the world)
anyway..
Sir Alex Ferguson coy over Dimitar Berbatov's Manchester United future | Football | The Guardian

Was that before or after he lost his:

Marbles 00600.jpg

We could go on like this all night...

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

You have same fetish with him like I have with Obertan... ( can you say it like that ? Have fetish with someone... I doubt it... so... Your fetish is Amauri, just like mine is Obertan. The same thing. Except Obertan is best winger in the world)
anyway..
Sir Alex Ferguson coy over Dimitar Berbatov's Manchester United future | Football | The Guardian

He's the only football player in world football besides Totti/Maldini/Del Piero I genuinely 'love'.

And on the Obertan comparison, I'm not sure have you got a framed signed shirt on your study wall with the words
''Immortalis ludio ludius es idoneus of eximius res , letalis ludio ludius es idoneus of valde res''

Probably typoed that but that's inscribed on a little metal plate on the front of the shirt cabinet.

If I have a fetish for anything its putting football shirts in frames/cases...
oO)

Was that before or after he lost his:

Marbles 00600.jpg

We could go on like this all night...

---------- Post added at 02:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 AM ----------

He's the only football player in world football besides Totti/Maldini/Del Piero I genuinely 'love'.

And on the Obertan comparison, I'm not sure have you got a framed signed shirt on your study wall with the words
''Immortalis ludio ludius es idoneus of eximius res , letalis ludio ludius es idoneus of valde res''

Probably typoed that but that's inscribed on a little metal plate on the front of the shirt cabinet.

If I have a fetish for anything its putting football shirts in frames/cases...
oO)

I don't know if that cool or weird... The fact you just love Italian footballers, not the fact you framed football shirt, that awesome ;)

I don't know if that cool or weird... The fact you just love Italian footballers, not the fact you framed football shirt, that awesome ;)

He's Brazilian but never been capped so he's an adopted Italian, him and Nilmar at Villareal are one of those combinations that actually makes me salivate thinking about it. The perfect club/partner for him especially with Rossi feeding the two of them from CF.

He's Brazilian but never been capped so he's an adopted Italian, him and Nilmar at Villareal are one of those combinations that actually makes me salivate thinking about it. The perfect club/partner for him especially with Rossi feeding the two of them from CF.

Breaking up Villarreal's fluid 4-4-2 system that has brought them so much success in order to fit in a sub-par target man and a formation that forces them to carry three lazy strikers ftw. ;)

Also Bent > Amauri.

Breaking up Villarreal's fluid 4-4-2 system that has brought them so much success in order to fit in a sub-par target man and a formation that forces them to carry three lazy strikers ftw. ;)

Also Bent > Amauri.

Villareal will probably play a diamond next year either way under Garrido, either Valero CAM or Rossi CF with 2 widemen and Bruno holding the midfield.

Nilmar/Rossi/Amauri aren't that lazy, Amauri will work hard when his team have possession he can get very physical...

Amauri>>>>>>>>>>>>Bent.

You know that was never going to lie, Di Natale>>>>>>>>>>>Bent, Matri>>>>>>>>>Bent.

Don't get me wrong, I do like Bent. ;)

Also Bent > Amauri.

*snaps with fingers* Oh no you didn't. Looking forward to Jamies response :)

He wasn't capped cuz Juve wouldn't let him to play friendly me thinks....

Villareal will probably play a diamond next year either way under Garrido, either Valero CAM or Rossi CF with 2 widemen and Bruno holding the midfield.

Hum. They sort of play a 4-2-2-2 (one of my favourite formations, incidentally) with interiores, and Valero quite deep and Rossi and Nilmar pulling wide.

Nilmar/Rossi/Amauri aren't that lazy, Amauri will work hard when his team have possession he can get very physical...

Mostly true.

Amauri>>>>>>>>>>>>Bent.

Oh you funny. Amauri has only got into double figures in a season three times in his career, in other words HALF the amount of Heskey!

You know that was never going to lie, Di Natale>>>>>>>>>>>Bent, Matri>>>>>>>>>Bent.

Di Natale >> Bent >>> Matri >>>>>>>>> Heskey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stephen Hawking >>>>> Amauri

Or because he is statistically worse than Heskey. ;)

*snaps with fingers* Oh no you didn't. Looking forward to Jamies response :)

He got called up to a squad at Palermo but Zamparini refused to let him go and again got called up by Dunga but Juve wouldn't let him go. Eventually he got Italian citizenship anyway and had his first cap last year, thank god he didn't get in the Brazil squad because Italy would be robbed of such a great striker!

I remember when asked about playing with Balotelli he compared him to a new Ferrari who wanted to 'do everything, drive everywhere and be better than any other car'...'But the mechanic who put him together forgot to test drive it so every now and then it breaks down or sputters out oil.'

Brilliant.

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 AM ----------

Hum. They sort of play a 4-2-2-2 (one of my favourite formations, incidentally) with interiores, and Valero quite deep and Rossi and Nilmar pulling wide.

Mostly true.

Oh you funny. Amauri has only got into double figures in a season three times in his career, in other words HALF the amount of Heskey!

Di Natale >> Bent >>> Matri >>>>>>>>> Heskey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Stephen Hawking >>>>> Amauri

Meh, statistics statistics statistics.

An immortal player is capable of extraordinary things whereas a mortal player is capable of great things.

Moral of that line is basically I enjoy people like Amauri/Diego/Ibra rather than 'great' players statistically like Bent.

Indescribable, just personal preference.

I would argue Luca Toni>Bent.

No logical reasoning, Toni hasn't been himself for 3 years but once I attach to a players career I never forget the moments of excellence they produce. World Cup winners in 06 I'm the same, if someone tried to tell me Grosso was useless I would agree but I would still have picked him last season over Armand Traore.

thank god he didn't get in the Brazil squad because Italy would be robbed of such a great striker!

The great striker they capped once and never since! :D

Meh, statistics statistics statistics.

An immortal player is capable of extraordinary things whereas a mortal player is capable of great things.

Moral of that line is basically I enjoy people like Amauri/Diego/Ibra rather than 'great' players statistically like Bent.

Indescribable, just personal preference.

I would argue Luca Toni>Bent.

No logical reasoning, Toni hasn't been himself for 3 years but once I attach to a players career I never forget the moments of excellence they produce. World Cup winners in 06 I'm the same, if someone tried to tell me Grosso was useless I would agree but I would still have picked him last season over Armand Traore.

You're silly. I like this.

Moreover, you should talk to Joss about Serie A, it'd be a hilarious conversation.

"SERIE A IS ****"
"But it has Amauri and Totti!"
"BWARRRGH DEFENSIVE FORMATIONS"
"But, but... Ibrahimovic!"
"GRAARRGGGH"

Mostly true.

Sorry, even though I like to argue, I pick a fight when I'm right ( wow a rhyme ). So, I'll pass on this one cuz I can't win it. How can you choose between Heskey and Amauri ( sorry Jamie, I know, stupid joke :) )
Oh that last part XD Pure magic GC.
Moreover, you should talk to Joss about Serie A, it'd be a hilarious conversation.

"SERIE A IS ****"
"But it has Amauri and Totti!"
"BWARRRGH DEFENSIVE FORMATIONS"
"But, but... Ibrahimovic!"
"GRAARRGGGH"
This part, ****, I'm really tiered...

Last edited:
Serie A is in a slump but it will be up there again one day, statistics aren't that big of a catalyst for my own judgement on players. Cassano's statistics goal scoring wise are appaulling yet he is one of Europe's best CFs. You can't judge Amauri by checking up his wikipedia page or reading his stats, players are much more than numbers on a web page.

Just my opinion as I always say.

If I was building a football team I would take Amauri over Bent and I would take Ibrahimovic over Van Persie, just my views nothing radical or me saying that the Serie A is the greatest league in the world because we all know that's Ligue 1.

Statistics don't tell the tale, Puskas has the greatest ratio of games to goals in world football ever yet people never mention him alongside Maradonna/Pele do they?

Beckham's stats in the MLS have been poor but no one will remember him for his displays vs Colorado Rapids will they?

They remember MOMENTS not statistics, that is what makes a player a legend not numbers on his wikipedia page.

Last edited:
Serie A is in a slump but it will be up there again one day, statistics aren't that big of a catalyst for my own judgement on players. Cassano's statistics goal scoring wise are appaulling yet he is one of Europe's best CFs. You can't judge Amauri by checking up his wikipedia page or reading his stats, players are much more than numbers on a web page.

Just my opinion as I always say.

If I was building a football team I would take Amauri over Bent and I would take Ibrahimovic over Van Persie, just my views nothing radical or me saying that the Serie A is the greatest league in the world because we all know that's Ligue 1.

Cassano's hardly a clinical striker though, he's a creator rather than a finisher (and a fatso to boot, but hey). I do like Cassano, carved out his own interestingly unique left-sided semi-striker-semi-midfielder role at Sampdoria.

I wouldn't take Amauri over Bent, but seeing as having Ibrahimovic basically guarantees you a league title (or at least has for the last five or so years) I'd take him over RvP as well. Still, there's another thing that would make a conversation between you and Joss extra interesting. ;)

This is how bills get paid in Italy, none of this 'image rights' nonsense. Players have to earn their pay through hard work...And Ice Cream adverts.

[video=youtube;tHKi9Gc9d0Q]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHKi9Gc9d0Q&feature=player_detailpage[/video]​

You genuinely wouldn't believe it but whatever money Cavani made De Laurentiis made sure he took 30 percent off him but 'what for?' you ask...

His words: ''Aurelio tax.''

And this God Cubed is why the Serie A is the greatest league in the world...For off the field entertainment.

I rest my case, Serie A/Amauri/Italian players all 'own' and Bent and Heskey can jump off a cliff and take their statistics with them.

Notice how I never said Amauri>Anyone amazingly good, my delusion of Amauri grandeur only stretches so far...I would never say Amauri was better than anyone I consider him (personal opinion) better than.

Case rested, we have found out I like old Italian players and apparently 'lazy' players although that's debatable since Amauri is in alot better physical shape than alot of players... (Antonio.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back