Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amauri's agent answered to my letters. (I kid, he talked on Italian radio...Wish he would answer my letters.)

Giampiero Pocetta: "The transfer market is still long and we'll try to find the right team for the player. I confirm that we have received some concrete offers from some foreign clubs while in Italy nothing is really going on. AC Milan? Science fiction, there is nothing concrete, we have received no offers".

*Fingers Crossed AVB Is In For Him*

He's talking about offers from France, probably a Russian club will be interested I suspect a Moscow club. Would be ideal at NUFC/BRFC if he would take a 30k a week paycut. Just want to see him in the BPL...Anywhere will do.

QPR are apparently interested in signing Torres!

Eboue's move to Galatasary is 'very close', fee is quoted as being 5 million euros rising to around 7 after European apps/League win payment.

I haven't posted in here the news from 2 days ago have I? That Van Buyten 'no commented' on the story ran in Belgium that he was talking to Arsenal about a pre contract in which he would join on a free in January...

I really want to disbelieve it but I really wouldn't put it past Wenger and I am his biggest fan.

He does have a strange fetish for 30+ French speaking CB's with a rather severe lack of pace...

Only logical explanation I have thought of is that Wenger tried to buy him 5 years ago, got put off by the fee and promised himself that he would sign him when his contract runs out 5 years later... That's logical.

Strange thing is the one old French CB who would have done well for Arsenal and was available last summer/January cheaply/for free is Mexes. Too late now, Milan grabbed that freebie back in January.

Last edited:
also, deadly dudley's move to QPR should be confirmed soon, about time, been blooming ages

Mexes isn't that old though Jamie, Cb terms he is at a good age at 29. Although for a Milan defender thats almost youth team ;)

Stipe Pletikosa signs for Rostov...

Think he would have been 'entertaining' at the very least if he came to the Championship.

Udinese very close to signing Giovanni Sio as well, namesake Giovanni Dos Santos is in the works as well by Pozzo.

Who also signed Mollo for Pozzo's '2nd club' in Spain which he owns called Granada.

Also Tamas from WBA has agreed terms to join Udinese.

With Sio/Doubai Udinese have struck gold again in my opinion, once again they rebuild and buy players cheap with huge potential.

John Carew set to join West Ham after it was revealed they'd offered him a contract and he told Norwegian press that he already had a club.

Manchester City have signed Pantilimon for 2.5m.

Another FM buy.

Will be a good number 2 to Hart IMO, prone to some mistakes but the guy is absolutely huge and capable of extra ordinary saves.

Another FM buy.

Will be a good number 2 to Hart IMO, prone to some mistakes but the guy is absolutely huge and capable of extra ordinary saves.

6'7 and 16 stone. Christ, you weren't joking...

The 16 stone is the erm...A 'problem'.

This is where City's fitness staff earn their pay I guess...

Decent signing to be no2 to Hart, will provide some competition and has potential.

Liverpool eye Lucas Biglia Anderlecht cut-price replacement if loan Lucas Leiva out following arrival three new midfielders - Transfer News - MirrorFootball.co.ukBrazilian ace Leiva, 24, was the Reds' player of the season last term and penned a big-money new deal in March.
But boss Kenny Dalglish may loan him out after bringing in expensive midfielders Charlie Adam, Jordan Henderson and Stewart Downing this summer.
If Leiva does go, Liverpool will need a cut-price replacement to deputise and protect the back four.

Biglia plays for Belgian side Anderlecht after joining from Argentina's Independiente in 2006.
He helped Argentina's Under-20 team win the 2005 FIFA World Youth Championship, alongside Lionel Messi, and played for the senior side in this summer's Copa America.
The 25-year-old is believed to be keen on a move to England, and particularly Merseyside, after getting rave reviews about the Anfield club from pal and former Reds midfielder Javier Mascherano.

:
D

I rate Biglia quite highly, although he can be a little too rash on the tackle his workrate is second only to Masche in our midfield.

Another FM buy.

Haha, is he good? :D Heard that he is a bargain at that price. Huge guy i heard.

Why on Earth would 'Pool want to loan Lucas out? Best player in the Prem last season if you ask me. Adam, Henderson, Meireles and even Aquilani aren't better than him IMO, and particularly not in his position. Liverpool only have one true holder in Lucas (apart from Jay Spearing, but that would be pushing it), and we all know how vital a midfield enforcer is. Scotland's experiments with Charlie Adam as a holder in friendlies rather hints that he just doesn't have the required tenacity and tackling ability, so this rumour is a mystery to me.

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

And more Arsenal speculation in France, with l'Equipe claiming Arsene Wenger is relenting over Samir Nasri and is ready to sell to Man City.

City are waiting for you Nasri!

And some reports claim Nasri has had a public row with Wenger....lol, this is getting interesting.

Last edited:
Why on Earth would 'Pool want to loan Lucas out? Best player in the Prem last season if you ask me. Adam, Henderson, Meireles and even Aquilani aren't better than him IMO, and particularly not in his position. Liverpool only have one true holder in Lucas (apart from Jay Spearing, but that would be pushing it), and we all know how vital a midfield enforcer is. Scotland's experiments with Charlie Adam as a holder in friendlies rather hints that he just doesn't have the required tenacity and tackling ability, so this rumour is a mystery to me.

Good GC, you stopped with best player in the prem last season. Thought you may take one step forward to say best player in Europe last season..

Best Liverpool player last season. Not the best in the league.. Opinions I know.. Just presenting mine :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back