Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
City are going to have a crazy team, great depth. Quite rightly too with their money!

Coates is a top player. City stocking with top class young centre-backs. Anything on Cerci? Heard he stormed out of training lol.

And Nasri? Reports now suggest Arsenal are ready to sell. Are these 3 the 2-3 players Mancini talked about?

Reports about Nasri are off the mark, especially as the price is lower than the one he rejected, Coates would a be a good signing, but not a top player. Still has a lot to learn but a very talented youngster. Still Believe Mancini is chasing Nasri though. he made an approach to Sneidjer as well

Last edited:
Reports about Nasri are off the mark, especially as the price is lower than the one he rejected, Coates would a be a good signing, but not a top player. Still has a lot to learn but a very talented youngster. Still Believe Mancini is chasing Nasri though. he made an approach to Sneidjer as well

I definetly think Coates has the potential to become a world class defender. Just like with Savic. City would have 3 top 20-year old CB's...Boyata, Coates and Savic. So it would be very hard for players like Reece Wabara to break through. Really impressed with Coates in the Copa America. And what a tower he is!

The reports are from L'equipe...a good source IMO. So thats why i believe in it. And why would Mancini want Sneijder? I think he costs too much and his wages aswell.

I definetly think Coates has the potential to become a world class defender. Really impressed with him in the Copa America. And what a tower he is!

The reports are from L'equipe...a good source IMO. So thats why i believe in it. And why would Mancini want Sneijder? I think he costs too much and his wages aswell.

For the same reason he wants Nasri. Not sure about becoming world class, but certainly has the potential to be a top class defender, will learn well from the likes of Kompany

I definetly think Coates has the potential to become a world class defender. Really impressed with him in the Copa America. And what a tower he is!

So does half the Man City squad but that didn't stop Mancini spending the dolla on them. Only deference is, Wesley Sneijder would merit his high value and wage.

I can't see Sneijder fitting in at City. I would definetly rule him out. I dont even know why Mancini wants Nasri. To play in the central midfield or on the right?

I can't see Sneijder fitting in at City. I would definetly rule him out. I dont even know why Mancini wants Nasri. To play in the central midfield or on the right?

Sneijder wasnt particularly interested in the move apparently. Honestly not sure why he wants Nasri, unless he plans on playing Toure deeper

Last edited:
Yes, perhaps too much depth if they don't offload a few players before the end of the window.

Going to be fun to see which players kicks off because he's not getting enough first team football

Sneijder wasnt particularly interested in the move. Honestly not sure why he wants Nasri, unless he plans on playing Toure deeper

Maybe De Jong, Toure and Nasri as a triangle three, with Nasri at the tip, Silva on the left, Johnson/Balotelli on the right and Aguero up top. That would be pretty lethal, Toure was very good in a more attacking role last year though.

Maybe De Jong, Toure and Nasri as a triangle three, with Nasri at the tip, Silva on the left, Johnson/Balotelli on the right and Aguero up top. That would be pretty lethal, Toure was very good in a more attacking role last year though.

I was thinking that, but the role Toure had, and excelled in, is the role he had always craved at Barca. Personally i dont think they need Nasri. If needed Aguero can play Dzeko

Sneijder wasnt particularly interested in the move apparently. Honestly not sure why he wants Nasri, unless he plans on playing Toure deeper

I think he definetly is. Thats Yayas favourite position and he is still allowed to make his monster runs from there. :D

I think he played mostly in the pre-season deeper aswell.

I think he definetly is. Thats Yayas favourite position and he is still allowed to make his monster runs from there. :D

I think he played mostly in the pre-season deeper aswell.

Im fairly sure Yaya prefers the role he has now, its the role he craved at barca ( and part of the reason he left) remeber an article on it. will have a look

Im fairly sure Yaya prefers the role he has now, its the role he craved at barca ( and part of the reason he left) remeber an article on it. will have a look

He said on City's official website last season in an interview that he prefers to play deeper. But he is happy to play anywhere.

If I'm not wrong he left coz Pep preferred Biscuits and Yaya had some clause where if he had played X games he would have got some big sum which Barca/Pep didn't want to happen.

Dont know how true that was.

Last edited:
If I'm not wrong he left coz Pep preferred Biscuits and Yaya had some clause where if he had played X games he would have got some big sum which Barca/Pep didn't want to happen.

Dont know how true that was.

Pep preferred the diver becuase of his discipline in not breaking forwards, something Kolo liked to do. City have given him that licenced and he has proved just how excellent he is

I'm very biased when it comes to Sebastian Coates, I've been signing his praises half the summer!

In regards to Nasri, I think I made my feelings clear on him over the past month in regards to my username being changed if he's at MCFC come September. Think it started as an agent stunt to get him a better wage offer and it's snowballed, player doesn't want to leave and I see him staying at AFC regardless.

And on Cerci, he has always had ability even from his days at Roma but has always lacked the right coach IMO and half the things the Italian media write about him aren't true. He has burned his bridges with Dalla Valle and looks set for the MCFC move but Fiorentina are holding out for the best deal they can get from City.

Midfield targets wise, I know for a 100% fact that MCFC contacted De Rossi and offered him 10m a year and the player almost accepted until Sabatini held a meeting last week and tied him down on a new 5m euros a year deal. Besides DDR I suppose Poli/Montolivo would be targets, possibly looking at Marvin Martin in France...But I understand Sneijder is absolutely not a target and I believe that.

MCFC would reject Maicon/Eto'o swap so forget about those right now, IF Cambiasso/Lucio was offered (Baring in mind Inter have essentially tied up Casemiro) then I would expect to see some MCFC consideration in the deal. But Nasri/Sneijder are complete no go's for City at the minute.

I would say Cerci will end up a City player, but as for Mancini's midfield targets I have nothing concrete at all...I would presume Montolivo would be a target given his availability and price.

Also in Arsenal news, Gazidis met Barce today to 'sort the situation out' and Catalonia press are saying a deal in principle has been agreed...Wont know for sure until tomorrow morning when the proverbial dust has settled, but Fabregas isn't currently with the Arsenal squad in Portugal and didn't travel...That's been confirmed by someone somewhere I'm sure.

Pep preferred the diver becuase of his discipline in not breaking forwards, something Kolo liked to do. City have given him that licenced and he has proved just how excellent he is

Is that you Mike or someone else? :)

But i like that line. Just haven't seen you do that before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back