Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
cheers for that. Makes more sense then. De Jong holding, Toure box to box, nasri behind the forward. Still think city are more lethal with Toure further forwards, but at least it drops Barry

Agree with this. Toure is perfect for box to box role. He has all the attributes to do everything that a box to box player needs to. I dont see him playing holding role as De Jone is obvious choice.. If not Nasri they can play Silva or Milner there, well with Toure and De Jong Mancini can play any midfielder he likes to as the third CM wont be doing much defensive work when playing with likes of Toure and De Jong..

Agree with this. Toure is perfect for box to box role. He has all the attributes to do everything that a box to box player needs to. I dont see him playing holding role as De Jone is obvious choice.. If not Nasri they can play Silva or Milner there, well with Toure and De Jong Mancini can play any midfielder he likes to as the third CM wont be doing much defensive work when playing with likes of Toure and De Jong..

Toure is monstrous. I genuinely feared the fact he was nearly paired with De Rossi

I'm very biased when it comes to Sebastian Coates, I've been signing his praises half the summer!

In regards to Nasri, I think I made my feelings clear on him over the past month in regards to my username being changed if he's at MCFC come September. Think it started as an agent stunt to get him a better wage offer and it's snowballed, player doesn't want to leave and I see him staying at AFC regardless.

And on Cerci, he has always had ability even from his days at Roma but has always lacked the right coach IMO and half the things the Italian media write about him aren't true. He has burned his bridges with Dalla Valle and looks set for the MCFC move but Fiorentina are holding out for the best deal they can get from City.

Midfield targets wise, I know for a 100% fact that MCFC contacted De Rossi and offered him 10m a year and the player almost accepted until Sabatini held a meeting last week and tied him down on a new 5m euros a year deal. Besides DDR I suppose Poli/Montolivo would be targets, possibly looking at Marvin Martin in France...But I understand Sneijder is absolutely not a target and I believe that.

MCFC would reject Maicon/Eto'o swap so forget about those right now, IF Cambiasso/Lucio was offered (Baring in mind Inter have essentially tied up Casemiro) then I would expect to see some MCFC consideration in the deal. But Nasri/Sneijder are complete no go's for City at the minute.

I would say Cerci will end up a City player, but as for Mancini's midfield targets I have nothing concrete at all...I would presume Montolivo would be a target given his availability and price.

Also in Arsenal news, Gazidis met Barce today to 'sort the situation out' and Catalonia press are saying a deal in principle has been agreed...Wont know for sure until tomorrow morning when the proverbial dust has settled, but Fabregas isn't currently with the Arsenal squad in Portugal and didn't travel...That's been confirmed by someone somewhere I'm sure.

Thank god.

Although if it's for anything less than £40M I will be severely ****** off.

cheers for that. Makes more sense then. De Jong holding, Toure box to box, nasri behind the forward. Still think city are more lethal with Toure further forwards, but at least it drops Barry

I think someone on bluemoon made a very good point when he said that Mancini played Yaya as an attacking midfielder because of Yayas fitness level. His fitness level wasn't good enough to play box-to-box role in the premier league straight away.

It was clear in the first half of the season that Yayas fitness wasn't that good. Thats why he was often accused as a lazy mercenery in bluemoon. :D

Last edited:
lol,

The second I report that another story breaks in Spain via Sport I think it is, Barcelona brought to the table a €38m proposal and Gazidis wanted €45m...So Barce got rejected again.

Interesting thing for me is Fabregas hasn't travelled to Portugal, and if he plays the Qualifier vs Udinese then that cup ties him?

So if Fabregas for some reason doesn't play vs Udinese and Arsenal go out then...What on earth will Arsenal fans think?

I think someone on bluemoon made a very good point when he said that Mancini played Yaya as an attacking midfielder because of Yayas fitness level. His fitness level wasn't good enough to play box-to-box role in the premier league straight away.

It was clear in the first half of the season that Yayas fitness wasn't that good. Thats why he was often blamed for being lazy at bluemoon. :D

one thing i would never call toure is lazy, he has always has a supreme engine on him. If anything he demonstrated that, by defending right from the front

Ok,

Recapping this Fabregas story, news broke that Gazidis and Sanhelli finally brokered a compromise deal for Fabregas today...

Then it came out (and was confirmed) that Fabregas did not travel with Arsenal to Portugal, then AS came out and said the meetings outcome today brokered no deal as Barce offered €38m and Arsenal wanted €45m.

Too messy to see the clear picture here, with the European game coming up I imagine Arsenal want his future sorted hence Gazidis calling this meeting today to discuss it all.

wish Barca would just pay it and end this saga every summer :S

They won't pay the full fee cause they're arrgonant knoblets by the sounds of it. It's been a 2 year tapping up operation. They did their best to unsettle him, and seem to think that because they offer £37 million, it'll be accepted just because they're Barcelona. Good on Wenger for sticking to his guns. I'm starting to dislike the way Barca are doing this. They've got enough money, so pay up. They don't need him anyway. They have enough quality. I'm siding with Arsene on this one.

Posts deleted. No more tenous links in an attempt to discuss who is a flop or not

Wenger on squad ommisions, says Fabregas not travelling to Portugal is due to fitness, not transfer to scum fc

"I love Fabregas and I want him to stay, that is basically it.

"Everybody is free to think what they want. We cannot stop people raising questions.

"He is just coming back from injury and is not ready to play in a game. But he is not injured."

"Nasri has a muscular problem. Cesc is just coming back from injury and he is not ready to play in the game. Diaby is out and Koscielny has a small muscular problem.

"Bendtner and Eboue are not in the squad because they might be going out of the club.

"Koscielny and Nasri might be back for the start of the season. I don't think Fabregas will be ready to start the season because he has been out for a long time and has had no games.

Cesc misses Portugal trip | Arsenal News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back