Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Newcastle United full-back Jose Enrique is due to have a medical at Liverpool later on Monday after the clubs agreed a transfer fee.

1. Do United really need Sneijder? Does he not occupy the same role that Rooney has played so well in over the last 6 months? I would have though United would have needed more of a Hamsik/Pastore type player, myself.

2. Could this Eto'o transfer have bigger implications than first thought? Inter have made their sale now, do they really need to sell Sneijder for a big sum of money? They want Tevez, to me, a Sneijder/Tevez swap deal isn't too far fetched in my opinion.

Just my pennies worth anyway.

1. TBH I would have prefered Modric, Hamsik (Pastore is more attack minded than Sneijder though) as I had the same reasons. Sneijder plays well in the Rooney role.. But he can play as CM too maynot be as good as AM but still he can play as CM. His passing range is very good and he is very intelligent. IMO when we play tough opponentes usually we play with 3 CMs, so we can play Sneijder as #10 and for weaker opponents he can play as CM..

2. Tevez/Sneijder deal is not possible imo.. If Inter sign Tevez it maybe on loan with mandatory buy clause. (My guess) or just a loan deal as they dont want to take risk with Home sick player.. (Inter has many Argentina players and best place for Argentina players still at least I wouldn't have taken risk to sign him)..

Nasri reports are mounting, still sticking to my guns. 'Strawberry Sally' does have a ring to it..

1. TBH I would have prefered Modric, Hamsik (Pastore is more attack minded than Sneijder though) as I had the same reasons. Sneijder plays well in the Rooney role.. But he can play as CM too maynot be as good as AM but still he can play as CM. His passing range is very good and he is very intelligent. IMO when we play tough opponentes usually we play with 3 CMs, so we can play Sneijder as #10 and for weaker opponents he can play as CM..

2. Tevez/Sneijder deal is not possible imo.. If Inter sign Tevez it maybe on loan with mandatory buy clause. (My guess) or just a loan deal as they dont want to take risk with Home sick player.. (Inter has many Argentina players and best place for Argentina players still at least I wouldn't have taken risk to sign him)..

Sneijder is better defensively than Hamsik, its only the role he is asked to at Inter that makes it look as if he is purely AM. No need for him to track back when you have the likes of Cambiasso behind you

Sneijder is better defensively than Hamsik, its only the role he is asked to at Inter that makes it look as if he is purely AM. No need for him to track back when you have the likes of Cambiasso behind you
And for Holland he has had De Jong and Van Bommell (sp)

And for Holland he has had De Jong and Van Bommell (sp)

Exactly, Sneijder has always a had a very good work rate, and good positioning. People play him further up to get the goals out of him too, and when you have two defensive minded players covering, he can push and constantly stay in the hole

Nasri reports are mounting, still sticking to my guns. 'Strawberry Sally' does have a ring to it..

Is that the name you will take when Nasri signs? :D

Cmon...keep your name. No1 will demand you to change it. Atleast not me....

Joey7Barton Joseph Barton

So sad to see my friend Jose Enrique leave, great player. Hope he does will and gets in the Spain team. #notagreatday

Enrique as good as gone then

Just grabbed Enrique in my fantasy team for 5m I think it was. Recommend everyone else does it quick before he moves. As for Dann to Arsenal, awful signing. Half the player without Johnson and for allah's sake Arsene please just buy VERTONGHEN. Yiche.

Reports in Holland say we have made a 5m bid for Pieters.

It seems that Eto'o is on his way to Anzhi for 40m.

source: lifenews.ru

I dont know about defensive ability as he rarely played that role at Inter, but Hamsik is a proper CM. Not saying I wouldn't welcome Sneijder at United though as Sneijder is just what Scholes minus goals was.. He can adapt to deeper role imo as his passing range and decision making is top class.

Agreed about his work rate though. Wouldn't say excellent but very good.

In short I can see him filling void left by Scholes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back