Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hm. Maybe - but he didn't have patience because he was good enough to play, just never did or when he did - he played RB.

Well i'm sorry my heart bleeds. Flamini was better and the first choice cm over him if we waited he would have eventually played as Flamini left to join milan lol a few months later.

Juanma Castano is saying Mata to Chelsea. Lots of Spanish people tweeting that Valencia have accepted the bid, so I think it must be on Spanish media...Yep, it's the Spanish media reporting it.

Last edited:
Fuckity. £27m is a lot of money - doubt Arsenal will compete with that, which is a huge pity.

See this is what annoys me why cant we? we have the money !

Most things annoy you Calum. We could have signed him earlier in the window, but we didn't have the money without the Cesc transfer going through.

He may well go back in for him, but I'd be very surprised.

Say we paid around £30m in total for AOC, Gervinho, Jenkinson and Joel Campbell from an original £50m-ish budget (all inc. wages) then we have about £20m left. Add in around that again for Fabregas (since we don't receive the rest until September) and it's actually less than that, then we have around £35-40m. Mata - when you factor in wages etc. - will cost at least £35m with that fee and then what? No CB, no LB. You would go absolute ape-****.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Because he'd probably choose Chelsea over you anyway.

Not sure he would. He wants/wanted Arsenal or Barcelona earlier in the window but our opportunity to get him cheap has gone because Barca were being wankers.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 PM ----------

Although to be fair - It's Marca. According to Marca, Fabregas has joined Barca around 17,000 times in the past 3 years. I'll wait until reliable English media pick up on it being accepted.

Most things annoy you Calum. We could have signed him earlier in the window, but we didn't have the money without the Cesc transfer going through.

He may well go back in for him, but I'd be very surprised.

Say we paid around £30m in total for AOC, Gervinho, Jenkinson and Joel Campbell from an original £50m-ish budget (all inc. wages) then we have about £20m left. Add in around that again for Fabregas (since we don't receive the rest until September) and it's actually less than that, then we have around £35-40m. Mata - when you factor in wages etc. - will cost at least £35m with that fee and then what? No CB, no LB. You would go absolute ape-****.

---------- Post added at 09:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

Not sure he would. He wants/wanted Arsenal or Barcelona earlier in the window but our opportunity to get him cheap has gone because Barca were being wankers

Link?

Doubt that's true.

Ouch. :'(

Truth hurts eh?

Not sure he would. He wants/wanted Arsenal or Barcelona earlier in the window but our opportunity to get him cheap has gone because Barca were being wankers.

But Chelsea weren't necessarily in for him then. None of us know what he thinks, but looking at it realistically Chelsea are a team more likely to challenge for trophies, with a better squad and greater financial backing. They also are in need of rejuvenating, and he would be a sure-fire starter on the left wing as AVB begins to rebuild. Not to mention that Chelsea could probably offer bigger wages.

He had a few options, Chelsea not being one of them. Out of the options he had he preferred Barca/Arsenal. One thing's for sure - he won't move for no reason/if he doesn't want to join Chelsea. He's happy to stay at Valencia if nothing happens transfer-wise.

Last edited:
[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]
He had a few options, Chelsea not being one of them. Out of the options he had he preferred Barca/Arsenal. One thing's for sure - he won't move for no reason/if he doesn't want to join Chelsea. He's happy to stay at Valencia if nothing happens transfer-wise.

Exactly, its important note that Mata isn't pushing for a move in the slightest, hence why he immediately rejected Spurs. He's got CL football at Valencia, he's got 4 years left and hes very happy there. Like Villa he's only considering moving for the benefit of the club..

i wonder whether wenger is on for mata, or we are just gonna lose out.

that rumor better not be true.

Truth hurts eh?

But Chelsea weren't necessarily in for him then. None of us know what he thinks, but looking at it realistically Chelsea are a team more likely to challenge for trophies, with a better squad and greater financial backing. They also are in need of rejuvenating, and he would be a sure-fire starter on the left wing as AVB begins to rebuild. Not to mention that Chelsea could probably offer bigger wages.

True. Although a) Not sure he would be a sure-fire starter would he? What about Malouda? He'd be a sure-fire starter for us too. Mata > Arshavin, Miyaichi. Gervinho would rotate with him and Walcott.

b) not sure financial backing has anything to do with Mata's personal decision - wages etc. - but perhaps I'm not reading your post right?

[/COLOR]
[/COLOR]

Absolutely. But Valencia sort of need the money, so I'd be surprised if they kept him.

I think I said a few months back if I could dig up the post the report that Mata's dad spoke to Chelsea early July.

He also spoke to AFC/THFC, but you got the feeling Chelsea would go in for him hard eventually.

Hope the Valencian reports of the bid made earlier today €18m this summer plus €12m next and then €6m in add ons has been accepted by Valencia.

Reasons why Valencia would accept the bid:

1) Purely from a financial point of view the profit margin they will make on a €1m purchase will be astronomical for Valencia.

2) Alot gets made of the debt but it is well structured (now) and they are gradually finding ways to pay off their creditors which are mainly local banks. However given that the local government put the pressure on the banks to ease up on Valencia and allowed them to restructure their debt in a long term way then obviously they have a big say in who gets sold/bought at Valencia. The banks want their money back and the local government is under pressure itself economically so it would urge Valencia to accept the Chelsea bid.

Reasons Mata would leave Valencia:

1) He has a huge amount of respect for Valencia but from a footballing stand point it would be a huge step up for him and a chance to further his career.

2) Andre Villas Boas is a huge draw to younger players having seen the football/style/winning streak he put together at Porto last season.

3) Financially, least important aspect, he would get essentially a 100% hike on what he earns at Valencia which is around €80k per week.

Alot of reasons as to why Mata would join Chelsea, if the reports are confirmed by Valencia tomorrow morning then this story will gather pace over the weekend and medical/personal terms will probably be agreed by next Wednesday. Would be a brilliant signing, makes sense all round.

Fuckity. £27m is a lot of money - doubt Arsenal will compete with that, which is a huge pity.

Gazidis made it clear more significantly money would be made available. Not to mention that transfers are amortised over a period by clubs, in short, Arsenal have the funds to match Chelsea's bid and not lose out on further targets. Does Wenger have the mettle?

Gazidis made it clear more significantly money would be made available. Not to mention that transfers are amortised over a period by clubs, in short, Arsenal have the funds to match Chelsea's bid and not lose out on further targets. Does Wenger have the mettle?

No idea!

News coming in that Lassana Diarra is set to join Spurs for a 10 million pound fee from Real Madrid which could mean at least one midfielder could be leaving Spurs, wether it's Palacios, Modric or Kranjcar remains to be seen.

I think we'd all agree he is a better replacement to Palacios that the other two though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back