Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm actually going to be gutted if Wenger doesnt sign him

Yes, i'm obsessed with Mata. But he is already bordering on world class, and he will be if he keeps it up. he's 23 and yet plays with the guile of a veteran.

Kaka to PSG story (not sure if anyone else has posted it)...

Sky Italia running with a bid lodged by PSG to Real Madrid which is around 32m euros, now alot of sceptics in Italy are reading this as a Sky story and thinking not alot of it.

PSG say they will make a statement (Leonardo will speak to someone) tomorrow in response to the SI story, now the reason I give the story alot of credibility is I believe the person who leaked the bid to Sky Italia was in fact Kaka's dad. Which means 1) It's true or 2) He's trying to get Ricardo out of Madrid and trying to draw potential suitors out of the woodwork.

Arsenal signing the young Peruvian Polo as well I saw, I have seen alot of reports in the past 3 months linking him with Palermo/Udinese/Juventus/Napoli/Inter...The guy has got immense talent no doubt about it. Would be a good signing for Arsenal, the right club for him.

I'm actually going to be gutted if Wenger doesnt sign him

Yes, i'm obsessed with Mata. But he is already bordering on world class, and he will be if he keeps it up. he's 23 and yet plays with the guile of a veteran.

I get the feeling we won't make another bid, which is annoying to say the least. Confident we'll get a LB and CB in before the end of the window, but we do also need another midfielder if Nasri goes too. Annoying because the Cesc saga has clearly held us back and by the next window (when we should be able to do things quicker) - it could be too late for Wenger.

If we don't get Mata - what realistic players might we look at to replace Cesc (from outside) I wonder...

[Enter stage-right - Calum screaming "SPEND SOME ******* MONEY" at the top of his lungs before breaking down in sobs of tears]

I'm actually going to be gutted if Wenger doesnt sign himYes, i'm obsessed with Mata. But he is already bordering on world class, and he will be if he keeps it up. he's 23 and yet plays with the guile of a veteran.
I remember how amazing his stats were in FM 10, better than Kaka if I remember correctly. Not that that means anything

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

do psg really need kaka considering they have signed Pastore??
And Menez

Alex:"If Juventus want me outright I'd be very happy, i would accept, Juventus are a great club & playing in Italy interests me"

I get the feeling we won't make another bid, which is annoying to say the least. Confident we'll get a LB and CB in before the end of the window, but we do also need another midfielder if Nasri goes too. Annoying because the Cesc saga has clearly held us back and by the next window (when we should be able to do things quicker) - it could be too late for Wenger. If we don't get Mata - what realistic players might we look at to replace Cesc (from outside) I wonder...[Enter stage-right - Calum screaming "SPEND SOME ******* MONEY" at the top of his lungs before breaking down in sobs of tears]
Some unproven 16 year-old from San Marino who has the strength of a mouse?

I reckon Calum would probably be happy if Arsene bought a £40 mil wheel of Edam cheese. At least then he'd be spending money.

According to Fourth_Official - Fee agreed between Chelsea and Valencia in the region of £24M.

He's been very accurate throughout the window. Wouldn't surprise me if he was right again now!

Well that's a relief. Mata is looking likely to join Chelsea, which should, in theory anyway, end their interest in Modric.

I am more hopeful now that we'll hold onto him for another season. I fully expect his exit next year should we fail to qualify for the Champions League though.

Also, £100,000 per week wages for Diarra? Don't talk nonsense.

I'll actually be gutted if Chelsea get Mata, quality little player, would've loved him at Liverpool. Sadly I can't see it happening now.

Seen a lot of reports linking us with offers for both Cahill and Shawcross. No idea how true they are, though I'd prefer Cahill over Shawcross.

Well that's a relief. Mata is looking likely to join Chelsea, which should, in theory anyway, end their interest in Modric.

I am more hopeful now that we'll hold onto him for another season. I fully expect his exit next year should we fail to qualify for the Champions League though.

Also, £100,000 per week wages for Diarra? Don't talk nonsense.

Mata...The Left winger Mata?

Modric isn't a left winger, is he?

But I do think their interest has finally died down in Luka, looks like Moutinho+Mata are the main targets.

I wouldn't mind a move from left field if AVB/Sousa made a move for Diego from Wolfsburg for 11m euros to add to Mata.

Mata isn't a CAM...He's not a CM...He's a LW.

Well that's a relief. Mata is looking likely to join Chelsea, which should, in theory anyway, end their interest in Modric.I am more hopeful now that we'll hold onto him for another season. I fully expect his exit next year should we fail to qualify for the Champions League though.Also, £100,000 per week wages for Diarra? Don't talk nonsense.
Sky Sports are chatting it up, wether we have paid that (hugely doubtful!) we'll see

According to Fourth_Official - Fee agreed between Chelsea and Valencia in the region of £24M.

He's been very accurate throughout the window. Wouldn't surprise me if he was right again now!

Like when he said a Coloccini to Valencia transfer was certain?

But I do think their interest has finally died down in Luka, looks like Moutinho+Mata are the main targets.

I wouldn't mind a move from left field if AVB/Sousa made a move for Diego from Wolfsburg for 11m euros to add to Mata.

I don't know where people get the idea he's an AM/playmaker. He's primarily a left winger, secondarily a 'second striker', which he played quite a few times last year behind Soldado, or right winger. Though he doesn't play right wing often, but sometimes he'll switch there during a game.

I reckon Calum would probably be happy if Arsene bought a £40 mil wheel of Edam cheese. At least then he'd be spending money.

Doubt it. There'd still be something wrong ;)

Like when he said a Coloccini to Valencia transfer was certain?

This. He, and most ITKs get a lot of things wrong. He also tends to get a lot of stuff from SSN/elsewhere and claim it as his own.

My point wasn't regarding specific positions. It was regarding the fact that you have now paid roughly the same money for Mata as was offered for Modric, which makes it seem as though you just shifted your finances from one target to another.

My point wasn't regarding specific positions. It was regarding the fact that you have now paid roughly the same money for Mata as was offered for Modric, which makes it seem as though you just shifted your finances from one target to another.

Ah, if Mata+Moutinho come in that will be a combined cost of around 60m pounds...Big money.

Time to see how deep Roman's pockets are...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back