Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Should point out Dani Alves was seen as a done thing a few years ago, nothings signed and delivered until Mata's on the plane and arriving at Heathrow.

Balague: Was told today by a top source at Spurs that Modric will go too. If that is the case, if that happens... wow!!

Indeed, Arsenal very much gazumped, can't see him not moving to Chelsea now unless somehow some why Real Madrid, Barca or United came in for him.

If mata had a right foot we'd have been in the market for him. He runs the channels rather than cutting and drifting into the middle a la Young, but he is a fantastic player.

Chrisbird, Mata = Robben pt 2??

Balague: Was told today by a top source at Spurs that Modric will go too. If that is the case, if that happens... wow!!

Let me guess...

Diarra is signing for Spurs, therefore Modric MUST BE GOING.

2+2=5

If mata had a right foot we'd have been in the market for him. He runs the channels rather than cutting and drifting into the middle a la Young, but he is a fantastic player.

They still want Modric too, wowza. Modric, Mata, Torres could be a fearsome trio.

The end of Benayoun perhaps. Rumours of him re-joining Liverpool, that'd be beyond weird. Wouldn't like him back, didn't like the way he left.

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:33 AM ----------

Let me guess...

Diarra is signing for Spurs, therefore Modric MUST BE GOING.

2+2=5

Ballague said it, so more like 2+2=4.

I hope! Hopefully not as many injuries though, needs someone on the other wing though too, unless Sturridge steps up, which I would be more than happy with. Just can't wait to see him play for Chelsea, first player we've had (obviously if he joins) like Robben since he left and it's been missed very much.

4-2-2-2

Ramires/Essien holding, Mata LAM Sturridge RAM Drogba/Lukaku ST Torres ST

No room for Frank in my plans, not at the minute. Needs to show me his fitness before I would include him in any of my ideal XI's for Chelsea.

Still not convinced that Modric will be sold but I could be wrong.

That would work really well imo. But Yossi doesn't seem too optimistic about his future.

Probably since chelsea have been after Modric, but that shouldnt be a problem, Modric and Mikel behind that front 4, Ramires and McEachran covering

Lampard not really in my thoughts to be honest he limits what formations can be played

I genuinely think Chelsea are trying to get Paulo Henrique for next summer/January when Santos will allow him to leave for around £25m. They know Frank's coming to the end of his career and they have no one who can really step into his role, Modric/Moutinho are deeper players and Henrique fits the bill as an advanced goal scoring creative player.

I would say watch this space on that transfer to replace Frank.

I genuinely think Chelsea are trying to get Paulo Henrique for next summer/January when Santos will allow him to leave for around £25m. They know Frank's coming to the end of his career and they have no one who can really step into his role, Modric/Moutinho are deeper players and Henrique fits the bill as an advanced goal scoring creative player.

I would say watch this space on that transfer to replace Frank.

Yeah, depends how our team looks in a few months I'd say. Balague seems to think we're tracking him, which you'd expect though as he's a top talent. Seems A.C. aren't looking his as likely to be his destination after all. Although I'd still make them favourites.

And what I mean by see how our team looks is that we need to make sure there's a spot for McEachran in 2, maybe 3 years time. Unless we go back to playing Josh in a Pirlo role, which I think he could play really well in.

Imagine...Ganso, Romeu, McEachran, Moutinho/Modric, Mikel, Ramires...That would be some midfield, and imagine the sort of football we could play...Almost forgot, there's Piazon too, but he plays a bit higher up.​

Last edited:
Arsenal players that can play in the middle:

Song, Diaby, Ramsey, Rosicky, Nasri,Wilshere, Frimpong.

Your point being?

VDV doesn't play in the middle, he plays off the striker.
Palacios is more than likely to be leaving.
Kranjcar is in the Rafa mould.

Diarra, Modric, Thudd, Sandro to be the main 4, with Jenas content to sit on the bench collecting his money, could be off to villa though.

Also got a lot of cup games which Livermore will be likely to play in.

where in the post was i moaning or anything? just pointing it out. good to have depth.

4-2-2-2

Ramires/Essien holding, Mata LAM Sturridge RAM Drogba/Lukaku ST Torres ST

No room for Frank in my plans, not at the minute. Needs to show me his fitness before I would include him in any of my ideal XI's for Chelsea.

Still not convinced that Modric will be sold but I could be wrong.

I like 4-2-2-2s, but I'm not convinced it would work in England. Brazilians love them, though.

Jenas content to sit on the bench collecting his money, could be off to villa though.

Yeah. No. We've done our transfer business, and besides, the thought of Jermaine 'What kind of player am I exactly apart from mediocre' Jenas at Villa makes me shiver.

Jean Makoun leaving Villa already?

Greek clubs in for him and a few French teams like Lille.

Wonder if Arsene will make a move?

Can't believe Villa want rid of him already, he's not set the world alight but he's hardly been given a chance to settle into a role.

I like 4-2-2-2s, but I'm not convinced it would work in England. Brazilians love them, though.

Yeah. No. We've done our transfer business, and besides, the thought of Jermaine 'What kind of player am I exactly apart from mediocre' Jenas at Villa makes me shiver.

You sure you don't want Hutton?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back