Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know how reliable Transfertavern is? They're reporting that Arsenal are launching a 30 million Euros bid for Jaielka AND Baines. But I don't know how reliable they are

Liking this very much :D

doubt its real as i have never ever ever heard of the website before lol

Last edited:
Dalglish’s need for further defensive cover increased on Monday after Liverpool allowed Greek international Sotirios Kyrgiakos to join Wolfsburg on a free transfer.

The 6ft 6 in Coates impressed during Uruguay’s victorious Copa America campaign and has been monitored by Manchester City prior to their capture of Stefan Savic. Currently with Nacional, Coates was due to switch to Brazilian side Sao Paulo, only for the Uruguayan side to pull out of the deal when his profile – and price – rocketed.

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish targets Uruguayan Sebastian Coates after Sotirios Kyrgiakos's departure - Telegraph

Yes please, young player award at the Copa, and he's ******* six foot six.

Dalglish’s need for further defensive cover increased on Monday after Liverpool allowed Greek international Sotirios Kyrgiakos to join Wolfsburg on a free transfer.

The 6ft 6 in Coates impressed during Uruguay’s victorious Copa America campaign and has been monitored by Manchester City prior to their capture of Stefan Savic. Currently with Nacional, Coates was due to switch to Brazilian side Sao Paulo, only for the Uruguayan side to pull out of the deal when his profile – and price – rocketed.

Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish targets Uruguayan Sebastian Coates after Sotirios Kyrgiakos's departure - Telegraph

Yes please, young player award at the Copa, and he's ******* six foot six.

Make it so. Quality player

juanmata10 Juan Mata García

Travel to London for medical examination,and come back to Valencia to say goodbay to everybody as you deserve...thanks so much!

Mata said this on twitter;
Then de gea said this

D_DeGea David De Gea

Enhorabuena @juanmata10 bienvenido a la Premier. Te veo en el Teatro de los sueños!!!

Which means,
Congratulations Juan Mata welcome to the Premier League. See you at the Theatre of Dreams!

Looks like its official then,Good signing for Chelski

Last edited:
^ ^

What the **** happened to that post lol

Copy and paste direct from Twitter.

Apparently Newcastle are going after Scott Loach.

Kevin Nolan has told West Ham's hierarchy to sign Joey Barton, should the club fail to hang onto Scott Parker.

You all know how much I admire Coates.

Captained Nacional for 2 years, the next Lugano (Potentially better).

His positioning is his main strength, he reads the game as good as anyone I've seen. He's got the height to match Cannavaro's skills of reading the game. Really, really rate him.

Arsenal/City/Liverpool have all scouted him very closely for the past year. Arsenal nearly signed him last summer for 4m pounds but pulled the plug on it, City had a chance to sign him earlier this summer but I can't see them firming up their interest.

With Roma signing Kjaer and Juve's mind pre occupied the path is clear for Liverpool (Especially with Suarez).

If Chelsea sell Alex to Juve as expected it really would not surprise me if they moved for him over Rolando. Definitely a transfer that's heating up. Destination Europe for Coates no doubt about it, can't praise him highly enough.

Main attributes: Power, determination, vision, reading the game, work rate.

Weaknesses: Can improve technically but that will come, slightly lacking the accuracy to his headers in the opposition box but again...That should come.

Not concrete that his destination is LFC, City/Chelsea could still go in for him.

No chance of Arsenal going in, left a bitter taste when they pulled out of a deal for him last summer. Both him+Nacional were less than impressed with Arsenal.

You all know how much I admire Coates.

Captained Nacional for 2 years, the next Lugano (Potentially better).

His positioning is his main strength, he reads the game as good as anyone I've seen. He's got the height to match Cannavaro's skills of reading the game. Really, really rate him.

Arsenal/City/Liverpool have all scouted him very closely for the past year. Arsenal nearly signed him last summer for 4m pounds but pulled the plug on it, City had a chance to sign him earlier this summer but I can't see them firming up their interest.

With Roma signing Kjaer and Juve's mind pre occupied the path is clear for Liverpool (Especially with Suarez).

If Chelsea sell Alex to Juve as expected it really would not surprise me if they moved for him over Rolando. Definitely a transfer that's heating up. Destination Europe for Coates no doubt about it, can't praise him highly enough.

Main attributes: Power, determination, vision, reading the game, work rate.

Weaknesses: Can improve technically but that will come, slightly lacking the accuracy to his headers in the opposition box but again...That should come.

Not concrete that his destination is LFC, City/Chelsea could still go in for him.

No chance of Arsenal going in, left a bitter taste when they pulled out of a deal for him last summer. Both him+Nacional were less than impressed with Arsenal.

IMO, they need

Amauri.

Being reported that Mikel Arteta turned down the chance to move to Arsenal. However, if terms were improved he would consider it. Reported by Agent_ITK

Harry Redknapp says Tottenham will offer Luka Modric a new contract

Harry Redknapp says Tottenham will offer Luka Modric a new contract | Football | The Guardian

• Spurs manager says Croatian will not join Chelsea
• Midfielder did not play in defeat by Manchester United

Luka-Modric-Tottenham-Hot-007.jpg
Tottenham are confident of keeping Luka Modric despite continued interest from Chelsea. Photograph: Jed Leicester/Action Images

Tottenham Hotspur have emphatically told Chelsea they will not change their mind about selling Luka Modric and are now in the process of putting together a new contract to help make up for denying the Croatian the move he wanted to Stamford Bridge.
Harry Redknapp is urging the Spurs chairman, Daniel Levy, to make his peace with Modric after admitting the two men had "fallen out" over an occasionally acrimonious saga that led to the player pulling out of the 3-0 defeat at Manchester United on Monday night because, to quote his manager, "his head was not right".

Redknapp believes the London club must now demonstrate to Modric how important he is to their plans and the Spurs manager spoke of his confidence that the supporters will eventually forgive the player for wanting to join a rival.
"He will stay and we will move on," Redknapp said. "The chairman has made his mind up that he's not going to sell him and there's no point this late in the window because it's hard to get replacements and that won't help anyone.

"The chairman has to sit down with him and have a chat. They fell out a bit over the first meeting. Daniel needs to tell him we want him, that he's important and a big player for us. We'll bring in players and if we show him we are an ambitious club you might find the boy will be OK. He's told me he will look at his contract in a month or two and said he's not going. It will be difficult for him to go back on that."
That will represent a blow to Chelsea after offering around £30m for a player they have trailed all summer. Redknapp admitted Chelsea, whose initial bid was £22m, were "no longer offering derisory money" but refused to condemn Modric for pulling out of the trip to Old Trafford. "Let's be truthful, he wanted to go. He's had an offer and he knows what he could earn elsewhere and sees it as an opportunity to move. He's not been in the right frame of mind but we can't go on like that, we've got to get him playing.
"He's had a little hamstring, nothing that bad, but he came to see me and said, 'Gaffer, my hamstring's a bit tight' and that he couldn't play. I said we needed him but he said he wasn't right."

"It was a problem for us but I've said many times that you wouldn't meet a better boy. He's got confused by it all because I wouldn't think he's ever caused anyone a problem in his life before. Some players can handle it (transfer sagas) and say they're going otherwise they'll cause havoc. I know players that have done it: 'I'll cause havoc around the dressing room, you'd better let me go'. But he wouldn't cause anyone a problem."

Redknapp went on to say Modric will probably play against Hearts in the second leg of their Europa League playoff on Thursday. "He will get on with his football. I am sure he will. He loves playing football and this has been totally out of character. He's a model pro usually. I haven't come across many better boys, he is an example to anybody.
"Samir Nasri didn't get booed (when he played for Arsenal) on Saturday, and I don't think Luka will get booed. It is not an easy situation - if someone came along and said they will treble your wages you would find it hard to say no, and that is the situation the boy is in. If someone offers you £150,000 a week instead of £50,000 or whatever it's not easy, and you are going to have your head turned.

"Arsenal have had this all summer with (Cesc) Fabregas and Nasri - Fabregas has gone and Nasri is likely to go - and it's not easy to keep people when they want to go. But the chairman is the man who will make the decision and, if anyone can pick him (Modric) up, I can. I have a great relationship with him, I really want to keep the boy and if we can keep him and add one or two that would be great.

"The chairman is dealing with Manchester City about Emmanuel Adebayor and I would think there is every chance that will happen. He will be a good loan signing for us if we can get him but we need other players too."

Liverpool submitted a £5m bid for Sebastian Coates yesterday.

Player keen on a move, this will happen sharply and quickly probably be resolved by Friday.

KEY thing: Manchester City have said they will respond to Liverpool's bid today and submit their own bid to Nacional for Coates.

I'm expecting City's proposal to end up at around £7m (Nacionals asking price), if Liverpool up theirs after City make a bid then who knows.

I make City favourites IF they put a bid in by 12am tonight. I think City have Coates tied up, been in prime position for him all summer and LFC attempt will just make them more urgent to tie him up.

Expecting Boyata to leave on loan, probably to Bolton.

Sicily?

Mario wouldn't like it there, the restaurants are terrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back