Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it a verified account?

What was Wenger thinking to make that sort of bid. 6 Million is not even enough for a decent prospect let alone established CB.

No, but it's definitely him. Agreed on the bid, stupid by Wenger.

I do understand Wenger starting with a low bid but I thought they would at least set a base price of 10 million considering the prices being touted were near 15-17m

I do understand Wenger starting with a low bid but I thought they would at least set a base price of 10 million considering the prices being touted were near 15-17m

Something like 8M + 4M add-ons will be accepted I think.

And there's the joke of the day. £6 million for Cahill. That's just so....not funny actually. Does he actually think the CBs he's bid for deserve to be valued at £10 million or more?

Something like 8M + 4M add-ons will be accepted I think.

really? I was under the impression that Bolton will play hardball knowing that Cahill is their prized asset and Wenger has a huge war chest with him, do not think he will go for anything less than 15m tbh and considering he is english, he will always be over-priced

really? I was under the impression that Bolton will play hardball knowing that Cahill is their prized asset and Wenger has a huge war chest with him, do not think he will go for anything less than 15m tbh and considering he is english, he will always be over-priced

Well it will either be that or nothing. He'll just leave on a free next summer.. :/

this isnt always true, this jingoism is something that just pops up in the paper. Cahill's nationality doesnt matter, hes that good ad important for bolton his price is always going to be high

Are Liverpool not interested in Cahill anymore? Would've been an excellent fit for them

this isnt always true, this jingoism is something that just pops up in the paper. Cahill's nationality doesnt matter, hes that good ad important for bolton his price is always going to be high

Maybe what your saying is correct but with the new squad rules, surely the price of English Players is always going to be slightly more than what clubs value them at...

---------- Post added at 06:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:48 PM ----------

Well it will either be that or nothing. He'll just leave on a free next summer.. :/

that could possibly be true as well but Bolton know that Wenger desperately needs a CB and has money on him so they are definitely going to play ball with Arsenal according to me... think they will have to find a price where Arsenal are comfortable with but they get their money's worth

Getting Coates now aren't they.

Ah yeah forgot about him. Me bad :$

---------- Post added at 12:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 AM ----------

Reading Spanish press, and Arteta now linked with Malaga, as well as Villareal. Interesting 6 days coming up I suspect

Last edited:
SkySports Sky Sports

West Ham United have confirmed the club are in talks with Tottenham Hotspur over midfielder Scott Parker.

So Weiss got to Ukraine and told Kyiv the move was off...

Now he's moving to Wigan Athletic.

Glad he's staying in the Premier League, he could be a good signing for Wigan.

Weiss essentially said the offer (He wouldn't say it was Wigan but said it's in an opposite country to Ukraine and it was opposite financially) looks really good and it should happen. He also said that at this stage of his career he should make decisions for football not for financial reasons.

Looks like it's a loan with a view to buy at the end of it.

Luke Young in talks over move to QPR

I saw that too. Shame, he's a properly consistent full-back, the definition of the word solid. After years of being backup to Carlos Cuellar at right-back he deserves a chance, though. Good luck to him.

Now for Lichaj and his monster throws to step up. <3

So Weiss got to Ukraine and told Kyiv the move was off...

Now he's moving to Wigan Athletic.

Glad he's staying in the Premier League, he could be a good signing for Wigan.

Weiss essentially said the offer (He wouldn't say it was Wigan but said it's in an opposite country to Ukraine and it was opposite financially) looks really good and it should happen. He also said that at this stage of his career he should make decisions for football not for financial reasons.

Looks like it's a loan with a view to buy at the end of it.
Great deal for Wigan if it goes through. Had always rated Weiss pretty highly.

I saw that too. Shame, he's a properly consistent full-back, the definition of the word solid. After years of being backup to Carlos Cuellar at right-back he deserves a chance, though. Good luck to him.

Now for Lichaj and his monster throws to step up. <3

Oh, that's good, I thought he might be a bit ***** now but it take it he's still good now?

Oh, that's good, I thought he might be a bit ***** now but it take it he's still good now?

Certainly still good. About as solid a full-back as you can find. Experienced, versatile (plays on either flank), two footed and good defensively and offensively: see his excellent goal against Everton last year for example.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back