Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Certainly still good. About as solid a full-back as you can find. Experienced, versatile (plays on either flank), two footed and good defensively and offensively: see his excellent goal against Everton last year for example.

I don't seem to recall that one...........*cough*

I don't seem to recall that one...........*cough*

Oh you remember that, it was the horrifically cheap smash and grab win we got that condemned you to your worst league start for a decade. ;)

Oh you remember that, it was the horrifically cheap smash and grab win we got that condemned you to your worst league start for a decade. ;)

nooooooo.no...definately don't remember it. Must be me age...or I got drunk after the match. Anway, on to other rumours now...(A)

Last edited:
there's gon' be a queue round white city estate the way things are going, barton and swp at loftus rd now with young on his way!

QPR expected to announce the signing of Joey Barton on a free shortly

QPR are quietly building a good team of experienced Prem players.

Definately. I remember saying they would have enough to cause Premiership clubs problems-with Barton in the mix they could finish higher than I originally predicted (which was 16th), and I now predict Newcastle to finish lower than I predicted (which was top 10)

Boyata loan move to Bolton looks like it's done.

Fantastic move for the player and for Bolton.

Him and Cahill on paper are a perfect combo for CB's, I think my fantasy team may await Boyata if Bolton hold on to Cahill.

Add the fact that they got a good manager in Warnock and now a commited owner who is willing to invest his resources into the club, I think if they survive this season, they can easily go on to build a solid club that will be a mainstay in the PLM

Add the fact that they got a good manager in Warnock and now a commited owner who is willing to invest his resources into the club, I think if they survive this season, they can easily go on to build a solid club that will be a mainstay in the PLM

I genuinley think they can finish mid-table this season.

Frank Arnesen is going to pump every penny out of this transfer, he has already stated he wont let Elia leave unless an offer around the 20m mark comes in

Would be a quality signing by Wenger nontheless if he makes it happen

---------- Post added at 11:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:31 PM ----------

I genuinley think they can finish mid-table this season.

tough. Unfortunately for Warnock, the club takeover happened a wee bit late and I think they will be finishing around 15-17th mark this season tbh but Fernandes is a really smart man who strikes me as someone who knows his stuff, I think given enough time, he can bring in the right players for QPR and bring the club onto the right path

OliverKayTimes Oliver Kay

Interesting from @rorysmith_tel. Atletico Madrid have made a late bid for seemingly Liverpool-bound defender Sebastian Coates

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

rorysmith_tel Rory Smith
Atletico bid being discussed by Nacional despite the fact Coates was due in for (and as far as I know attended) a medical today. #LFC

hmm.... think Coates is destined for Liverpool because he wants to play in the same club as Suarez as that was the main reason he rejected interest from Man City

Atleti did this to my knowledge 3 times so far this summer.

They launched a bid for Coates knowing he was joining Chelsea.

They also tried to hijack Santa Cruz's loan move to Betis last week AND they tried to hijack Angel's move to Roma.

I can't see the point in them doing it personally he's essentially set for Liverpool.

Coates didn't reject City it was just a case that City didn't definitively go in for him with an offer for whatever reason.

I wouldn't worry about Atleti's attempt like I said they have tried to do it all summer.

Atleti did this to my knowledge 3 times so far this summer.

They launched a bid for Coates knowing he was joining Chelsea.

They also tried to hijack Santa Cruz's loan move to Betis last week AND they tried to hijack Angel's move to Roma.

I can't see the point in them doing it personally he's essentially set for Liverpool.

Coates didn't reject City it was just a case that City didn't definitively go in for him with an offer for whatever reason.

I wouldn't worry about Atleti's attempt like I said they have tried to do it all summer.

think you are dreaming too much of Coates wearing a Chelsea shirt :P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back