Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
If this is true, this will likely kill any chance of a hazard deal present or future

This is the problem, it's not the player that we are buying, we need a new striker. It's the fact that we have hijacked the deal and have hindered any future deals with Lille in the future.

---------- Post added at 12:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

South Korean striker Park Chu-Young due to have undergo medical at Arsenal, BBC Sport understands

Realistically, we will get this guy, Marvin Martin and probably Cahill on deadline day.

@tonyfernandesTony Fernandes

Pleased to say we have signed Luke Young. Great for our defense. Red flag for P2. Hopefully this don't happen to often. Qpr and F1 hahahah.

---------- Post added at 01:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:43 PM ----------

I like and rate Mateja Kezman a lot (although he's nowhere near the player he was now) but I can't help but LOL at this.

Kezman:
Manchester City are interested and I have some interest from NAC.

Man City? LOL!

If you're right and you do sign Marvin Martin, Park Chu-Young and Gary Cahill - that is superb business for 5 days.

Park Chu Young deal with Lille was mainly so cheap because of his impending military service.

There is a movement (Led by Park Ji Sung) to exempt footballers from having to serve in the Korean military, problem is the appetite of the government isn't really towards that goal.

Lille essentially offered half the fee to Monaco (Around 3m euros) if Chu Young avoided military service in 2 years time, it's unlikely but not impossible.

I think he's a good signing, the sort of striker Arsenal need. He's quick, experienced and sharp which will show I'm sure with the standard of service he will get at Arsenal. Suspect this hijack was helped by Wenger's close ties with Monaco, amazing that Park didn't even tell Lille though and just did a runner from the hotel to hop the pond to Arsenal...Amazing.

If you're right and you do sign Marvin Martin, Park Chu-Young and Gary Cahill - that is superb business for 5 days.

On the not so bright side Marvin Martin is cup tied IIRC.

This £40m bid has been reported every day by every tabloid...

No wonder Chelsea aren't getting him, they're putting the same bid in every day.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Grygera to Fulham should be announced by Fulham today. If not today then at some point tomorrow, having his medical today. Already said he's leaving Juve for a new challenge and sold his house in Turin. Think he's a good RB signing.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Triple post coming up...

A Roma patron director (Essentially a non executive) has said that Manchester City are still talking to De Rossi and the club about a transfer.

He said: ''It's up to Danielle whether he stays or go's. Therefore we hope he can play for Roma to the end of his career, but ultimately it’s his decision''

Unbelievable that City are still going after him, this has been rumbling along all summer with De Rossi no showing to meetings to resign his contract etc.

The bid being reported is £29m, amazing that despite all the noises/claims that they are done City continue to try and get De Rossi.

How he fits in is beyond me but it would appear they are still trying to sign him. I know this much, City's contract offer is at leasttwice his current £3m a year contract. He has 1 year left on his contract if anyone isn't aware, amazing coup if City can close this deal.

This £40m bid has been reported every day by every tabloid...

No wonder Chelsea aren't getting him, they're putting the same bid in every day.

---------- Post added at 11:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 AM ----------

Grygera to Fulham should be announced by Fulham today. If not today then at some point tomorrow, having his medical today. Already said he's leaving Juve for a new challenge and sold his house in Turin. Think he's a good RB signing.

---------- Post added at 07:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:30 AM ----------

Triple post coming up...

A Roma patron director (Essentially a non executive) has said that Manchester City are still talking to De Rossi and the club about a transfer.

He said: ''It's up to Danielle whether he stays or go's. Therefore we hope he can play for Roma to the end of his career, but ultimately it’s his decision''

Unbelievable that City are still going after him, this has been rumbling along all summer with De Rossi no showing to meetings to resign his contract etc.

The bid being reported is £29m, amazing that despite all the noises/claims that they are done City continue to try and get De Rossi.

How he fits in is beyond me but it would appear they are still trying to sign him. I know this much, City's contract offer is at leasttwice his current £3m a year contract. He has 1 year left on his contract if anyone isn't aware, amazing coup if City can close this deal.

How can they afford £6m a year for another midfielder with FFP?

You tell me. I could speculate on methods but I really do not have a clue. It's around 130k per week, given Nasri's on 160k, it is fairly 'low' by Citys standards.

Italian media reporting that Newcastle have agreed a fee of around 5m for Davide Santon.

Petr Bolek is also close to signing for Newcastle, pending Work Permit etc.

Italian media reporting that Newcastle have agreed a fee of around 5m for Davide Santon.

Petr Bolek is also close to signing for Newcastle, pending Work Permit etc.

5mill is not a bad fee, never seen him play in real life but on fm11 he seems a great prospect and will look a good signing for Newcastle

5mill is not a bad fee, never seen him play in real life but on fm11 he seems a great prospect and will look a good signing for Newcastle

As always though, I will believe it when I see it. Aly Cissokho looks to be Jose Enrique's replacement, several reports suggest a 8m fee is agreed in principle with add-ons etc.

As always though, I will believe it when I see it. Aly Cissokho looks to be Jose Enrique's replacement, several reports suggest a 8m fee is agreed in principle with add-ons etc.

he seems like the best replacement

Santon tailed off a bit, hasn't quite reproduced his early promise. Still plenty of time for him though.

Santon tailed off a bit, hasn't quite reproduced his early promise. Still plenty of time for him though.

Just turned 20. Still very raw, in the same way as Obertan, who has looked impressive since signing. All it takes is first team action, and some belief, and a player will blossom

Just turned 20. Still very raw, in the same way as Obertan, who has looked impressive since signing. All it takes is first team action, and some belief, and a player will blossom

Certainly. Would be an excellent signing for Newcastle. A good starting point in a team that won't put him under huge pressure, and one which has vacancies in the full-back positions. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at left-back.

Certainly. Would be an excellent signing for Newcastle. A good starting point in a team that won't put him under huge pressure, and one which has vacancies in the full-back positions. Wouldn't surprise me if he ended up at left-back.

Me either. But, I am still not fully convinced with Danny Simpson. Does look great some games, but in others, gets beaten far to easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back