Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right, Blackburn update (And It's not good):

John, Ibisevic, MEH and Brighi deals were all lined up for the next 48 hours.

But Blackburn pulled the plug on all of them today, cancelled every single one.

Something is not right at that football club, Roma say that they stood down when asked for proof that they could pay the fee (Bank guarantee's essentially).

Ibisevic/John were just cancelled as the players were set for medicals.

And I've just been told that in the Rochina transfer his agent was paid 3x the actual transfer fee as an agent fee.

The signing of Goodwillie was a fee structured over 4-5 YEARS (It's rare when it involved a 2.5m fee).

I just think something is not right there, I don't know if it's the owners/affiliation with a management company or even if Joe Simm is involved in it but something is not right at Blackburn.

Also another interesting line - They tried to SELL Formica this summer to Ukrainian clubs but the player/manager said no. It's truly an unclear situation at Blackburn.

Wow. To cancel them all like say indicates something is wrong there. Looking like another Everton situation could be in the offing soon

what LB's can we buy though as thier club wont sell due to not enough time to buy replacements :(

Arsene has f**ked up and has made it even harder to buy players

ALY ******* Cissohko.

Cissokho is most definitely available if someone coughs up the amount Lyon want. They are more than willing to do business and he would be a pretty good improvement on Gibbs/Traore imo.

Right, Blackburn update (And It's not good):

John, Ibisevic, MEH and Brighi deals were all lined up for the next 48 hours.

But Blackburn pulled the plug on all of them today, cancelled every single one.

Something is not right at that football club, Roma say that they stood down when asked for proof that they could pay the fee (Bank guarantee's essentially).

Ibisevic/John were just cancelled as the players were set for medicals.

And I've just been told that in the Rochina transfer his agent was paid 3x the actual transfer fee as an agent fee.

The signing of Goodwillie was a fee structured over 4-5 YEARS (It's rare when it involved a 2.5m fee).

I just think something is not right there, I don't know if it's the owners/affiliation with a management company or even if Joe Simm is involved in it but something is not right at Blackburn.

Also another interesting line - They tried to SELL Formica this summer to Ukrainian clubs but the player/manager said no. It's truly an unclear situation at Blackburn.

Well I lived in the owners city for 3 years and I can assure you that they don't have as much money as most prem fans think. In fact, I was very surprised they bought a club as they weren't close to the richest people(AFAIK) in a tier 2 city in India and I didn't think they could in any form compete with the better clubs in th league.

If they bought the club without any knowledge of football, which we can tell from their outrageous claims when they first came in, then Blackburn have gotten a rotten egg I suppose.

Their company Venky's reported a profit of less than 10 million pounds in the previous financial year, so to expect great things from them will be foolish. The profit reported is in a country where a number of companies show profits exceeding actual profits to improve their valuation.

Last edited:
Harry's trying to hijack Hargreaves move to West Brom...

I kid you not.

Sky Sports are on it?

Wow

I didn't know Sky Sports were running it, Harry is unbelievable.

Diarra to Tottenham is cold, wouldn't surprise me if he signs for Manchester United. Been rumbling all summer and United did show initial interest last month. If there's any incomings at United it will be Diarra (In my opinion).

Another midfielder.

Watch Arsenal hijack Hargreaves too, and bring Sol Campbell back to solve their defensive woes

Wouldn't surprise me the way things are going tbh

Arsenal have agreed a fee for Brazilian first choice left-back Andre Santos from Fenerbahce worth £5.9M.

They've also had a bid rejected for Mario Goetze and have been quoted €35M to sign him.

EDIT: @UnitedJosh (MUFC source named "TransferKing" by OpiniUnited) says the Goetze situation is similar to Jones one. If Arsenal move and get a bid accepted, he believe Fergie will move too.

Interesting...

Last edited:
Coates to LFC looks like it's going through.

Had the 2nd part of his medical today at Melwood, think there is pictures by fans since he stopped his car to sign autographs.

Was expecting tonight/tomorrow, it's a case of paperwork filed on Friday getting verified (Work permit etc)

I tell you what LFC fans you have one **** of a player.

Tempting me to become a closet LFC fan, such a great player. Have high hopes for him, hope he gets some game time to show all of you the player he is/can be. He's the closest thing to Cannavaro I have seen since Fabio, but he's a modern sweeper with height to match his sweeper attributes.

Just an amazing player.

Last edited:
Come on Arsene, go get us Mario Gotze. :)

---------- Post added at 02:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:26 PM ----------

Twitter talk:

TEAM_talk TEAMtalk Football

RT @GoonerTalk Fener have confirmed to Turkish stock exchange that Santos is in talks with an unnamed 'foreign' club. That club is #Arsenal.

Latest rumour on the #nufc tag on Twitter is Luca Toni... his agent has confirmed that he is in talks with an unknown foreign club, massive rumour that the club is Newcastle... i highly doubt it, but you never know, as a newcastle fans, i seriously hope this rumour isn't true

Arsenal have agreed a fee for Brazilian first choice left-back Andre Santos from Fenerbahce worth £5.9M.

They've also had a bid rejected for Mario Goetze and have been quoted €35M to sign him.

EDIT: @UnitedJosh (MUFC source named "TransferKing" by OpiniUnited) says the Goetze situation is similar to Jones one. If Arsenal move and get a bid accepted, he believe Fergie will move too.

Interesting...

Andre Santos is a good signing imo.

As for Götze, he wouldn't join Arsenal, right now it would be a step down tbfh. I think we'd have a chance at signing him in a couple of years time but I'd assume he wouldn't want to rush into a move abroad so early on in his career. He's definitely a player I want at United, that #7 shirt is waiting for him...

Also, Davide Santon to Newcastle? I broke that weeks ago ^^)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/8729862/Chelsea-show-renewed-interest-in-Liverpools-up-for-sale-Raul-Meireles.html

Meireles can leave [URL="http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/"]Liverpool
, and has been available for sale at £11 million, but it is understood that Liverpool would rather he went overseas than join another Premier League club, particularly Chelsea.

Indeed it is thought that Chelsea’s renewed interest in Meireles — who is greatly admired by manager André Villas-Boas — has already led to an increase in the fee being demanded by Liverpool. However, Chelsea are desperate to conclude the deal and will make a new cash bid.

Sources have indicated Liverpool do not want to re-sign Benayoun, who would like to return to the club he left last summer for £5 million. The Israeli is almost certain to leave Chelsea and it remains more likely he will join French champions Lille. There has been tentative contact fromArsenal — who have also inquired about Benayoun’s Chelsea team-mate Alex — but no bid has been made.

Chelsea’s interest in Meireles does not, yet, mean that they have given up all hope of signing Luka Modric from Tottenham Hotspur and they are weighing up making an improved offer of £40 million. However, Spurs chairman Daniel Levy has told Chelsea, once again, that Modric is not for sale ay any price.

Chelsea and their negotiators have tried to persuade club owner Roman Abramovich to give up on pursuing Modric but the Russian billionaire is still hoping he can conclude a deal given the fact the 25-year-old midfielder remains adamant he wants to leave.

[/URL]

Sneijder has took the microphone and said ''A transfer is not possible in this window'' and ''I'm happy at Inter. I will stay, life is good for me there.''

And I'm still getting people clinging to the phrase he uses ''Anything can happen''.

What more can he do?

I've had United fans telling me that Poli is a CAM, I've had them tell me Palacio is a Sneijder replacement. I've had them tell me that Inter have no money and their owner is broke (Oil Billionaire).

Now they're ignoring the fact he said ''Nothing will happen by this window'' and cling to one phrase out of the interview.

I feel for them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back