Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had them tell me that Inter have no money and their owner is broke (Oil Billionaire).
Strange that because about 10 or so pages back you were saying that inter need to sell because they have no money?
Interesting.

Strange that because about 10 or so pages back you were saying that inter need to sell because they have no money?
Interesting.

No, no, no.

I said they are having issues complying with Financial Fair Play.

Different to saying they are broke and they need to sell all their top earners.

City/Inter in not too dissimilar positions, they have rich owners who can't pump money in on a whim anymore. That's the issue Inter have, complying to FFP is very different to having no money.

They spent 14 million euros on Jonathan for crying out loud and alot on Alvarez/Poli...They're hardly skint.

Andre Santos is a good signing imo.

As for Götze, he wouldn't join Arsenal, right now it would be a step down tbfh. I think we'd have a chance at signing him in a couple of years time but I'd assume he wouldn't want to rush into a move abroad so early on in his career. He's definitely a player I want at United, that #7 shirt is waiting for him...

Also, Davide Santon to Newcastle? I broke that weeks ago ^^)

It's a step down in terms of the chances of winning a trophy in their respective countries, but not in any other way.

YoungGunsBlog Jamie Sanderson

Arsenal have confirmed to the BBC they will sign André Santosfrom Fenerbahçe, subject to a medical and personal terms.

Di Marzio is a decent enough source, he's a bit scatter gun but he's well connected with Italian clubs.

I've just watched the piece he did tonight on transfers, also said Elia deal is agreed (Juve) and a medical is due.

Sceptical on that one, but Marco Parolo (Elia's replacement) is close to joining Hamburg. So I will presume Elia is close to moving somewhere, it's either England (Chelsea/Arsenal) or Juve.

There was talk that City were in for him having missed out on Cerci, I'm sceptical but I wouldn't rule that option out completely.

Macheda to Newcastle - Him and Santon are essentially done deals, can't wait to watch NUFC in full flow with Ba/Macheda/Obertan/Marveux/Ben Arfa/Cabaye/Tiote...That's a pretty amazing midfield/strikeforce.

Liverpool reject £7m + Benayoun bid for Raul Meireles
David Hytner
guardian.co.uk, Mon 29 Aug 2011 23.48 BST
Chelsea have had an offer rejected for the Liverpool midfielder Raul Meireles of £7m plus Yossi Benayoun as a makeweight.

The London club will continue to talk to Liverpool in the hope of making progress for Meireles, as they look to close the transfer window with a flourish, but Benayoun is unlikely to be part of any deal – Liverpool sold the midfielder to Chelsea last summer for £5m and they have the first option on him but they do not appear to want him back.

Benayoun sees no future for himself at Stamford Bridge and he wants to leave, Arsenal, Tottenham Hotspur and Lille having shown an interest in him. Chelsea remain determined to sign Luka Modric from Tottenham, meaning that Benayoun has found himself advanced in a makeweight in those negotiations.
Chelsea also hope to take the left-sided player Alvaro Pereira from Porto before Wednesday's deadline. They failed with a bid of €20m (£17.7m) last week, which fell short of the €30m buy-out clause in the Uruguayan's contract, but they are encouraged by the player's desire to complete the move.

what is it Chelsea wanting Liverpool players

Di Marzio is a decent enough source, he's a bit scatter gun but he's well connected with Italian clubs.

I've just watched the piece he did tonight on transfers, also said Elia deal is agreed (Juve) and a medical is due.

Sceptical on that one, but Marco Parolo (Elia's replacement) is close to joining Hamburg. So I will presume Elia is close to moving somewhere, it's either England (Chelsea/Arsenal) or Juve.

There was talk that City were in for him having missed out on Cerci, I'm sceptical but I wouldn't rule that option out completely.

Macheda to Newcastle - Him and Santon are essentially done deals, can't wait to watch NUFC in full flow with Ba/Macheda/Obertan/Marveux/Ben Arfa/Cabaye/Tiote...That's a pretty amazing midfield/strikeforce.

I agree, Obertan is such :wub:

Joe Cole is in a London hotel (That's confirmed) tonight.

''Sources close to Joe say he's having a medical tomorrow (Later today) at a London club.''

Obvious answer to this story is QPR, but would we really rule out Harry signing Hargreaves/Parker/Cole?

THFC, QPR, WHUFC are the front runners.

Some speculation that Arsene made a cheeky bid, I doubt it.

Fee is £1.8m whoever signs him.

was reading in some places that chelsea want £10 mil for alex, but arsenal think they can get him for less (£7mil) and...
£8 mil for malouda...

Joe Cole is in a London hotel (That's confirmed) tonight.

''Sources close to Joe say he's having a medical tomorrow (Later today) at a London club.''

Obvious answer to this story is QPR, but would we really rule out Harry signing Hargreaves/Parker/Cole?

THFC, QPR, WHUFC are the front runners.

Some speculation that Arsene made a cheeky bid, I doubt it.

Fee is £1.8m whoever signs him.

dont wanna see joe cole at arsenal.

let him be a spurs. lol XD

Summarising Alvaro Pereira to Chelsea:

In the balance, his agent (Talking from London) has essentially gone on a rant at Porto. Chelsea HAVE submitted a 2nd bid for him but they are not hopeful it will be accepted. Porto are essentially wanting 28m euros for the player and Chelsea are offering around 24m euros.

Have some quotes from his agent here:

Alejandro Savichara (Agent): "I do not remember in the history of football a LB costing that price, on top of an economic environment that we currently live in and a player who has no EU passport. It's all in the hands of Antero (Porto director) at the minute. I'm not responsible for what may happen with Alvaro's transfer, it's in Porto's hands. You know how much Luis Suarez cost Liverpool? 26 million! It is an outrage that a LB who does not score goals be priced so high.''

Essentially the player/agent want the move very badly and Porto trying to get all the cash they can from Chelsea. The will of the agent/player in pushing this could seal it, Porto know he's not worth 30m euros. Da Costa wants the money to sign Leandro Damaio who he knows he will need at least an extra 15m euros and then offer Walter in some sort of 80% ownership for a year then buy him outright next summer. (Damaio's ownership issues a major problem for Spurs)

So to summarise, this could go through today/tomorrow/1st September it's a case of Porto saying ''yes'' to Chelsea.

Player himself is in Kharkov with the Uruguayan NT, he's on standby to fly to London at any stage/time over the next 2 days to complete the deal.

Player himself is not needed to get the transfer passed by 11pm tomorrow. As long as papers showing a signature on the contract/transfer agreement/work permit are all filed by 11pm a medical can be undertaken on the 1st September.

This deal is firmly in the balance, Chelsea will not submit a 3rd offer if their 2nd is rejected that much is for certain.

L'Equipe have said that Per Mertesacker is set to become an Arsenal player, and gunnerblog (very reliable Arsenal source) says that it's true and should be completed by the end of the day.

That's a disaster for Arsenal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back