Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah he WAS quality, who knows what he is capable of these days.... It's funny looking at all the love for Hargreaves now.... anyone remember when he was thought of in the same way as Barry (even worse at one point actually). Until he played his socks off in a bunch of matches for England anyway.

Been a sad waste of a great player with all those injuries. Hope to see him play again

i remember that, it told you more about the ignorance of England fans than anything else

Only problem is, if he does go to City, Mancini is going to have a **** of a headache picking the 25 man squad. Jammy *******

Arsenal seem to be signing people now.

Mertesacker, some striker, and have enquiried about Alex from Chelsea

Only problem is, if he does go to City, Mancini is going to have a **** of a headache picking the 25 man squad. Jammy *******

With Hargreaves....City have a 23-man squad (excluding all the frozen players). And thats including someone like Balo and Savic who are under 21. But it looks like Hargreaves cannot be named in the CL squad. Unless City name 2 keepers only. Because City can only name 22 and the other 3 for club-trained players.

Last edited:
Just hope all Man Utd fans will wish him well-but I suspect there's some going to be some extreme bitterness from certain "fans". Deserves to be back in top flight football wherever he goes. Though I will hate him if he plays against us and scores lol

I wont wish him good luck and pray that he should be back to his best as he has left a bitter taste by signing for rivals after paying his medical bills for 3 years. Saying that I wont wish him any more injuries either. I just hope he wont get a chance for one more year so that he gets released from City then he can join other non rival team to flourish.

I wont wish him good luck and pray that he should be back to his best as he has left a bitter taste by signing for rivals after paying his medical bills for 3 years. Saying that I wont wish him any more injuries either. I just hope he wont get a chance for one more year so that he gets released from City then he can join other non rival team to flourish.

Tbf though he just wants to play football. Some fans may be a bit narked, but playing for City may help him get back in the England squad. It's just one of those things unfortunately, like when Rooney went to Man Utd. Felt like a stab in the heart initially, but look how he turned out.

i would have rather he went to West Brom instead of City, after all we have done for him? Complete ****.

He did offer to play for free, and we didn't take it. Best of luck to him.

Tbf though he just wants to play football. Some fans may be a bit narked, but playing for City may help him get back in the England squad. It's just one of those things unfortunately, like when Rooney went to Man Utd. Felt like a stab in the heart initially, but look how he turned out.

Without having played for 3 years no way Mancini will play him ahead of De Jong, Barry, Toure. Fair enough that he got one more chance for playing for a club that can win trophies. But he will be back up at best with his fitness issues and I dont see how it helps in regaining England spot.

Maybe move to mid table teams where he could have played would have helped. Maybe.

I wont hold anything against him as he deserves some luck after having horrible 3 years. I just wish that happens after one year.

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:58 PM ----------

He did offer to play for free, and we didn't take it. Best of luck to him.

Yeah I know. After sounding so desperate to play for us, how can he sign for City is beyond me. Like I said I wont hold anything against him. He made decision that was best for him. We released him and we can't complain.

i would have rather he went to West Brom instead of City, after all we have done for him? Complete ****.

Urrrh, Considering, I imagine, Man City will be paying him a fair bit more than West Brom would do, and he will have better facilities to help keep his fitness up, he is coming to the end of his career, getting to the point where it's about getting a large pay cheque, rather than a lot of playing time.

He has no reason not to go to Man City, you had your chance to offer him a new contract, and you didn't, so don't start crying when he joins your rivals, he has every right to do so.

Urrrh, Considering, I imagine, Man City will be paying him a fair bit more than West Brom would do, and he will have better facilities to help keep his fitness up, he is coming to the end of his career, getting to the point where it's about getting a large pay cheque, rather than a lot of playing time.

He has no reason not to go to Man City, you had your chance to offer him a new contract, and you didn't, so don't start crying when he joins your rivals, he has every right to do so.

I'm not crying, and i don't care if he joins Man City i said i would have jsut rathered he joined West Brom, i understand where your coming from, i'm just making my own point of view

Hargreaves is a *****! He should pay Manchester United to let him play for them. And to show his dedication he should live in the bins round the back of Old Trafford. AND he should be made to constantly wear one of those novelty t-shirts with the cartoon of a guy wearing a united shirt ******* onto a City shirt.

Pft, going to a major club and getting payed for it. Who does he think he is!?

It's like getting a job offer from two big companies. One has adequate working facilities, average amount of money, the other has top of the range working conditions, top of the range equipment, tons of wonga, world class manager (no offence Roy)..it's a no brainer. He got offered a job, he took it. If you're a free agent, and you get that sort of offer....well, it's a no brainer tbh.

Every player that I liked - Silva, Dzeko, Aguero, Balotelli, Bellamy and now Hargreaves are joining City. I swear I will never like anyone good anymore.

He offered to play for free. That totally sounds like a man thinking about getting a bigger pay cheque right?

But no, I'm happy that he's getting another chance with a good team, just annoyed that that team is Man City.

He offered to play for ManUnited for free. I doubt he is going to City for money.

He probably still wants to be a footballer and play at the highest level with the biggest player he possibly can play with now.

Dont think City will offer him a huge contract. Probably a contract mostly based on pay as you play. No doubt he will earn more at City than at West Brom if he keeps himself fit and gets to play.

He offered to play for ManUnited for free. I doubt he is going to City for money.

He probably still wants to be a footballer and play at the highest level with the biggest player he possibly can play with now.

Dont think City will offer him a huge contract. Probably a contract mostly based on pay as you play. No doubt he will earn more at City than at West Brom if he keeps himself fit and gets to play.

And win more. With the greatest respect to West Brom, he's a player capable of the top level. Why should he turn city down? I hold nothing against him and i hope he returns to his best

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back