Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
He offered to play for free. That totally sounds like a man thinking about getting a bigger pay cheque right?

But no, I'm happy that he's getting another chance with a good team, just annoyed that that team is Man City.

Obviously he wanted to repay the faith showed in him. Once that has gone, he has no obligation to sign for a lesser team. At City he could get the chance to win the league, play champions league football and get paid a lot more than any other team. I don't see how you can condemn a man for simply taking the best option offered to him, it isn't his fault that Man City offered him a deal, and I am sure if given the opportunity to join Chelsea/Liverpool/Arsenal, then he would do over City out of respect, because he seems like that kind of guy.

He offered to play for ManUnited for free. I doubt he is going to City for money.

To him it is a win/win situation at City.

Play: Get paid. Might win stuff. Might play for England. Prove doubters wrong.

Bench all season: Get paid. Might win stuff. Might play for England (look at A.Johnson). Slightly prove doubters wrong.

Spend the season injured: Get paid. (obviously not as much as options 1/2, if he is on a pay as you play deal, but I am sure he will have a basic salary)

I am sure money will have played a part, at the end of the day, who is going to turn down more money?

To him it is a win/win situation at City.

Play: Get paid. Might win stuff. Might play for England. Prove doubters wrong.

Bench all season: Get paid. Might win stuff. Might play for England (look at A.Johnson). Slightly prove doubters wrong.

Spend the season injured: Get paid. (obviously not as much as options 1/2, if he is on a pay as you play deal, but I am sure he will have a basic salary)

I am sure money will have played a part, at the end of the day, who is going to turn down more money?

Surely he has some kind of basic salary. But a player who has had so big injury problems in the last 3 years will surely have his contract heavily based on how available he is.

But thats not a problem, im sure City didn't have to wave money at him and he is more than happy to come. I think he sees City as his last opportunity to perform at the highest level. CL and maybe win trophies etc...like you said.

He will play with big players and i think if he keeps himself fit, he can really play a big part.

Scott Parker hands in official transfer request. Spurs bound now by looks of it

Done and dusted.

scaled.php

Sky Sports

Arsenal have made an enquiry for Fiorentina star Juan Manuel Vargas, skysports.com understands.

haha, brilliant.

A load of journalists who support Liverpool have been reporting that Liverpool have bid £40M for Neymar just to catch Sky Sports out.

Although, if it were true, I'd go mental!

Not sure if anyone has done this yet but here goes:

Owen Hargreave's move to Manchester City has broken down amid another injury scare.

He fell out of the transfer window

Not sure if anyone has done this yet but here goes:

Owen Hargreave's move to Manchester City has broken down amid another injury scare.

He fell out of the transfer window

*sigh* Get out

Surely if Hargreaves wants to stay fit he should stay as far away from De Jong in training as possible...

Looks like City failed to get Van Bommel, De Rossi and Gago if they went to sign Owen.

I think it's the right club for him, they have a top class medical facilities and the way they build their players muscle mass up in such a short space I can see Hargreaves being a top player again in a few months. High intensity build up at City will either a) Cripple him again or b) Restart his career.

I think he will get some games, will be interesting to see him play with Nasri/Aguero/Dzeko/Balotelli.

And let's be honest if he can get himself back to full fitness he's 10 times the player Gareth Barry is.

---------- Post added at 07:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 PM ----------

Max Gradel joins St Etienne.

Yiche.

He chose them over WBA/Sochaux/Nice.

Last edited:
I didn't realise there was only 4 defensive midfielders in the world :S

GOD knows what they'll do if Hargreaves opts for a different club, maybe they'll dust off Keano and hand him a six-figure contract -__________-

wooooooo go armand traore! :wub:

took a lot of courage to say that but i have faith, its cool though, we'll still sign Liam Ridgewell/Scott Dann and not Anton Ferdinand, won't we?

Get ready to say... ''Get the heck out of here!''

Asamoah Gyan is on the transfer market and guess who's the front runner for him?

Harry Redknapp.

I kid you not, Harry Redknapp is interested in signing him from Sunderland. Steve Bruce has told him he can be sold and some French teams are also in for him but Harry has 'more than expressed interest' in the Ghanaian. Wonder if QPR will make a sneaky bid for him...

wooooooo go armand traore! :wub:

took a lot of courage to say that but i have faith, its cool though, we'll still sign Liam Ridgewell/Scott Dann and not Anton Ferdinand, won't we?

If you get Liam Ridgewell, enjoy LOL! he works hard, but lacks pace and concentration most of the time.

Dann is in line with like 7 clubs, who knows where he goes, would be a great signing for QPR, would lead the back 4 well, just as Johno has miraculously changed Wolves shaky defence.

Anton Ferdinand looks certain to sign.

Asamoah Gyan is on the transfer market and guess who's the front runner for him?

Harry Redknapp.

I kid you not, Harry Redknapp is interested in signing him from Sunderland. Steve Bruce has told him he can be sold and some French teams are also in for him but Harry has 'more than expressed interest' in the Ghanaian. Wonder if QPR will make a sneaky bid for him...

:O Why are they selling him?

Harry Redknapp.

I'm shocked he's on the market but don't get what's so shocking about Redknapp wanting him? especially of Crouch is leaving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back