Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
Realistically speaking maybe we could offer him to Bolton in exchange for lowering Cahill fee. I'm sure Squillaci wouldn't refuse the move considering he isn't getting too much game time and Bolton would sort of get a direct replacement.

According to a couple of French outlets Maiga is expected in Newcastle for a medical on Tuesday, looks like a deal has been agreed between 7-8 million euros and he'll sign a 4 and a half year deal.

Must be a lift for Newcastle knowing that they finally have another striker coming in, all they need now is a centre back...

Seems a bit strange that he's having his medical mid December but maybe Newcastle want him settled in before January, which makes sense, and this has hardly been a straight forward transfer has it.

Will be a cracking signing. I think his style suits the PL, he is physical, but also has a good touch and knows where the goal is. Worst thing is, he is away in Jan/Feb for ACN, as will Ba. I hope we do get Mbiwa, superb defensive player, and I also hope we sign an out and out left-back(Pieters)

Apparently we may even go after Mbiwa's team-mate Olivier Giroud, who is on fire ATM.

Realistically speaking maybe we could offer him to Bolton in exchange for lowering Cahill fee. I'm sure Squillaci wouldn't refuse the move considering he isn't getting too much game time and Bolton would sort of get a direct replacement.

I'm not that keen on Cahill. Let spuds have him. I prefer more versatile player like Vertonghen or Mbiwa. Or just give Miquel more game time and Bartley when he comes back.

Will be a cracking signing. I think his style suits the PL, he is physical, but also has a good touch and knows where the goal is. Worst thing is, he is away in Jan/Feb for ACN, as will Ba. I hope we do get Mbiwa, superb defensive player, and I also hope we sign an out and out left-back(Pieters)

Apparently we may even go after Mbiwa's team-mate Olivier Giroud, who is on fire ATM.

Montpellier are reluctant to sell. They are a selling club, as most french clubs, but they're chasing their first title ever and are going to try as hard as possible to keep their better players. Maïga OTOH is pretty much done and dusted.

Here
's the article with a few quotes from their chaiman.

Giroud would also fit Prem I think. I've seen Pieters only once live when he played for Holland against Finland and he was good defensively when called upon ( rarely ) He didn't offer much attackwise if I remember though. Rarely got forward.

Giroud would also fit Prem I think. I've seen Pieters only once live when he played for Holland against Finland and he was good defensively when called upon ( rarely ) He didn't offer much attackwise if I remember though. Rarely got forward.

That is exactly what we need(Pieters). Someone that is solid enough to defend, he will have Jonas/Marveaux on that side in fornt of him. The fact he is Holland's first choice at LB says enough. He can go forward, but that isn't his strength. Giroud would fit in the the PL, no question, but someone like him requires a team to change their style to suit him. He is a Target Man, and neither Obertan nor Jonas are consistent enough with their crossing to make him effective. Jonas likes to play down the wing, then cut inside to create an opportunity, as does Obertan, more like inside forwards than wingers, so a quicker, more agile striker its the bill IMO.

Montpellier are reluctant to sell. They are a selling club, as most french clubs, but they're chasing their first title ever and are going to try as hard as possible to keep their better players. Maïga OTOH is pretty much done and dusted.

Here
's the article with a few quotes from their chaiman.

Indeed, but football is al about the money. If the right offer comes in for Mbiwa or Giroud, add in the chance to move to the EPL, they really have no choice. French football isn't flush woith cash like EPL/La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga, and cannot hold back players. Prime example is Cabaye. French Champions Lille sold him for 4.3m, which is a bargain, especially when you see how well he has slotted into the English game. Also, those quotes hold no substance, it is generic response to interest in a player.

Indeed, but football is al about the money. If the right offer comes in for Mbiwa or Giroud, add in the chance to move to the EPL, they really have no choice. French football isn't flush woith cash like EPL/La Liga/Serie A/Bundesliga, and cannot hold back players. Prime example is Cabaye. French Champions Lille sold him for 4.3m, which is a bargain, especially when you see how well he has slotted into the English game. Also, those quotes hold no substance, it is generic response to interest in a player.

Yes, Cabaye left for chips, but only after the championship was over. If they move (And they will, as the only clubs who can actually keep some of their players are OM, OL and PSG), it'll be next summer.

Yes, Cabaye left for chips, but only after the championship was over. If they move (And they will, as the only clubs who can actually keep some of their players are OM, OL and PSG), it'll be next summer.

That is exactly my point. Lille were champions, the following season he had the opportunity to play in the biggest club competition on the planet, but turned it down to move to Newcastle. Also, two of the three clubs you mentioned are as much sellers as the rest, if not more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back