Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is a good player, he hasn't had a great time at Arsenal. Bordeaux or Spain I think

yeah. like his first 6 months was great, then he just wasnt with teh flow, while rvp made the headlines and scoring goals !!

yeah. like his first 6 months was great, then he just wasnt with teh flow, while rvp made the headlines and scoring goals !!

He doesn't get the space in the PL like he did in Ligue 1, that is the major difference.

That is exactly my point. Lille were champions, the following season he had the opportunity to play in the biggest club competition on the planet, but turned it down to move to Newcastle. Also, two of the three clubs you mentioned are as much sellers as the rest, if not more.

He didn't turn the CL down for a move to Newcastle - he moved because Lille could match neither his ambition nor his desired wages. I'm not sure he'd have moved to Newcastle if Gervinho hadn't gone to Arsenal in the first place. And then again, no players moved until the season was over. As a matter of fact, the only transfer out in the winter window was Adil Rami to Valencia, on the condition that he remained with Lille until the end of the season. As long as they have a fighting chance to win the title, and they do, I don't think MHSC will sell any of their star players. They're chasing their first title ever, it's a chance to make club history, I don't think they'll let it slip so easily.

And yes, those clubs do sell players, but they only sell who they want, when they want, and for the amount of money they want, and when they have a replacement lined up. Pretty much like every other big/biggish club around.

He didn't turn the CL down for a move to Newcastle - he moved because Lille could match neither his ambition nor his desired wages. I'm not sure he'd have moved to Newcastle if Gervinho hadn't gone to Arsenal in the first place. And then again, no players moved until the season was over. As a matter of fact, the only transfer out in the winter window was Adil Rami to Valencia, on the condition that he remained with Lille until the end of the season. As long as they have a fighting chance to win the title, and they do, I don't think MHSC will sell any of their star players. They're chasing their first title ever, it's a chance to make club history, I don't think they'll let it slip so easily.

And yes, those clubs do sell players, but they only sell who they want, when they want, and for the amount of money they want, and when they have a replacement lined up. Pretty much like every other big/biggish club around.

That is incorrect. Cabaye had already signed for Newcastle well before Gervinho had agreed to join Arsenal. In fact, this deal was apparently completed in mid-June. I don't see Montpellier holding top spot either. And, both Giroud and Mbiwa have said if England comes calling, they wouldn't be able to turn it down. Once a player is interested in a move, hishead is turned, and the club either sell, or keep a wantaway player, whoo isn't going to perform to his best.

That is incorrect. Cabaye had already signed for Newcastle well before Gervinho had agreed to join Arsenal. In fact, this deal was apparently completed in mid-June. I don't see Montpellier holding top spot either. And, both Giroud and Mbiwa have said if England comes calling, they wouldn't be able to turn it down. Once a player is interested in a move, hishead is turned, and the club either sell, or keep a wantaway player, whoo isn't going to perform to his best.

Gervinho was leaving well before Cabaye was even on the market - I said Arsenal because they were the team he finally went to, but Gervinho leaving was on the cards a long way before the season ended. But he stayed till the season was over and the league was in the bag. And Montpellier may not hold the top for long, but that's yet to be seen and so far they've done well, and as things stand they're topping the league which makes them realistic contenders.

And you should have a word with 'Arry about wantaway players not performing to their best, because Modric didn't seem to get the memo :P Maïga, for instance, complained and threw a bit of a tantrum but so far he's scored a goal every other game on average, so I don't think he's doing too bad, either. Of course, there are examples of the opposite, but it's not 'a rule'.

Gervinho was leaving well before Cabaye was even on the market - I said Arsenal because they were the team he finally went to, but Gervinho leaving was on the cards a long way before the season ended. But he stayed till the season was over and the league was in the bag. And Montpellier may not hold the top for long, but that's yet to be seen and so far they've done well, and as things stand they're topping the league which makes them realistic contenders.

And you should have a word with 'Arry about wantaway players not performing to their best, because Modric didn't seem to get the memo :P Maïga, for instance, complained and threw a bit of a tantrum but so far he's scored a goal every other game on average, so I don't think he's doing too bad, either. Of course, there are examples of the opposite, but it's not 'a rule'.

There are always exceptions, but it is general knowledge apart from a few. Kenwyne Jones a couple of years ago was linked with Liverpool, and Rafa confirmed he was watching him. The transfer never materialized, but he was never the same player until he left for Stoke. Maiga did strike for the move, and it was almost completed near to the end of the market, but they couldn't secure their replacement, so the deal was called off. He thought better of it, and admitted no team will sign him if he refuses to play.

He doesn't get the space in the PL like he did in Ligue 1, that is the major difference.

more in essence that he's a aerial striker, and not like a striker like rvp or drogba or ronney XD.

Mike Havenaar has turned down offers from 3 Championship clubs to sign for Wolfsburg in January on a free. Certainly a player to look out for, scores for fun in the Japanese league and despite being the 2nd highest scorer in the season his team just got relegated.

Bayern have told Breno he can leave in January. Schalke's general manager said this about Farfan: "We are waiting for an offer, for the moment no clubs have made one. Who wants Farfan must bring the money, then we'll see".

Hleb's left Wolfsburg after the club couldn't take the risk of a new contract given his fitness concerns.

Podolski's been talking about failed ambition at Koln, whilst also slipping in ''Arsenal are a great club'' along with ''England is where any top player wants to play''.

Barrios give a very interesting interview where he frankly said ''play me or lose me'' to Dortmund and Klopp.

Barrios: "I am physically fine. I am recovering from my injury, but boss Klopp often decides to have somebody else play. I respect his choice as I am a professional, but I would have never imagined to leave such a situation after scoring so many goals for Borussia. For this reason I will talk about my future in the next weeks. In the last two years I have been the team's top scorer, and I was happy, but now the situation has changed. I am 27 and I have good prospectives for my career. It would be easy to sit on the bench and get paid without playing, but this is not my idea of football. At the end of the last season I had many chances to change clubs, I had offers from Russia, Italy and England, but I agreed with the club to remain. Now I think it's time to analize everything. Though I still have four more years of contract I prefer to leave if I realize that I am no more important for the club."

Sevilla chairman's said they will try again for Giovanni in January as well, I wouldn't rule out a deal that brings Negredo to Spurs.

It's not even mid December and the madness has already started...

Jamie, where's the Amauri to Spurs rumour? Expected you to be all over that. :(

I don't want to give Spurs fans false hope.

It's well documented the poor job Amauri's agent does for him, unless Spurs will pay him £97k per week (Which Levy will not) then he wont join them unfortunately.

If Levy was reluctant to pay Forlan £75k a week and Fabiano £68k, there is not a chance he's paying Amauri that much.

Basically Amauri's agent likes to get air time, the most likely scenario is some sort of Parma package where Juve pay half his wages until 2013.

He didn't win the Bidone D'Oro either, that went to Diego Milito but Amauri came second - second year running - which I think is just crazy.

His playing record in 2012 is extremely good, he just hasn't played a single minute under Conte.

Luca Toni is going to the MLS in January, Iaquinta is going somewhere. Conte is stubborn enough to keep Amauri frozen out even if they get every striker injured, it's just crazy and unfounded in my opinion.

Anyway back to where il grande is going, if it is outside of Italy it will either be to Neuchatel Xamax or France. If I was a betting man I would say one of Napoli/Palermo/Parma, they all want him.

Spurs moving for Iaquinta is something I wouldn't rule out.

The mail so make of it what you will:

AglDaG5CAAAJBrz.jpg

Gogo Mike Ashley! Bring Torres in so we can have a striker worse than Ameobi!

£20 million for Torres+Mail=refuse to believe that. Actually feel sorry for Torres

£20 million for Torres+Mail=refuse to believe that. Actually feel sorry for Torres

I agree, 20 million is way way way too much.

Straight swap for Leon Best? He has more goals and is sexier than Torres!

Why would Chelsea sell him for less then half what they paid a year later? He hasn't been bad when his played and has managed to get some goals and assists this season. Also the reason he isn't playing ATM is because Drogba is doing well and scoring goals. Annoying how everyone is quick to criticise Torres and say he has not played up to his price tag yet nobody says a thing about Andy Carroll who was also bought for a ridiculous amount of money and has been far worse.

Why would Chelsea sell him for less then half what they paid a year later? He hasn't been bad when his played and has managed to get some goals and assists this season. Also the reason he isn't playing ATM is because Drogba is doing well and scoring goals. Annoying how everyone is quick to criticise Torres and say he has not played up to his price tag yet nobody says a thing about Andy Carroll who was also bought for a ridiculous amount of money and has been far worse.

Agreed, they are both have been very, very poor and wastes of money.

There's two 'exclusive' pieces this morning that are just irrational.

Considering that the Torres story is written by Neil Ashton, I highly doubt how factual it is.

The idea that Chelsea, more importantly Roman Abramovich who adores Torres, are going to throw to the wayside a player they're paying upwards of £190k a week who has 4 years left on his contract is frankly insane. One of the reasons AVB got the Chelsea job was to get the best out of Torres, let's face it the only reason people are writing these stories is because Drogba's had 2 decent games and suddenly he's 'back'.

Complete nonsense, they'll compare it to the Shevchenko/Crespo situation but this is a different regime and Torres is in the prime of his career. Makes no sense for Chelsea to cut their losses, especially considering Drogba going to the CON and Anelka leaving. That leaves Sturridge, unless the papers are expecting 2 striker signings in January then I'm afraid the story is a non starter.

The other story is Spurs and Tevez, in what world is Daniel Levy sanctioning a £27 million transfer for Carlos Tevez and handing him a £200k+ a week contract?

City will not let him go on loan, as far as they're concerned that's off the table. Then you'll hear people bring up Adebayor, paying 60% of £130k a week wages is a bit different to tying Carlos Tevez to a 12 million pound a year contract. The best part is they're advertising the story because of Harry's man management skills, last I checked Harry didn't speak Spanish. So unless he's man managing via translator it's completely useless to say Harry will take Carlos and the family down to Hampshire for some ice cream.

Must be a slow week for transfer stories, definitely a bad week for Sports journalism even by Ashton's standards.

Carroll is 22, Torres is 27.. Carroll has a lot more time than Torres to find form and for £15m less. Torres is a rare flop, but a flop nonetheless. And Carroll has scored a goal more in a team that doesn't score as many as Chelsea.

Last edited:
Oh and Oleg Artemov has confirmed Roman Pavlyuchenko has been offered to QPR by Tottenham and the 2 clubs have a proposal in place. He said all that's left is ''evaluate some details and the player must think about it".

Would be a good signing for QPR, a lot better than what they have up front at the minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back