Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Gibson is as bad as everyone says he is. He isn't amazing, granted, but think he can do a job at Everton.

I don't think Gibson is as bad as everyone says he is. He isn't amazing, granted, but think he can do a job at Everton.

And David 9 times out of 10 finds a way to get the best out of players regardless of whatever club they come from, and their age.

He ain't a bad player, but he ain't that great either. TBF, if any manager is going to turn his fortunes around, it will most likely be David Moyes. TBH, I always saw him as someone you could throw on for a few decent, on target long shots when you needed them, but when he played the past couple times he played, he couldn't do that...

I hope Gibson does well. He gets a **** of a lot of abuse from people and this is a chance to prove them wrong.. & Tbh, £500k for a PL 24 year old, not bad business.

And to be honest, if he does have a good shooting foot, we need another goalscoring midfielder as our strikers can't score for love or money. 11 games for Saha now without a goal speaks volumes

he isnt ****, just very average. But then has never had too many runs in the team. Maybe playing 25 games in a row could kick start him again

He was out of contract in the summer, but the price smacks of SAF doing Moyes (and Gibson) a favour.

He was out of contract in the summer, but the price smacks of SAF doing Moyes (and Gibson) a favour.

Probably feels sorry for us-in a similar situation injury wise lol.

Imagine what would happen though if he does brilliantly for us this season, and we got him for that price?

Last edited:

Imagine what would happen though if he does brilliantly for us this season, and we got him for that price?

Maybe we'll sign Rodwell or Barkley for a cut price ;)

Then the clauses kick in :). Its only initally 500k apparently. In fairness he wasnt going anywhere at United, and he strikes me as the kind of player who needs to be playing constantly

Maybe we'll sign Rodwell or Barkley for a cut price ;)

No. Absolutely not. No way. Not a chance. Definately not. No. No. Just...........no.

Now repeat after me: "I shall never say such a thing again" :P

Then the clauses kick in :). Its only initally 500k apparently. In fairness he wasnt going anywhere at United, and he strikes me as the kind of player who needs to be playing constantly

Be good to get his international career kickstarted too.

O yeah, Newcastle bid for Ravel Morrisson rejected by Man Utd

Last edited:
Lolwut, Arsenal won't (be stupid enough to) bid 30+mil like us. Madrid don't need him although they could buy him and flog some other players as they usually do..

Genuinely think it's Chelsea favourites for a Jan move. Summer? I'd put money on Madrid if they sell Kaka/Di Maria..

They won't sell Di Maria - you can bank on that. He's been brilliant this season and is a crucial part of their team.

You're probably right that Arsenal won't go in with a 30m+ bid - although Wenger always has the potential to surprise IMO. He's not going anywhere in January tbh. As Mike. said - he'll only go with Lille's blessing and they want him to stay until the end of the season, so that's what he'll do.

He's a very level-headed and mature young player. He's already married and got a kid (I think?) - when he goes, it's going to be a well-thought out decision for more than just footballing reasons (or money), so I think his relationship with Wenger would come into play if Arsenal bidded. Still think he'll go to Madrid in the Summer, though.

he isnt ****, just very average. But then has never had too many runs in the team. Maybe playing 25 games in a row could kick start him again

Looking forward to seeing Pogba get similar opportunities to Gibson in the next few years. Quality prospect.

They won't sell Di Maria - you can bank on that. He's been brilliant this season and is a crucial part of their team.

You're probably right that Arsenal won't go in with a 30m+ bid - although Wenger always has the potential to surprise IMO. He's not going anywhere in January tbh. As Mike. said - he'll only go with Lille's blessing and they want him to stay until the end of the season, so that's what he'll do.

He's a very level-headed and mature young player. He's already married and got a kid (I think?) - when he goes, it's going to be a well-thought out decision for more than just footballing reasons (or money), so I think his relationship with Wenger would come into play if Arsenal bidded. Still think he'll go to Madrid in the Summer, though.

Looking forward to seeing Pogba get similar opportunities to Gibson in the next few years. Quality prospect.

RE: Hazard, he wont be thinking about any relationship, just the football and Lille, its all he talks about in the few interviews he's had, the only club he is truly sentimental about is Lille. Anyone else is just a footballing decision

Lille are ready to listen to any mega offers this window, as they are that kind of club, but then they dont expect Hazard to jump at any offer. For example he wouldnt be going to PSG if they were to bid. No reason why he wouldnt be ready to listen to chelsea if they match what Lille want.

Pogba needs to get his head down first, and sign his contract

Be good to get his international career kickstarted too.

O yeah, Newcastle bid for Ravel Morrisson rejected by Man Utd

Ravel can go swing as far as im concerned. The club has absolutely bent over backwards for him, literally kept him out of jail. He's thrown a strop because Scholes has come back, and is now asking for the moon in his contract.

Ravel can go swing as far as im concerned. The club has absolutely bent over backwards for him, literally kept him out of jail. He's thrown a strop because Scholes has come back, and is now asking for the moon in his contract.

That's the problem with some of the youngsters. They think that because they're at the big clubs they're owed so much before they've given back. Then they end up on the scrapheap sometimes with their potential unfulfilled. Shame.

Ramires is one of the (physically) weakest players in PL, but he is exceptional on the pitch every game he plays for us, so doesnt really matter tbh. Also, Mata? :)

That's a horrible comparison. Ramires doesn't strike you as the strong type because he's small, but he's quite strong. Ganso OTOH could be shoulder charged by a midget.

You cruel *******. If I have to see Gibson play 25 games in a row for us in order to see him do anything remotely useful I'll chop my balls off and feed them to the crows.

Oh, he picked the number 4 shirt, we've gout ourself the Cesc Fabregas from Derry.

I sense 4 and a half years of doom and gloom...

Oh, he picked the number 4 shirt, we've gout ourself the Cesc Fabregas from Derry.

I sense 4 and a half years of doom and gloom...

Least he'll get more goals than our strikers.

That's a horrible comparison. Ramires doesn't strike you as the strong type because he's small, but he's quite strong. Ganso OTOH could be shoulder charged by a midget.

Ramires is a horrible comparison.

Ganso is definite not too weak for the PL though.. Modric does fine and he's built like Starvin' Marvin.

Least he'll get more goals than our strikers.

It's not hard to beat 3, tbf.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back