Transfer Rumour Thread 2011/2012

• Thread starter Thread starter Deleted member 79730
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8K
  • Views Views 610K
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't shell out on Ganso when there will probably be better, cheaper and more adequate options available in the market, and you expect the player to be a starter in the short-ish term.

He would start, but he would need time. Its not rocket science.

Which potentially world class playmaker is currently available for 15-20m?

Out of those you mentioned I'm not sure there's a single one that can play a la Modric.

Not many players can, on a whole, play as well as Modric in the position that he plays. I think Thudd could do a job there, his long range passing is awesome, and he has a decent shot on him, granted he won't be as good as Modric, but they have enough quality in the squad to make up for the loss of Modric, and if they bring in Ganso for half of what they sell Modric, and he is awesome, then it will be seen as amazing business, if it doesn't, then it's a risk that hasn't come off, and they will probably be able to flog him to a Spanish or Italian team for a similar amount they signed him for. He could end up like Keirisson, doing **** all, or becoming like Lucas and Ramires. Who knows, it's a risk, but the lad does have potential.

Not many players can, on a whole, play as well as Modric in the position that he plays. I think Thudd could do a job there, his long range passing is awesome, and he has a decent shot on him, granted he won't be as good as Modric, but they have enough quality in the squad to make up for the loss of Modric, and if they bring in Ganso for half of what they sell Modric, and he is awesome, then it will be seen as amazing business, if it doesn't, then it's a risk that hasn't come off, and they will probably be able to flog him to a Spanish or Italian team for a similar amount they signed him for. He could end up like Keirisson, doing **** all, or becoming like Lucas and Ramires. Who knows, it's a risk, but the lad does have potential.

Major potential, dont know why we arent tracking him for that price...

They don't need one now, they'll need one when (if?) Modric leaves. When that happens, who knows who'll be available. As a matter of fact, even if I wouldn't dare call him world class, look at Cabaye - he was inexpensive and look at him now. Borja Valero costed Villarreal 6m and he's been nothing short of awesome for them (Even if we consider the fact he flopped at WBA).

But he is still good enough for the side to carry on, thats the point of a squad

That depends on your idea of carrying on.

Marvin Martin, Clement Grenier, Esteban Granero, Julian Draxler. And that's under £20 mil. :)

I agree with you in principle, but this is revenge for saying I can't get a Ghana shirt, you *******.

Not saying he doesn't have potential, but I think he'd be awesome in Italy but flop horribly in England. I may be pushing it but I see him as a brazilian Verón.

Marvin Martin, Clement Grenier, Esteban Granero, Julian Draxler. And that's under £20 mil. :)

I agree with you in principle, but this is revenge for saying I can't get a Ghana shirt, you *******.

Eek, Granero isn't world class by any stretch of the imagination.

They don't need one now, they'll need one when (if?) Modric leaves. When that happens, who knows who'll be available. As a matter of fact, even if I wouldn't dare call him world class, look at Cabaye - he was inexpensive and look at him now. Borja Valero costed Villarreal 6m and he's been nothing short of awesome for them (Even if we consider the fact he flopped at WBA).

That depends on your idea of carrying on.

not really, they have played well without modric before, they have enough quality in the side.

So there is Valero, who would cost considerably more than the 6m they paid

not really, they have played well without modric before, they have enough quality in the side.

So there is Valero, who would cost considerably more than the 6m they paid

There may be other by the time they need to replace Modric.

Anyways, we're speculating on the price as there's no guarantee Santos will let him go for 18m either.

Oh, you douche. I wish Martin was under 20m though

Eek, Granero isn't world class by any stretch of the imagination.

Potentially. I admit Granero's a bit of a long shot, but he's had a tough deal of it so far. Could be someone who has a major upturn in his career when he moves to a club that actually starts him. Besides that, he's not quite your regular playmaker, he's far more rounded than that, so I chucked him in as a bit of a Modric-alike.

Potentially. I admit Granero's a bit of a long shot, but he's had a tough deal of it so far. Could be someone who has a major upturn in his career when he moves to a club that actually starts him. Besides that, he's not quite your regular playmaker, he's far more rounded than that, so I chucked him in as a bit of a Modric-alike.

Apparently Malaga are in for him, maybe he'll turn out good, but I don't see him as a potential WC midfielder.

Apparently Malaga are in for him, maybe he'll turn out good, but I don't see him as a potential WC midfielder.

Goddamnit Athe you're meant to argue against the people who DON'T support your argument! :P

Is that guy Tim Ream any good? the Gary's replacer at Bolton?

I've seen Tim Ream very briefly for NY Red Bulls, including at the Emirates Cup and I didn't think much of him from what I did see.

But meh, maybe I just caught him on bad days.

I've seen Tim Ream very briefly for NY Red Bulls, including at the Emirates Cup and I didn't think much of him from what I did see.

But meh, maybe I just caught him on bad days.

maybe.

Im asking though because I just read this:

"He has a future. I probably shouldn’t say too much, but Ream has a chance to be a national team player. He’s a center back who is comfortable and calm in possession of the ball. He plays a good passing game, he’s an excellent passer. A European-type center back who, I think, reminds me of Rio Ferdinand in the Premier League. Ream is strong tactically and never stressed, and of course he’s good in the air. He has a top-class attitude and spirit."

-Red Bulls coach Hans Backe speaking about Tim Ream, March 17, 2010http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_Ream#cite_note-1

well once chelsea were in for cahill, ream becomes an ultimate replacement for him to the rebook.

plus owen colye is keen on that too. i think he can do the job tbh and imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back